The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-22-2007, 11:23 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by agisele
are there any other photos of Princess Mary's wedding dress on display? i can't seem to view the ones that have already been posted.
Here's the dress, shoes and fan:

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x63/belerma/esk2.jpg
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x.../Maryshoes.jpg
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...ma/abanico.jpg
From Hola

Old 06-22-2007, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

The more I see that dress, I think that is is lovely, and I know Mary is lovely, but the two of them together just don't work.

Old 08-11-2007, 12:06 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
Queen Victoria 1840 from an Exhibition called "A Century of Queen's Dresses 1840 - 1947" at Kensington Palace, April 2002.

Rex Features - Homepage

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/5404/380842b7fc.jpg
A special exhibition at the Summer Opening of Buckingham Palace 28 July – 28 September 2007. This exhibition marks the Diamond Wedding Anniversary of The Queen and Prince Philip and looks back to 20 November 1947 titled "A Royal Weding 20 November 1947". Also on display is The Queen's wedding dress. Here is the link > Royal Collection - A Royal Wedding
Old 08-16-2007, 09:09 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK View Post
The more I see that dress, I think that is is lovely, and I know Mary is lovely, but the two of them together just don't work.

are you talking about the dress and the shoes? or are you talking about mary and fred???

little confused

PS: i didn't know mary even had a fan on her wedding day all i know is that she had a secret pocket for her hand made hankycheif
Old 08-19-2007, 07:54 PM
Commoner

Smile A great big thanks Fanletizia

It might be a few years after the weddings but we all catch up some time. Fanletizia, thanks a million times over for the wonderful close-ups of the Spanish Princesses wedding dresses you posted for all the wedding fans (including me of course) to see. The are absolutely amazing!!!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 04:42 PM
Courtier

Máxima's wedding dress was (temporarily) displayed in Buenos Aires, back in 2003, in the Decorative Arts Museum (Museo de Arte Decorativo)

Buenos Aires Herald

Too bad I wasn't quite interested in the subject back then. Right now I would looove to go!
Old 08-27-2007, 11:12 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tara1983 View Post
are you talking about the dress and the shoes? or are you talking about mary and fred???

little confused

PS: i didn't know mary even had a fan on her wedding day all i know is that she had a secret pocket for her hand made hankycheif
Mary and the dress- separate they are great, but together....the result was not quite what I had been hoping for- Mary looked better during her prewedding galas.

Old 09-04-2007, 06:53 PM
Courtier

I've never noticed this thread before!
I loved seeing the older dresses from the 1800's. I know Victoria started the trend of wearing "virgin" white down the aisle, but does anyone know who started the royal tradition of wearing a tiara?
I agree, Mary's dress looks better on display than it did on her. I think she wore a tulle "petticoat" underneath that was way too poofy.

Are there any close-ups of veils? Mathilde, Maxima, & Christina's to be exact.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:54 AM
Aristocracy

Divine Royal Gowns

Hi Everyone,

I am new today, but I just love this thread....
Firstly I want to thank you all, especially Mandy, for all the posts and Gorgeous pictures I found here! I really loved it...... So many Gorgeous Gowns. I found the Gowns as displayed at Aranjuez especially beautiful...So Feminine and yet gracefully flowing with those full skirts and long circular trains.... really Majestic.
I will go hunting and see what I can find, but I believe you might have already posted all the Gowns on display.....
Thanks again,

Old 09-30-2008, 02:14 PM
Courtier

This is an AWESOME thread! Thanks to EVERYONE for posting such beautiful pictures!
Old 10-04-2008, 05:52 AM
Aristocracy

"fleur de lysee"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki View Post
Beautiful dresses have been worn by the woman of the SRF, the golden "fleur de lysee" (the lirium, symbol of the Borbon House ) detail sewn in the sleeves and train is absolutely gorgeous!!!
Crisinaki, Would it be possible to obtain a picture of this gorgeous Gown? Or have I missed it somewhere?
I would love to see it...... Regards,

Angelique

Old 10-19-2008, 08:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSY View Post
I've never noticed this thread before!
I loved seeing the older dresses from the 1800's. I know Victoria started the trend of wearing "virgin" white down the aisle, but does anyone know who started the royal tradition of wearing a tiara?
I agree, Mary's dress looks better on display than it did on her. I think she wore a tulle "petticoat" underneath that was way too poofy.

Are there any close-ups of veils? Mathilde, Maxima, & Christina's to be exact.
Hi Sassy,
Like you, I love the older dresses of the 1800's too..... most of them are really Gorgeous and Sumptuous. The Ladies' court dresses of that time were really beautiful.....not to mention the Royal Gowns
I have some pictures of Court Dresses of the Victorian era somewhere and will post them here when I find them.

A

Old 06-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Two special shots of Máxima's gown at the exhibition "Valentino a Roma" (Museo Ara Pacis, in Rome):

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ess_detail.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ding_dress.jpg
Old 06-26-2009, 06:21 AM

Great pictures of Princess Maxima's gown. I'd love to see the royal wedding gowns in real life!
Old 12-09-2010, 01:59 PM
Nobility

From Livrustkammaren, Stockholm. Wedding dresses worn by Swedish queens Hedvig Elisabeth Charlotta, Silvia, Lovisa, Sofia Magdalena (and Gustav III) Josefina (and Oscar I) and Fredrika
Bröllop för kung och fosterland(Bas)
http://lrk.lsh.se/livrustkammaren/Re...la_drakter.jpg
http://lrk.lsh.se/livrustkammaren/Re...opsdrakter.jpg
http://webnews.textalk.com/strandare...och-fosterland (scroll down to watch pictures)
"Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body" (Ecclesiastes 12:12)
Old 12-09-2010, 02:04 PM
Nobility

And Queen Silvias dress: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_NsKysos_HM.../s400/dior.JPG at Waldermarsudde, Stockholm, exhibition called "White" 2009
http://svenskdam.se/files/2009/05/silviaklanning.jpg exhibition at the Royal Palace, Stockholm 2006 - "The Queens Gowns"
http://webnews.textalk.com/upload/ar...-Silvias_s.jpg exhibition at Livrustkammaren, Stockholm 2010 "Wedding for King and Country"
"Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body" (Ecclesiastes 12:12)
Old 05-02-2011, 12:26 PM
Majesty

i wonder if crown princess victorias dress will be on display in the near future
Old 05-18-2011, 04:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope Victorias will be on display too.Its one of my favorites of all time.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Victoria's wedding dress was one of the most unattractive wedding dresses I have seen.
Victoria of Sweeden's was nice though and she looked so beautiful and happy.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:53 PM
Commoner

Lovely

Wow, I had never seen photos of Queen Juliana's or Queen Ingrid's wedding gowns before, but I absolutely love them!

Queen Beatrix's dress was nice as well and I thought very appropriate for how her personality seems to be. I hadn'
t understood before now what ppl meant when they said that CP Maxima's gown was SO much like Queen Beatrix's that it made one wonder if it was really Maxima's own taste.
(former CP) Alexandra's wedding gown was lovely...except for that fact that the skirt had way too much pouf for her body frame. This dress would have faired much better with less pouf and more streamlined A-line style. She looked as though she was going to sink down any minute into the skirt! But I will say that I thought the train was a very good length for her.

Tags
exhibition, royal weddings, wedding dress