Royal Bridesmaids

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the most beautiful bridesmaids are those of Diana and Charles´s wedding.They seem to come from a fairy tale,with the flowers in their heads ...:flowers:

Among all the Modern, Rennaisance, National Costumes, Puff Balls, Cruel cutsy, and Children so sweet, adorable, and with enough sugar to rot rot your teeth. . . . one Wedding stands supreme. That of Lady Sarah Chatto (née Armstrong-Jones).

Her bridesmaids, Lady Frances Armstrong-Jones, Zara Phillips and Tara Noble. All in white and absolutely glorious. It shows a sweetness of nature and gentle self-confidence for a Bride to dress her teenaged attendants in clouds of white satin, silk and tulle.

This particular photo makes them all, the Bride and her Bridesmaids, look like a flock of gentle swans fluttering purposefully around. It is almost "otherworldly". Classy and classic. :flowers:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=109418

I don´t like this style of bridesmaids.It has a medieval touch:nonono:

I thought Sarah Chatto's wedding attendants were some of the best (although they are older than we see in most royal/semi-royal weddings). I liked the laced up dresses very much.

Lady Sarah's bridesmaids were lovely and it was a really elegant wedding and simple

Now that's how bridesmaids should look=elegant,simple,no horrid red velvet or pink frou frou.That just looks too much and detracts from the bride.

I've found a picture of one of CP Mary's bridesmaids - Amber Petty at BB's gallery

photo

we can see the dress without the jacket, really nice

I think Mary's bridesmaids looks good! I love the colour..it's the colour of a happy occasion - bright and sweet!! Anyway think it fit into the colour theme of the wedding - QM & almost all the guests in bright colours and the church was brightly decorated too.

Best and worst bridesmaids' and pages' outfits

What do you think is the best and worst outfit worn by bridesmaids and pages at a royal wedding and why?

Take the wedding of Mette-Marit in August 2001: the bridesmaids wore sleeveless dresses but these were spoiled by those silly little gloves. It was a summer wedding, not a winter one so the gloves were totally unnecessary.

I quite liked the outfits that the attendants at Edward and Sophie's wedding on 19 June 1999 wore, and I loved Princess Diana's bridesmaids' dresses.

Does anyone have working picture of the bridesmaids of Haakon and Mette Marit?

ISTR that the bridesmaids wore pink sleeveless dresses with those silly little white gloves. When I saw them, I thought, "Lengthen those gloves or get rid altogether. It's a summer wedding, not a winter one, and gloves are for keeping warm, not fashion."

Does anyone know who were Princess Caroline's bridesmaids when she first married Junot ( i mean apart from her sister Stéphanie )? And does anyone have pictures to share? Thanks! :curtsey: :curtsey: :curtsey:

I've noticed a lot of royal weddings have children in the wedding party. Usually it's supposed to be the bridesmaids, flower girl, and ring bearer. I would like to know why children are so apart of these royal weddings.

I've noticed a lot of royal weddings have children in the wedding party. Usually it's supposed to be the bridesmaids, flower girl, and ring bearer. I would like to know why children are so apart of these royal weddings.

I'm afraid I don't know why or when children started to form part of the bridal party, but I'm quite sure that bridesmaids do need to be older, in order to carry out their duties properly. When Prince Andrew married Sarah Ferguson, as sweet as the bridesmaids may well have looked, they were useless at arranging the bride's dress. On the two occassions (on entrance and at the exit) the bride's train needed adjusting as it was veering towards the side: in the first, the dress designer ran across the aisle to sort it out and in the second, Sarah had to ask a Westminster Abbey official to correct the problem. Both occassions should have been dealt with effortlessly by the bridesmaids had they been old enough to know or been told what to do.

I myself have the dubious pleasure of having my two young neices act as flower girls at my forthcoming civil partnership, though I have no idea exactly what I'm expecting them to do apart from look vaguely angelic! We have asked guests (most of whom have children) not to bring their kids because we'd end up with more children than adults!

I'm afraid I don't know why or when children started to form part of the bridal party, but I'm quite sure that bridesmaids do need to be older, in order to carry out their duties properly. When Prince Andrew married Sarah Ferguson, as sweet as the bridesmaids may well have looked, they were useless at arranging the bride's dress. On the two occassions (on entrance and at the exit) the bride's train needed adjusting as it was veering towards the side: in the first, the dress designer ran across the aisle to sort it out and in the second, Sarah had to ask a Westminster Abbey official to correct the problem. Both occassions should have been dealt with effortlessly by the bridesmaids had they been old enough to know or been told what to do.

I myself have the dubious pleasure of having my two young neices act as flower girls at my forthcoming civil partnership, though I have no idea exactly what I'm expecting them to do apart from look vaguely angelic! We have asked guests (most of whom have children) not to bring their kids because we'd end up with more children than adults!

LoL. If you ask me they're useless like that. They should just have a seat and watch the wedding like the rest of the guests. I agree, too many children at a wedding can become a bit annoying:).

Small children are cute at weddings, but I feel for them because they can get so bored at long ceremonies.

Small children are cute at weddings, but I feel for them because they can get so bored at long ceremonies.

I agree. One of my friends who had many young nieces and nephews arranged for the children to walk up the aisle and then they were led away through a side door to an adjacent room with sitters for most of her wedding Mass. They returned when the couple said their vows and led the group back down the aisle at the end of the wedding.

I think it depends on the country's tradition?
In Belgium it are always children (or I haven't been at a wedding with adult bridesmaids)

I think it depends on the country's tradition?
In Belgium it are always children (or I haven't been at a wedding with adult bridesmaids)
Yes, I haven't been at a wedding with adult bridesmaids either, only with young flowergirls/boys. :)

I really liked the little pageboys at Victoria's & Daniel's wedding.
Wasn't really fond of the girls though.

I really liked the little pageboys at Victoria's & Daniel's wedding.
Wasn't really fond of the girls though.

Why weren't you fond of the girls?

Back
Top Bottom