The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-11-2007, 08:56 PM
Nobility

My favorites are Norwegian Princess Martha Louise's and Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor's. Elegant but not over done! For my own wedding cake I originally wanted a design like Princess Martha's with the individual cakes. It ended up with four individual ones with real flowers on top, but not in the same arrangement.

Old 11-16-2007, 12:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh my god, this thread is making me hungry. I would like to try a piece of cake of each wedding cake.

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:48 AM

McVities have made a "wedding cake" for HM's diamond wedding anniversary and it was eated yesterday after the service when a private Luncehon was held.

God Save The Queen!

Old 11-20-2007, 09:19 AM
Aristocracy

I noticed many of the cakes have bride and groom toppers, and some are really well done. The dancing couple and the couple sitting on the side of the cake were unique. Not so many couples choose to put the couples on top of their cakes any more.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:44 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdas1201 View Post
Thank you very much for the beautiful pic, cute_girl.

Martha Louise and Ari Behn's cake was indeed very beautiful. I especially like the bows on the cake. I see that the cake was four-tiered but not attached...
IMO, their cake is the best looking that I've seen.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:30 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen View Post
Here is a better picture of Crown Prince Haakon and Mette-Marits Wedding cake
The dragons on the side was made of white chocolate were inspired by one of the Viking ships that is in a museum in Oslo. The cake was a gift from Norwegian cake makers (konditorier) Its a traditional english wedding cacke with spiced bottom filled with rasins, fruits and berries
It was a beautiful cake. And it also made me think of the ornamentation on some of the old stave churches.

http://www.noorsonline.nl/Fantoft%20stavkirke.jpg
If good renown one gets
Old 04-15-2008, 01:53 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

You're right about the stave churches, Valhalla.

I wonder if I EVER get married, if I could find a cake maker to make me a similar (but smaller cake) with dragons. (I'd have to work a Norwegian theme in somehow!)
Old 06-01-2008, 01:28 AM
Heir Apparent

I've never really seen a close up shot of Charles and Diana's cake but I was wondering is this description of the cake accurate? I found it online. The ornamental "c" and "d" is what I can't see in the pictures but I'm thinking it's cause all the pics of the cake I've seen aren't close up shots.

Quote:
five-tiered wedding cake adorned with emblems from his Naval days, sugar doves, and topped with a garden of confectionary roses, lilies of the valley, fuchsias and orchids accenting an ornamental "C" and "D."
Old 06-05-2008, 01:31 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhapsodyBrat View Post
i read somewhere that a rather funny thing happened to them while cutting the cake. They had trouble cutting through it because as it turns out, the bottom layer was just cardboard and nobody had told them.

I always liked her. I have read her autobiography, which was very interesting! She wrote in the book, regarding her wedding, that King Hussein actually wanted a much fancier wedding, whereas she wanted a much more simplistic day. Thanks for the photo of the wedding cake!
Old 10-28-2008, 06:37 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

The wedding cake of the Duke of Anjou and the Duchess of Cadaval:

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/5...0007uk8us8.jpg
http://www.ducdanjou.com/CC_scripts/...eu&haut=milieu

It was made by the chef of the Hotel Palácio Estoril and its marsipan glace reproduced the coat of arms of both families: Orléans and Cadaval.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:57 AM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

There are a few Royal wedding cakes in the thread that no longer work. Can someone post replacement photos? In particular for Princess Martha Louise?

Also, The "cake" scandal from Jordan is mentioned in Queen Noor's book. She said that she and the King were astonished to discover that the whole cake wasn't real when they cut into it!
Old 10-28-2008, 08:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M. View Post
Wedding cake of D. Duarte and D.ª Isabel (the Dukes of Bragança)

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/512/scan00066sn.jpg
I can´t remember the exact recipe but it was made of something fantastic like 700 eggs, I remember the broadcaster joking and saying there was a more economical recipe using only 350 eggs. Perhaps you have the details Elsa...
Old 10-28-2008, 09:37 AM
Aristocracy

very hungry

looking at all the pictures, i really felt hungry. anywayz, i like the wedding cake of martha louise and ari behn...so elegant and nice. I saw in an episode of Oprah that CP Pavlos and Marie Chantal's cake is adorned with real gold! Imagine for a wedding cake.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:56 AM

http://www.plaatjesupload.nl/bekijk/...201930-760.jpg

http://www.plaatjesupload.nl/bekijk/...201930-771.jpg

Here is the weddingcake of Martha Louise and Ari Behn
Old 10-28-2008, 11:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Martha Louise's cake was gorgeous. I love the color of the bows on the side. Very pretty.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
Haha! What's W-A doing? Murdering the cake?
And Máxima? Trying to stop him? :p
Great picture!
i love the picture, i see their initials on the cake, the ribbons, argentinean tradtion but what was on top of the cake?
Old 10-28-2008, 12:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
i love the picture, i see their initials on the cake, the ribbons, argentinean tradtion but what was on top of the cake?
It looks to me like a hat or simply a base for the ribbons. What is the Argentinean tradition with the ribbons? This is the first time that I have seen this. It looks really pretty, but does it symbolize something?
Old 10-28-2008, 12:35 PM
Royal Highness

Gorgeous cakes and now I am truly hungry. Didn´t like the one of Felipe and Leticia, though.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M. View Post
The wedding cake of the Duke of Anjou and the Duchess of Cadaval:

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/5...0007uk8us8.jpg
http://www.ducdanjou.com/CC_scripts/...eu&haut=milieu

It was made by the chef of the Hotel Palácio Estoril and its marsipan glace reproduced the coat of arms of both families: Orléans and Cadaval.
I wish that there had been some color - flowers or something - incorporated into the decoration of this cake -
It seems too stark and too white to me -
Old 10-28-2008, 03:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think Martha Louise's is my absolute favourite

Tags
royal weddings, wedding cake