Royal Wedding Cakes

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The cake of Clothilde and Filiberto looks like it has spinache on the top.

Does anyone have a picture of Queen Siliva's and King Carl Gustaf's cake?

pdas1201 said:
Prince Emanuele Filiberto and Clotilde Courau

September 25, 2003

Sorry just got Thumbnails..:(
Was Clotilde Courau pregnant in that photo? or....i have eye probelms?!

bigheadshirmp said:
Was Clotilde Courau pregnant in that photo? or....i have eye probelms?!
She was six months pregnant at the time of her wedding.

pdas1201 said:
Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz
The Prince of Asturias cake consists of a base of almond sponge under several colourful layers – a passion fruit crème, raspberry sauce and rice pudding mousse – symbolising the Spanish national flag.
Thanks, Pdas! I never happened to see any photo of their wedding cake and I was rather curious about it! :)
Is it me, or the cake was... small... considering so many guests attended the reception?
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=60470

Wedding Cakes

Felipe and Letizia's cake blew me away! That was truly a very unique cake. I like Edward and Sophie's wedding cake.

Clotilde's cake really does look like it's covered in spinach. Well, she was eating for two and spinach is healthy for mother's-to-be:)

semisquare said:
has there ever been a cake to fall over at a wedding......9' and weighing 300 lbs..pretty heavy.
another subject. the cake i like best charles & diana's cake.. very pretty
kilos please?

i like prince felipe and princess letizia's cake coz not only does it look good to the eye but probably also to the palette. reminds me of cakes that i see in pastry competitions on tv. the other cakes like queen elizabeth II and prince philip's cake look too delicate to eat. at these royal weddings, do they actually cut the cake after the groom and bride cuts the first slice, or is it that they serve smaller versions of the cake to their guests?

cute_girl said:
norwegian princess martha louise's wedding cake
Thank you very much for the beautiful pic, cute_girl.

Martha Louise and Ari Behn's cake was indeed very beautiful. I especially like the bows on the cake. I see that the cake was four-tiered but not attached...

Last edited:
ur welcome,all the royal cakes i saw looked beautifull and tasty but none seemed to be enough to serve thousands of guest:confused:

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor
lol did anyone notice that their cake wasn't real
(or is it just me ??)
my mum told me that their cake was outside all the time(as i didn't watch the whole wedding,just some of the re-runs) ...so it must be a fake one.

T-R-O-U-B-L-E said:
(or is it just me ??)
my mum told me that their cake was outside all the time(as i didn't watch the whole wedding,just some of the re-runs) ...so it must be a fake one.
fake????????????????????????????how possible?and why?

cute_girl said:
fake????????????????????????????how possible?and why?
lol cuz it stood there forever!though it rained for a bit,and we cud still see it standing like a rock!LOL...Might be wrong though,but nowadays people do such a thing in their weddings,but the guests still get to eat from the "Real"wedding cake,lol. As if the cake is a part of the decoration.

PLease anyone correct me if I am wrong,cuz I am not sure.

trouble,I think u're right,i later checked the pictures of the cake carefully and noticed that it's surface was so smooth and stood so still that couldnt possibly be real,I wonder why they used a fake cake!!!

Last edited:
T-R-O-U-B-L-E said:
(or is it just me ??)
trouble i heard from a friend who lives in Jordan that most of the cakes they use in weddings are fake. only the top tier is real, they would have a real cake at the back that they would cut for guests

T-R-O-U-B-L-E said:
(or is it just me ??)
It wasn't fake..I watched them cut it in the tv footage.

cute_girl said:
trouble,I think u're right,i later checked the pictures of the cake carefully and noticed that it's surface was so smooth and stood so still that couldnt possibly be real,I wonder why they used a fake cake!!!
all wedding cakes are like that. They have a smooth finish and are supposed to stand still..not jiggle like jello.
Look at all the other pictures, they're all the same.

Last edited:
cut1me said:
trouble i heard from a friend who lives in Jordan that most of the cakes they use in weddings are fake. only the top tier is real, they would have a real cake at the back that they would cut for guests
yes whoever told u that is right. and Humera It was fake...:D

I thought the cake looked rather ostentatious.

It looks less like a wedding cake and more like a fountain one would put in their garden.

T-R-O-U-B-L-E said:
yes whoever told u that is right. and Humera It was fake...:D
I dont think so.
I saw the wedding footage live. I saw them cut the cake.
Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor walked up to the platform outside where the cake was, then they both cut it with a sword.

Last edited by a moderator:
~*~Humera~*~ said:
I dont think so.
I saw the wedding footage live. I saw them cut the cake.
Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor walked up to the platform outside where the cake was, then they both cut it with a sword.
they didnt cut deep into it, they just cut the icing, just over it

Back
Top Bottom