Royal Wedding Cakes

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cut1me said:
they didnt cut deep into it, they just cut the icing, just over it
If they only wanted to cut the icing, Im sure they'd have cut either only at the top or at the bottom not both. Why go through the trouble of icing a "fake" cake when you can ice a real one. The cake's not the hard part, the icing is.
Anyway, you can choose to believe whatever you want.

www.polfoto.dk

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/867/ap321014guest4mx.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
~*~Humera~*~ said:
If they only wanted to cut the icing, Im sure they'd have cut either only at the top or at the bottom not both. Why go through the trouble of icing a "fake" cake when you can ice a real one. The cake's not the hard part, the icing is.
Anyway, you can choose to believe whatever you want.
humera, i watched the video of the wedding again, i rewinded the part where they cut the cake and if you see it they are barely touching the cake with the knife.
anyway that is how they do it in Jordan, the whole cake is fake except for the top tier, that is just how they do it.

king ronald's cake

i like the desige of their cake. its really pretty

To the people who were arguing that Hamzah and Noor's wedding cake could not possibly have been real, because it was so "smooth and didn't wiggle":

They more than likely used fondant icing on it. Fondant is not actually an icing, but a paste made of sugar [and it doesn't taste too good, IMO], and is incredibly smooth- in fact, it is not actually spread onto the cake, but "draped" over it, pressed and cut to fit.
I'm posting some pictures so you can see fondant in action.
Lollies!
-Kara-

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/8373/1cake9ij.jpg
http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/1884/2cake0pw.jpg

Fabulous cakes ... have to go with Edward & Sophies CHOCOLATE creation... yum!

i like that green cake with the flowers its so pretty/neat

is it tradition to have white cakes? you know like the bride can't show her shoulders. they all are white.

Wedding Cake of King Edward VII and Princess Alexandra of Great Britain (1863)

Isn't it beautiful!!! Its so ornate and detailed. That little opening of the door (so cute!!). The sideview of a lady in the center (in an oval) is actually the face of Princess Alexandra. Her first pic sent to England from Denmark (seen by Edward) was a side view just like that.

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/4264/cake4yi.jpg

Last edited:
thank you pdas,it's definitly very prettywhat about Charles and Camilla's wedding cake?didnt they have one?

pdas1201 said:
Wedding Cake of King Edward VII and Princess Alexandra of Great Britain (1863)

Isn't it beautiful!!! Its so ornate and detailed. That little opening of the door (so cute!!). The sideview of a lady in the center (in an oval) is actually the face of Princess Alexandra. Her first pic sent to England from Denmark (seen by Edward) was a side view just like that.

Wow, love that pic. I don't think I've ever seen very many detailed photos of older weddings they all seem to be the same. This one's a pleasant surprise.

Thank you pdas for the photo. That is a very beautiful cake. I find it sad to think of the time and effort that has gone into creating such a wonderful display, for it to only end up eaten, or shoved in people's faces.

Princess Louise (sixth child of Queen Victoria) and John Campbell 'Lorne', Marquis of Lorne, 1871

The cake was made by Queen Victoria's chief confectioner at Windsor Castle, it measured 5 feet, 4 inches high with a diameter of 2 feet, 6 inches. The base was decorated with white satin, bearing coats of arms, the initials, "L.L" entwined with blue, wreaths of orange-blossom and small vases containing the same flowers. All the figures and ornaments were of sugar.

www.ilng.co.uk/ILNG

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/4872/714671176360kx.jpg

Last edited:
I liked Princee Badiya, Princess Mette-Marit, Princess Diana and Princess Martha-Louises wedding kakes!

cakes

From what I understand some brides save money by having one layer in the cake to cut and share with the groom. In the back there are sheet cakes that are served to guests. The other cake is for pictures and show

Does anyone have a picture of Crown Prince Haakon's wedding cake?

I saw a picture recently and it was gorgeous -- with delicate dragons supporting each layer of the cake. The dragons looked as if they might have been been made out of wood and then jigsawed into a lacy pattern (I'm not sure what they were really made of). Hard to explain.

iowabelle said:
Does anyone have a picture of Crown Prince Haakon's wedding cake?

I saw a picture recently and it was gorgeous -- with delicate dragons supporting each layer of the cake. The dragons looked as if they might have been been made out of wood and then jigsawed into a lacy pattern (I'm not sure what they were really made of). Hard to explain.

Check the first page

This thread has been completely converted to an ImageShack account now so that no images have been directly attached to the forum in an effort to conserve bandwidth.

It would be greatly appreciated if any newly-discovered images from this point forward would be hosted via a private image hosting account such as
Photobucket or Imageshack.

Please also review the images already posted and not re-post the exact same images over and over.

Please note that images which are attached directly to the forum are subject to removal by an Administrator or SuperModerator without notice to the member.

Thank you for your co-operation on this matter so that we can all continue to enjoy images of our favourite royals.

The TRF Team

Here is a better picture of Crown Prince Haakon and Mette-Marits Wedding cake
The dragons on the side was made of white chocolate were inspired by one of the Viking ships that is in a museum in Oslo. The cake was a gift from Norwegian cake makers (konditorier) Its a traditional english wedding cacke with spiced bottom filled with rasins, fruits and berries

The Cake from Guri Dahl and one of the dragon heads that are in the Viking musum in Oslo from iwanowich.dk

King Harald and Sonjas wedding cake (from VG.no)
997819850.jpg

http://img44.imageshack.us/full.php?image=weddingmm32yy.jpg
http://img44.imageshack.us/full.php?image=img10974fj.jpg

Is there a picture of Prince Claus and Princess Beatrix's cake? I've never seen a single photo from the reception, so I don't know if they allowed the press to see anything.... ???

Thank you, Larzen. If I ever get married, I'll have to keep in mind having a dragon cake!

hi! i'm from d philippines. the royal cakes seems to have no match to the wedding cakes of our celebrity here! cakes here were 8to 10 feet high and were always design with precious stones. i'll post some pics later after my final examinayions to give you some samples.....promise!

Back
Top Bottom