The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-31-2008, 02:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Ok. we know something about meaning of the wedding bouquets of few ladies I mean Letizia, Mary or Margriet but what about the other ladies? I mean does the flowers on their wed bouquets mean something f.ex. country?

Pss Marie and Dss Diana had small bouquets so does that mean the new fashion on royal wedding bouquest or are they only exceptions?

Old 01-04-2009, 09:44 AM
Commoner

All theese bouquet are very elegant and beautifull but I absolutely prefer :

Crown Princess of Denmark

Clothilde

Claire

Anita

Old 01-12-2009, 09:04 AM
Gentry

I prefer the next bouquet's:
-Lady Sarah Chatto, it really suited the dress and I do like romantic flowers (although i usually like colored bouquets more than all white ones. I also liked the bouquets of the bridemaids (has anyone got pictures of those).
-Marilene. I was a bigger bouquet and it suited her. She is tall and it has some colour in it.
-I also like Mette-Marits bouquet, I like the colours and it suited the dress.

I did not like Mary bouquet it looked like a colliflower (is that how you call a bloemkool in English?)
I like bigger bouquets but I thought that princess Annette made a mistake (or did her husband, as in Holland the groom decides on the bouquet) It was to big for her She was out of balance.

I myself had peonies in my bouquet I just love those flowers
Was there a royal person who had a bouquet of only peonies, I thought i had read that but I can't remember where.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:51 AM
Royal Highness

I think flowers are one of the main items that make a wedding so special. Brides shouldn't always feel compelled to have white or cream roses/lilies they should choose their favourite flowers and and colours and try and have seasonal flowers. Abit of Irish shamrock or heather or even myrtle in a bouquet will give you luck! Or just go into the garden on your special day and pick a nice bunch of your own flowers and tie with a ribbon is a romantic and simple gesture. My favourite bouquets are (in no particular order): -

Princess Anne - second wedding - just a simple posy of heather was perfect for a Scottish wedding

Princess Clothilde - a really lovely simple bouquet which would have been perfect for a country wedding

CP Mette Marit - just such an unusual design - very innovative and Norwegian

CP Mary - although the middle did look rather like a colliflower (roses bunched up so tight are too designer and could bruise) the use of eucalyptus was a wonderful idea and the sent would have been amazing.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:40 AM

i love Princess Claire's bouquet. can anybody tell me what flowers are those? i like the cascading part, not modern but i think its very pretty and feminine.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:51 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative Jordan

Brunei

Princess Majeedah Nurul Bulqiah
Imageshack - bruneii.jpg

Princess Sarah
Imageshack - brunei7.jpg
Old 07-28-2010, 02:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jennifer View Post
I really like Clothilde's bouquet. Its a beautiful color.
I'm also a big big big fan of Lady Davina Windsor's bouquet. I don't know why I am but its so pretty & such a vibrant color.

I love when brides carry colorful flowers versus having an all white bouquet. All white seems to blend too much into the bridal dress & seems to get lost.
I agree- While I do not like dramatic colour (no red roses please!), I love these bouquets. The colours are fresh and romantic and these bouquets really suit the style of these brides. Davina Windsor's gown and wedding was quite informal and the flowers fit this really well. Likewise- Clothilde's wedding was more romantic and her flowers also fit really well.

I prefer the bouquets (Princess Anita, Princess Mette-Marit, Lady Sarah Chatto, Princess Alexandra of Denmark, Princess Laurentien) that have some colour and contrast and do not simply blend in with the wedding gown. I think the best bouquets are ones that are in scale with the height of the bride, do not compete with the detail on the gown and somehow, are personally meaningful for the bride (and contain her favourite flower or favourite colour).
Old 11-21-2010, 03:26 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative Jordan

Lady Sarah & Annemarie*Sarah Al Faisal
Old 12-28-2010, 02:25 AM
Gentry

I personally loved Victoria of Sweden's wedding bouquet.

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/386/flowera.jpg
Old 01-07-2011, 03:04 AM
Courtier

Victoria's bouquet was gorgeous. It was the right size without being overpowering. The flowers in it were the perfect size and combination. Definately one of my favorites!
Old 01-07-2011, 02:18 PM
Serene Highness

My favorite: Anne-Marie of Denmark, Queen of Greece. So simple and natural. Love all lily-of-the-valley and love single-flower bouquets.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:47 AM
Nobility

I love Diana's bouquet. Sarah, Duchess of York's S-shaped bouquet was a lovely idea too.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:08 AM
Majesty

Victoria was a bit blend, Mette-marit gets extra points for something different but in the end it did not work imo

scroll down to see victorias bouquet
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...-Westling.html
Old 04-27-2011, 10:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by azile View Post
Marie Chantal of Greece

(I thought this bouquet was a little small and un-interesting, compared to the rest of this splashy wedding)

Eliza
The reason for the small bouquet could be that Marie-Chantal is of small stature and if her bouquet was any bigger, she might have tipped over..just kidding! Seriously, a larger bouquet would have been overpowering because she is so tiny. Maybe she should have had a cascade rather than a bouquet.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrant View Post
The reason for the small bouquet could be that Marie-Chantal is of small stature and if her bouquet was any bigger, she might have tipped over..just kidding! Seriously, a larger bouquet would have been overpowering because she is so tiny. Maybe she should have had a cascade rather than a bouquet.
Very true, but she should have also thought of that when it came to the dress and veil
Old 05-02-2011, 12:48 PM
Majesty

here is kates Wedding bouquet;
Old 05-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

I was surprised how small her bouquet was. It's very simple...almost too simple. I would've loved to see a little more effort put into it.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

It looked like she found it at a grave site. Sorry. It wasn't a bouquet.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:25 PM
Aristocracy

I liked Catherine's bouquet. But then I am not a fan of huge bouquets with all kinds of stuff trailing from it. Plus I loved all the meaning that went into the flower choice, clearly she put a lot of thought into her flower choicde. To me this bouquet looked Victorian (does this qualify as a tussy-mussy?) in it's compactness and no doubt it didn't weigh a ton like so many other wedding bouquets in this list must have. And for that reason at least I say good job to the newest Duchess.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:30 PM
Heir Apparent

I loved Victorias and Marys.I hated Mette Marit and Kates.I thought Kates was too small.

Tags
bouquets, bride, flowers, royal weddings