Royal Honeymoons

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
truth said:
I don't understand why someone open a new thread about the royal honeymoon when someone else started it earlier.
Yes, such a thread did exist already and I have merged the two threads together.

Sometimes mistakes happen or people forget or don't realize that there already exists a similar thread.

It's easy enough to rectify. :)

Alexandria

It would be nice if we continue this thread what nilah started .

King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia the US and Greek Islands

hilal said:
King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia the US and Greek Islands

their honeymoon started with a cruise on the Egean Sea in Greece and ended in London

nilah said:
Edward and Sophie: Scotland

Edward and Sophie are boring aren't they.
Its not like they'v never been to Scotland before!!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Hashim of Jordan and Fahdah Mohammed Abu Neyan: Peru and Chile

Do you know anything about honeymoons of Infanta Elena and Cristina? I have never heared anything about that.

Does anyone know where Pavlos and MC went for a honeymoon as well as Constantine and Anna-Maria.
Thanks in advance

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Do you know anything about honeymoons of Infanta Elena and Cristina? I have never heared anything about that.

I heard that the infanta Elena and Jaime de Marichalar went to Australia.

Maxima and WA also went to New Zealand and stayed at Huka Lodge, where coinsidently Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh were staying as well :)

LaChicaMadrilena said:
From what I remember, Cristina and Iñaki didn't exactly have a honeymoon, because he had to play a few days after the ceremony. Elena and Jaime went to beach place... I belive m12 is right about Australia... there's a papparazi, who took some photos of them.

Caroline and Stephano went to Venice.

I think Sonja and Harald were in Rio...
I'm not sure.
Does anyone know?

Where did Crown Prince Narahuto & Crown Princess Masako of Japan go on their honeymoon?

When Grand Duke Henri and Maria Teresa were married where did they go for their honeymoon?

Maxima and WA also went to New Zealand and stayed at Huka Lodge, where coinsidently Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh were staying as well :)

Wow - I didnt know that! They chose a great place!

You've got me curious now, Marengo. So I looked it up, and as I suspected there have also been many other royal visitors (the webpage also lists many celbrities - if you're interested, click the link bellow):

H.M. Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands
H.R.H. Prince Willem-Alexander, Crown Prince of the Netherlands
H.M. Queen Elizabeth II
H.R.H. The Duke of Edinburgh
H.R.H. The Prince Edward
H.R.H. Katherine The Duchess of Kent
Lord Lichfield
Prince Guillaume de Luxembourg
Princess Sibilla de Luxembourg
H.R.H. King Albert of Belgium
Prince & Duke Pierre d'Arenberg
Princess Silvia d'Arenberg
Lady Henrietta Spencer Churchill
H.R.H. Sultan Mahmud Ismail Terengganu
H.R.H The Sultan of Selangor
The Rt Hon Dat Seri Dr Mahathir Mohamad

From hukalodge.com

So they made a great choice for their honeymoon! (although I note that it does not list MAxima?????)

Last edited by a moderator:
King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia went on a trip around the world on their honeymoon.
King Constantine and Queen Anna Maria went to Spetsopoula the private island of Niarchos on the Aegean sea.

Glistening Seas

:ohmy:does anyone know where Pss Grace and Ranier went on their honeymoon or Stephanie or Caroline on theirs as well as some of the other royal houses as well. :angel:

:ohmy:does anyone know where Pss Grace and Ranier went on their honeymoon or Stephanie or Caroline on theirs as well as some of the other royal houses as well. :angel:

Rainier and Grace went near Puerto Pollensa on the island of Mallorca off the coast of Spain for their honeymoon, they were cruising around the Mediterranean aboard Prince Rainier's yacht, Deo Juvante II. This honeymoon was similar to Charles and Diana's who cruised as well in the Mediterranean.
Caroline spent her honeymoon with Philippe Junot in the Polynesian Islands. As for Stephanie, I have no idea.

Camilla & Charles went to the Highlands I believe.
Charles and Diana started in Hampshire, and took a tour on Britannia then up to Balmoral for time with the family.
Mary & Frederik went to Africa I believe.

If i'm not mistaken, on her first wedding P. Caroline and Junot went to Tahiti:flowers: then, on her second one, she and Stefano Casiraghi honeymooned in St-Moritz,:heartflower: as to her third, i don't even recall of she and P. Ernst having an honeymoon... :doh:

Margrethe and Henrik: Turkey
Constantine and Anne-Marie: Greek islands
Harald and Sonja: Mexico?

Filipe and Letizia: Spain
Joachim and Marie: Canada (if i'm not mistaken)

Mette-Marit and Hakoon: New York I think.

Carl-Gustaw & Silvia: Hawaii

Back
Top Bottom