The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-28-2008, 04:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
It looks to me like a hat or simply a base for the ribbons. What is the Argentinean tradition with the ribbons? This is the first time that I have seen this. It looks really pretty, but does it symbolize something?
normally the weddings cakes have ribbons and at the end of each ribbon is souvenirs, little ones, actually made in plastic but one has a wedding ring, made in plastic too , except you have too much money like maradona did and put a diamond ring! and all the girls in the wedding that are not married pull from the ring and the one who gets the rings it suppose to be the next one to married! just a nice tradition!!!! i got the ring many time but it took me time to get married!

Old 10-28-2008, 11:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
normally the weddings cakes have ribbons and at the end of each ribbon is souvenirs, little ones, actually made in plastic but one has a wedding ring, made in plastic too , except you have too much money like maradona did and put a diamond ring! and all the girls in the wedding that are not married pull from the ring and the one who gets the rings it suppose to be the next one to married! just a nice tradition!!!! i got the ring many time but it took me time to get married!
Thank you, Ashelen! I like the sound of this tradition. It sounds very nice to me. It is similar to the bouquet tradition that we have in the US. The bride throws her bouquet to a crowd of unmarried women. Whomever catches the bouquet is supposed to be the next one to get married. I wonder if any royal brides have done this? Somehow, I doubt it. I really like the fact that Maxima incorporated the ribbon tradition into her cake. I wonder if the unmarried women attending her wedding pulled the ribbons?

Old 10-29-2008, 01:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Thank you, Ashelen! I like the sound of this tradition. It sounds very nice to me. It is similar to the bouquet tradition that we have in the US. The bride throws her bouquet to a crowd of unmarried women. Whomever catches the bouquet is supposed to be the next one to get married. I wonder if any royal brides have done this? Somehow, I doubt it. I really like the fact that Maxima incorporated the ribbon tradition into her cake. I wonder if the unmarried women attending her wedding pulled the ribbons?
I wonder the same, and i am not sure they did becasue she is cutting the cake and normaly you pull the ribbons before to cut the cake, still it does not make sense to me the flat top of the cake, i wonder if it was something there and tooke it out!? the tradtion with the bouquet is the sme in argentina too but now you normally have another bouquet for that, it normally gets a little bit destrys all the single girls trying to get it! it is nother tradition too , "the garter" and i wonder if she did it too! it is very funny! i wonder what tradition are in holland for weddings?
Old 10-29-2008, 12:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Ashelen, your point about the flat top of the cake makes sense. I wonder if there was a cake topper that was removed. It does look like a pedestal. Perhaps someone has another photo of the cake when it was first displayed?
Old 10-29-2008, 02:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Ashelen, your point about the flat top of the cake makes sense. I wonder if there was a cake topper that was removed. It does look like a pedestal. Perhaps someone has another photo of the cake when it was first displayed?
yes, i would like to see more photos of the cake, before the cutting of the cake in argentina and before to pull the ribbons normalyy the the groom parents and the brides parents have a photo together, so sad really her parens whee not at the wedding she does not have any photo with them!
Old 11-21-2008, 04:59 PM
Heir Apparent

My favourite is Martha Louise's cake!
Old 05-05-2009, 07:30 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Wedding cake of the Duke and Duchess of Vendome:

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/2082/107303.jpg
(Sipa Press)
Old 05-05-2009, 08:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Grace of Monaco´s wedding cake.Look at the cathedral ,palace and angels in miniature.Lovely:
http://i43.tinypic.com/2jc682o.jpg
Old 05-05-2009, 12:08 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M. View Post

(Sipa Press)
It looks like a tower of macaroons.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:52 AM
Commoner

They look like mallomars! Amazing!
Old 05-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUBIAUR View Post
Princess Grace of Monaco´s wedding cake.Look at the cathedral ,palace and angels in miniature.Lovely:
http://i43.tinypic.com/2jc682o.jpg
I don´t know how was the taste of the cake, but her appearance is fantastic. It´s really beautiful!

Old 07-24-2009, 01:47 PM
Nobility

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M. View Post

(Sipa Press)
My goodness,that looks really impressive. Most of the wedding cakes I've seen on here look fantastic!
Old 07-30-2009, 10:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Helvin View Post
My goodness,that looks really impressive. Most of the wedding cakes I've seen on here look fantastic!
Have mercy! Whose going to eat all that cake. Seems like kind of a waste to me. But absolutely beautiful.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:31 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
Have mercy! Whose going to eat all that cake. Seems like kind of a waste to me. But absolutely beautiful.
*laughs*

Seriously, I know what you mean. Mind you, I'd imagine the couple would have a lot of guests to feed and pieces of the cake would go to charities, as was the case with the Queen Mother's wedding cake and possibly other royal wedding cakes.

The top tier of The Queen's wedding cake was re-iced for Prince Charles's christening.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Royal Wedding Cakes

Has anyone seen this blog? It has cakes from the weddings of Princess Victoria and CP Frederick William of Prussian all the way to Duke and Duchess of Vendome..

Clara’s Designer Cakes
Old 01-27-2010, 09:11 PM
Courtier

Wow!!
What enormous cakes!!!

Most of it didn't seem edible actually. Especially with the older ones.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

thank you so much for sharing , i love to seel the photos, the only thing i did not like it is the bride and the groom on the top of the cake of Mary and Frederik, i think it is bad taste, but yust my opinion! the rest i love all of them!
Old 02-16-2010, 10:42 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
I live in France (near paris) and i Saw just this WeekEnd the same style of Cake quite as tall by a windows shop, I found it original as a party or Wedding cake but when i Get near ....i constat that it wasn't a cake
it was just a very big Support for the Macarons (small colored round cakes up) , under the macarons it is just a plastic support which give the apparence of a very big cake....
Old 02-16-2010, 05:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by emers View Post
I think I finally found a delicate wedding cake! Ufff!!

Don't get me wrong! I'm just a bit hard to please, since I always thought wedding cakes are true nightmares - see those monstrosities, like the Duke's and Duchess' of Vendome or K.Abdullah's and Q.Rania's, for example.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:32 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by emers View Post
Beautiful cake, but I will always love Mary and Frederiks.

Tags
royal weddings, wedding cake