Royal Wedding Dresses on Display

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Märtha Louise's & Mette-Marit's wedding gowns on display at the palace.

www.eastnews.com.pl & Unknown Source

http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=norwegiapalac0148at.jpg
mmdress028cr.jpg

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/1892/norwegiapalac0187cq.jpg
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/1892/norwegiapalac0187cq.jpg
http://img283.imageshack.us/img283/8679/mmdress028cr.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by jun5@Nov 30th, 2003 - 1:59 am
//photobank.mainichi.co.jp/

Princess Diana's wedding dress on display in Japan, 2002.

Princess Diana's dress etc. was exhibited in the Takashimaya department store, Japan in 2002. It was the first exhibition that her wedding dress was exhibited in countries except for Britain. The number of exhibits was about 100.
i didnt know that borrowed Diana's famous wedding dresses to Japan! and many people in Britain never knew that Diana's famous wedding dresses bring to Japan for show!

her wedding dresses belong to Britain her brother who owner the museum have permission for borrowed of his sister's famous wedding dresses.

Sara Boyce

For the British wedding dresses, are the tiaras on the wax figures real? If they aren't real, I must say they are very well-made!!

Also are the sashes and orders real?

I saw the dresses at Kensington Palace in June 2002. You can see the change in styles from Victoria to the current queens dress. Victoria and Alexandra 's dresses look rather plain compared to the others. HM Queen Elizabeth's dress is stunning with all the embroidering. It was a pleasure to see them up close and they all looked to be in wonderful condition.

I was wondering if there were any other photos of the wedding dresses being put on display from other sites. Because I can't see the photos Catherine Bergeyck, sara1981 posted. I couldn't see the ones of Princess Mary's dress either...and I would love to see them! Could anyone perhaps guide me to another site or show me how to see those photos?

Originally posted by chanel@Sep 19th, 2003 - 12:11 am
Here is one of my favorites, a sketch by Helen Rose of Grace's wedding gown.
wow the sketches are incredible... so beautiful, the artist captured them well

when my cousin Becky got married she wanted plans getting wedding at winter wedding like it more best than summer because its heat!

Sara Boyce

Last edited by a moderator:
what about Crown Princess Letizia's wedding dresses would shown?

Sara Boyce

Originally posted by sara1981@Jun 24th, 2004 - 10:29 pm
what about Crown Princess Letizia's wedding dresses would shown?

Sara Boyce
I'm not sure, but i belive that Aranjuez Palace has a room here royal wedding dresses are displayed. So, it's likely that Letizia wedding dress go there ;)

I've often thought that Bridal gowns sometimes seem to loose their luster when they are on display as well. I think the best example of this is Jackie Kennedy's bridal gown. It looked beautiful on her, but on display, I thought it was downright ugly! It reminded me of a lampshade.

But on the other hand, some gowns looked just as, if not more beautiful on display. I think that it might depend on how well it has been preserved and the type of material used.

Amazing thread!!!
I am amazed by all the pics and the hard work u guys have been doing to post the pics here! wow!
The sketches were amazing!

I like Queen Mary's dress, and it looks good on display - perhaps because it's a XIX century dress, made for an artificially shaped body.

I love this thread. I love to see the gowns when they are not worn by the ladies. You can view all the details and stuff.

Yes, I love this thread too. I like all the dresses, but I especially love the older ones like Princess Charlotte's and Queen Wilhelmina's. Very pretty. Thanks to everyone who has posted photos. :)

Diana, Princess of Wales' wedding dress is in the museum at Althorp.

Along with the dress is sketches of the dress, the shoes she wore, an umbrella (which to my knowledge she didn't use?), and the dresses of the two youngest bridesmaids.

what about Queen Slivia's wedding dress in display?

Sara Boyce

Nichola said:
Diana, Princess of Wales' wedding dress is in the museum at Althorp.

Along with the dress is sketches of the dress, the shoes she wore, an umbrella (which to my knowledge she didn't use?), and the dresses of the two youngest bridesmaids.

The items on display at Althorp are currently on tour. They are currently in Florida. I got to go today and see it. The dress, shoes and even the umbrella were on display along with the Spencer family tiara. (They say it is the actula tiara but I am not sure it is.)

Last edited:
are there any other photos of Princess Mary's wedding dress on display? i can't seem to view the ones that have already been posted.

Back
Top Bottom