Royal Wedding Cakes

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Charlene and Albert's cake was too much.

Prince Edward and Sophie Rhys-Jones

June 19, 1999

The gothic styled six tiered care stood seven foot high and was piped in Royal icing and had over 500 hand-made sugar flowers.

www.davidcakes.co.uk

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/4823/sophieandedward5ev.jpg

I thought this was Edward and Sophie's wedding cake...It was topped with tennis rackets to tribute to how they met.

Reference: here.

I really liked William and Catherine's wedding cake, and Victoria and Daniel's but I wasn't enamoured by Charlene and Albert's. Wedding cakes are a hard decision though, and I often think a terrible waste. Are they even ate? From the bits on TV recently about William and Catherine's cake, it's been put on display...to never be ate? Only certain tiers of it were ate...Isn't that a waste?

Last edited:
Molly2101 said:
I thought this was Edward and Sophie's wedding cake...It was topped with tennis rackets to tribute to how they met.

Reference: here.

I like both cakes...but I like the taller, dark one more!. Very original for a wedding cake! Bet they are both yummy!!

I like both cakes...but I like the taller, dark one more!. Very original for a wedding cake! Bet they are both yummy!!

They both do look lovely, but now I am just confused as to which was their actual cake, hah?

They both do look lovely, but now I am just confused as to which was their actual cake, hah?

I think the wedding cake was the white one :), from some pictures that I have seen ;)

King Abdullah and Queen Rania's cakes were very different the first one had square-shaped tiers and the second appear to be heart-shaped, nothing like Rashid and Zeina's cake: Picture

So there are differences. The small columns supporting the cake are the ones similar. Thanks for sharing! :flowers:

The Wedding Cake of Prince Rashid and Princess Zeina has a striking resemblance to the Wedding Cakes of the King and Queen of Jordan, and also of Prince Hassan and Princess Sarvath! How surprising! :D
We have never seen the wedding cake of Prince Hassan and princess Sarvath.

Are the pictures of the wedding cakes of Prince Hassan and Princess Sarvath rare? A friend told me that Prince Rashid and Princess Zeina's wedding cake also looked like theirs (Prince Hassan and Princess Sarvath).

I have to admit, I haven't really seen a picture of Prince Hassan and Princess Sarvath's wedding cake. Only King Abdullah and Queen Rania's.

There were no pictures taken inside the reception of Zara & Mike's wedding.

My number one is Queen Elizabeth´s one, and I like Duchess Catherine and Princess Noor´s cakes too

my absolutely favourite out there must be Dutchess Catherine one!!! i want that one for my wedding too

my absolutely favourite out there must be Dutchess Catherine one!!! i want that one for my wedding too
I agree! Whilst there are many lovely looking wedding cakes from royal weddings this one is my favourite--it is romantic yet modern.

IloveCP said:
I love Guillaume and Stephanie's wedding cake!

My initial though was that it is very similar in style to the Cambridges' cake, especially the lower layers. No judgement, just what I first thought.

Good heavens, what a gorgeous cake Guillaume and Stephanie had...eight tiers! :ohmy:

Is that some kind of new record??

It's beautiful, and it's my favorite along with William and Kate's. :whistling:

My initial though was that it is very similar in style to the Cambridges' cake, especially the lower layers. No judgement, just what I first thought.

Thats exactly what i thought of the lower tiers is the same - and i love the design of both of these cakes

My favorite is William and Catherine's cake! Guillaume and Stephanie's cake is also fantastic!

I agree with you! Both cakes are very similar

My favourite is William and Catherine´s wedding cake! Simply masterpiece!

Back
Top Bottom