Future Royal Wedding Gowns

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: Very elegant, but when you factor in the obligatory Cameo Tiara and lace veil it would be way over the top.

I'd like to see not just Victoria and Madeleine but any bride wearing a traditional, fairy-tale wedding dress with a long train and veil, with the veil covering her face as she walks to the altar, and not low down at the back of her head as seems to be the fashion these days.

I'd like to see not just Victoria and Madeleine but any bride wearing a traditional, fairy-tale wedding dress with a long train and veil, with the veil covering her face as she walks to the altar, and not low down at the back of her head as seems to be the fashion these days.

In Sweden brides never cover their face by the veil... and I dont understand why they are doing it in other countries... Can someone help me to explain that tradition?

I think the title of these posts should be changed now

Last edited:

Oh my gosh, I could have written this myself. The veil doesn't necessarily have to cover the face for me (although I do think it gives a beautiful sight to look at), but for the rest I agree with everything.

In Sweden brides never cover their face by the veil... and I dont understand why they are doing it in other countries... Can someone help me to explain that tradition?

It stems from ages back when the man was not supposed to see the face of his bride before the wedding and he was to lift the veil after having said 'Yes'/'I do'/'I will'/whatever custom. Marrying people off was how it worked back in the day and by covering the bride's face the groom could not flee beforehand if he didn't like how she looked.

Last edited:
Victoria's wedding gown is now one for the history books. Madeleine is next. I will be waiting.....

Royal Wedding Gowns for Future Royal Brides

Who do you think will design the wedding gowns of future royal brides, like Charlene Wittstock

Its anyone guess but Charlene Wittstock and Tatiana gowns will be amazing!

Costura New Wedding Collection: wedding dresses and bridal accessories thought this design would be quite nice for Victoria - simple, elegant and very appropiate for a future Queen with a reserved neckline

Wow I would like to congratulate you Princess of Europe, what a good guess! Actually Victoria's wedding dress is quite a copy of Manuel Mota's 2010 Pronovias collection. Par Engsheden just made a blend of Manuel Mota's two dresses called Tiber and Chabeli, both from the 2010 Pronovias collection. I must say I am a bit disappointed about that. The dress was beautiful for Victoria, but a haute couture designer is not supposed to just copy others' work. Just check it you will be as astonished as I was this morning.

links:
http://www.pronovias.fr/photos-robes-mariees/chabeli2010.html
http://www.pronovias.fr/photos-robes-mariees/tiber2010.html

Last edited:
You've no idea where Par Engsheden got his idea for the wedding dress from, but I can bet he didn't copy it from Pronovias. This is the 2010 collection?
Victoria's dress will have more than likely started to be designed after her engagement, which was last February.

For Charlene I think she'll stick with an Armani style gown. The style seems to be her choice for occasions. She's tall and thin which means she can wear anything but she seems to stay with clean lines and little ornamentation.

Tatiana is all tall and slim which means she can pull-off any style gown. She has been seen in ballgown type dresses so I'd think she'd choose that style for her wedding dress. Of European designers I think she'd pick Balanciaga (don't know who designs for that house) or a designer of that stature or maybe a Greek designer.

:previous::previous:

Actually I read it somewhere which led me to check Manuel Mota's wedding gowns and indeed Victoria's resemble the 2 of those dresses from head to toe: the shape, the back, the front, the skirt, the choice of fabric... except for the belt which holds the train and the sleeves.

I know a bit about fashion, and believe me nobody is ignoring one of the most prominent wedding gowns young designer that is Manuel Mota. It is indeed the 2010 collection but don't you know that they do it backwards? This year's wedding gowns are from the 2011 collection, and Par Engsheden as well as many others must have seen them by the time Victoria was engaged to Daniel. Again, Victoria was radiant and I believe that she has nothing to do with all of this. But at a certain level, a haute couture designer copycatting others is extremely disappointing.

:previous::previous:
... the choice of fabric... except for the belt which holds the train and the sleeves.

I know a bit about fashion....

I am confused by something you describe.
What do you mean by a belt? I can't remember CP Victoria wearing a belt with her dress.
Could you show me what you mean? :)
And does anyone have any idea why, in one of the video's, Victoria's train seems to have disappeared. She is holding the veil on her arm, but there is only a short train left. The rest is 'missing'.

And does anyone have any idea why, in one of the video's, Victoria's train seems to have disappeared. She is holding the veil on her arm, but there is only a short train left. The rest is 'missing'.

The dress was designed so that Victoria could take the 5-meter-long train off for the dinner, so that it was easier for her to dance.

The dress was designed so that Victoria could take the 5-meter-long train off for the dinner, so that it was easier for her to dance.

So, how was the train attached? Does anyone have a picture where is shows?
With the belt mentioned above?

I am confused by something you describe.
What do you mean by a belt? I can't remember CP Victoria wearing a belt with her dress.
Could you show me what you mean? :)

Excuse my bad english if you question my fashion knowledge for I did not mean that the "belt-like" thing on the waist is to hold the train nor the sleeves :lol:
But it was there not only to emphasize the waistline, but also to hide how the train is fixed to the dress, there must have been some hooks or buttons somewhere on purpose. The train didn't disappear, it was meant to be removed.

or a designer of that stature or maybe a Greek designer.
I highly doubt that but we will see,her wedding is close.:) If i were her i would ask Diane Von Furstenberd to design my wedding gown,she knows her and she works for her.

What about dresses like the following ones:

Ballkleid Brautkleid mit Schleppe 32 34 36 38 40 42 - Atelier Noblesse
Ballkleid Brautkleid mit Schleppe 32 34 36 38 40 42 - Atelier Noblesse

The train on each dress have to be a little longer. But I love the style of these too dresses.

What do you think?

I think Marie will choose a Danish or a French designer, or a half-Danish half-French.

These are both stunningly beautiful but out of those two, I particularly like the second one.

Last edited:
That second gown is almost an exact knockoff of Kate's-even down to the bustle at the back!:ermm:

Only the color and fabric are different.

I can't wait to see the future wedding dresses of Elisabeth, Leonor, Estelle, etc. I hope Ingrid Alexandra will take inspiration from her mother's wedding gown, like Mette Marit took inspiration from one of Queen Maud's gowns. Maybe have a similar train and veil. I also hope Amalia will wear her mother amazing Valentino veil at her wedding. It would be wonderful to see it again.

I can't wait to see the future wedding dresses of Elisabeth, Leonor, Estelle, etc. I hope Ingrid Alexandra will take inspiration from her mother's wedding gown, like Mette Marit took inspiration from one of Queen Maud's gowns. Maybe have a similar train and veil. I also hope Amalia will wear her mother amazing Valentino veil at her wedding. It would be wonderful to see it again.

I agree about that veil! :flowers: I could see every one of her daughters wearing that veil. It's amazing.

The dresses on the site you link to are wonderful. I actually wore two dresses at my wedding (we had two ceremonies). This dress is very similar to the one I wore. I loved the freedom of it. Much preferred it to the long (ornate) gown.

LINK: A-Linie/Princess-Linie Herzausschnitt Asymmetrisch Tüll Brautkleid mit Spitze Perlen verziert (002011546) - JJsHouse

Only difference was that I had a halter top, with the bodice elements continuing on the halter.

If I were to do it again, I would dispense with the ornate gown and the semi-length, and go for something like this ;). The look in his eyes would be worth it. Ha!

LINK: Etui-Linie Herzausschnitt Asymmetrisch Abnehmbar Satin Spitze Brautkleid mit Perlen verziert Kristalle Blumen Brosche Pailletten Schleife(n) (002012842) - JJsHouse

In my dreams! :p

This would be more like it - the back is scrumptious. Probably for the renewal of our vows on our tenth anniversary, on a lanai in Hawaii. Sounds good to me. ;) I'm a strong believer in getting married every ten years.

LINK: Trompete/Meerjungfrau-Linie V-Ausschnitt Kapelle-schleppe Chiffon Brautkleid mit Perlen verziert Applikationen Spitze Pailletten Gestufte Rüschen (002056587) - JJsHouse

Last edited:

Sooo gorgeous, I catch my breath every time!:whistling: Yes, I agree...that veil needs to become a family heirloom worn by many generations of Maxima's descendants. It was simply too exquisite for only one showing.

If Stephanie has a daughter, I would love if she wore her mothers exquisite veil on her wedding day.

:previous:I agree, that's another veil that is simply too beautiful to be put away in storage forever. The bridal gown as well!;)

Back
Top Bottom