The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Royal Highness

A smart skirt and jacket and pill box hat will do............only kidding!!!!

It's really hard to imagine what she will wear and what she will look like, but I guess once the designer has been announced it'll give some ideas. My initial thoughts gravitate towards: a style/scale similar to Princess Maxima with less lace; modern; made of the most expensive ivory silk; woven with a high thread count; a highly structured design. However, Victoria is very much in love and it could just as easily be a romantic, simple and very pretty style like Crown Princess Mette-Marit's dress.

She has some pretty steep steps to manage at the entrance to the church and the interior of the church (such as aisle) will give some clue as to the possible scale of the dress. One thing is for sure - whatever people think before the wedding, the dress will end up being a complete surprise!

Old 07-06-2009, 06:46 PM
Commoner

I think it'll be very minimalist- no ornate lace and beading, very streamlined. Probably a Swedish designer (but whenever Princess Madeleine ties the knot, I'm sure we'll see something Valentino or Dior). Long sleeves, of course, with a very long train. Overall, I think the look will be understated and classy, not unlike the Princess herself.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

I guess the dress will be coloured in ivory or champagne, not in deep white and it will so beautiful that Daniel gets tears in eyes when the King is walking into church with Victoria.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:09 AM
Nobility

I think she will wear her mother's veil
http://yle.fi/elavaarkisto/kuvat/art...03677_1iso.jpg

maybe also the tiara (I wish she didn't.. though)

and I believe that the wedding dress will be something between Silvia's wedding dress
Silvia sommerlath image by Teresa_photos on Photobucket

and Maxima's
The Dutch Royal House
Old 07-21-2009, 11:10 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by orb and sceptre View Post
I think it'll be very minimalist- no ornate lace and beading, very streamlined. Probably a Swedish designer (but whenever Princess Madeleine ties the knot, I'm sure we'll see something Valentino or Dior). Long sleeves, of course, with a very long train. Overall, I think the look will be understated and classy, not unlike the Princess herself.
Please, no Dior. Dior the borehouse. He can be a genius, yet he never shows it.
Badgley Mischka and Vera Wang are always very classy and suitable for a princess.

I personally would find a dress like this absolutely wonderful on a young bride;
Imageshack - sophisticatedweddingdre

Just nothing crazy for Victoria.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:21 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Please, no Dior. Dior the borehouse. He can be a genius, yet he never shows it.
Badgley Mischka and Vera Wang are always very classy and suitable for a princess.

I personally would find a dress like this absolutely wonderful on a young bride;

Just nothing crazy for Victoria.
That dress would look INCREDIBLE on victoria. Whose the designer?
I think your right with Badgley Mischka and Vera Wang, it would be nice to Victoria in something designed by them
Old 07-21-2009, 11:32 AM
Serene Highness

I don't know who the designer is to be honest. I found it while looking on Google.
Victoria has the right profile and body to pull off the dress. And it doesn't have to be sleeveless or strapless. It can have the same sort of neck as Maxima's dress had. And it still would look great on her.
Victoria shouldn't go crazy with her dress and with Dior? It would go crazy. Dior has gone downhill really. He tries to be different from the rest and he is, but it isn't working.

Anyway, with a Maxima-like veil and a nice tiara. Maybe some very soft jewellry, nothing overdone and she'll be a fairytale bride.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:55 AM
Majesty

maybe add madeleine to this thread

victorias wedding its about 310 days away
Old 08-26-2009, 12:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Suggestions for the wedding dresses of Victoria and Madeleine

My suggestions are:

http://www.hellomagazine.com/brides/...mischka15a.jpg
http://www.hellomagazine.com/brides/...herrera29a.jpg
http://www.hellomagazine.com/brides/...a/renta75a.jpg
http://www.hellomagazine.com/brides/...a/renta81a.jpg
http://www.hellomagazine.com/brides/...a/renta82a.jpg
http://www.hellomagazine.com/brides/...ng/wang11a.jpg
http://www.hellomagazine.com/brides/...ng/wang25a.jpg
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:08 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ria-23003.html

There's already a thread for Victoria but one for Maddie can't hurt.
They are lovely dresses .
Old 08-26-2009, 12:11 PM
Heir Apparent

I'd vote for the last wedding dress, I think Princess Madeleine will be a fairy-tale princess in it!
For Princess Victoria, I'd advise to chose the second, she'll be one of the most beautiful royal woman!
Old 08-29-2009, 05:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Surprisingly I think she would look great in ice white. It is easy to think differently, sort of pale skin = champagne etc. but I had a great object lesson when my neice got married. She has very natural golden fair hair and her skin is almost transluescent, and so we thought not white as it would be overwheming so she tried on this fabulous ivory silk dress.

We were absolutely stunned and when she asked her mother and I what we thought and we told her the dress was magnificent, and would look absolutely fabulous walking up the aisle. Unfortunately we wanted to see the bride as well as the dress! She just sort of disappeared altogether. The colour totally overwhelmed her. Needless to say she ended up in stunning ice white which surprisingly gave her skin a wonderful blush glow.

But I think that Victoria has an innate sense of her own style and I expect her dress to be spectacular. So long as she does not develop a passion for bows . . . .
Old 08-29-2009, 08:01 AM
Nobility

sheer perfection and the absolute epitome of elegance but it is strapless and IMO a future Queen would not choose it...

Do you know its price???
Old 08-29-2009, 11:02 AM
Serene Highness

I really want to see Victoria in a regal wedding dress on her big day.
Something classic but modern at the same time.Designers I would suggest:Valentino,Vera Wang & Oscar de la Renta.I also like wedding dresses by Pronovias.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Victoria is an athletic looking girl who dresses mostly in simple lines.
I tend to believe it will be an elegant simple gown something similar to what Queen Silvia wore on her wedding day.
What I believe it will not be is a frou frou, lacy concoction with bows or flowers and petticoats.
Old 08-30-2009, 03:27 PM
Courtier

I think that Victorias dress will be quite simple and clean cut - not with a lot of lace or pearls or such.

And the designer will not be announced until Victoria enters the church - but i think it will without a doubt be a swedish designer (Madeleine i could see in an international designer-dress)
Old 10-18-2009, 01:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmeleia View Post

sheer perfection and the absolute epitome of elegance but it is strapless and IMO a future Queen would not choose it...

Do you know its price???
I have no idea but the dress itself is beautiful. And like I said before; it doesn't have to be strapless.

And I love to see this dress on Madeleine; Penelope - by Maggie Sottero
Unlike Victoria I think she can totally get away with a dress more ''Sissi-like''

Or this;
http://www.sinceritybridal.com/us_en...idal/3565.html
Old 10-18-2009, 01:32 PM
Courtier

I have no idea what I want to see Victoria and Madeleine in, but please no Vera Wang!
She makes the most boring wedding dresses (according to me). It's mostly strapless with a minimal bodice and all skirt. Above too little and under too much, ugh!
Old 10-21-2009, 04:47 PM
Serene Highness

Alright,not Vera Wang for the Swedish princesses.They deserve way more than that!
Generally,I would like to say that I expect Victoria's dress to be a bit conservative,close to that of CP Mary's perhaps.
Madeleine is going to have more options I guess.