Royal Bridesmaids

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does some one know who are the bridesmaid/s of Alexandra, Maxima, Letizia, Mathilde (and other princess you know...). I just know about Mary's bridesmaids, they are her two sisters and her bestfriend.

galuhcandrakirana said:
Does some one know who are the bridesmaid/s of Alexandra, Maxima, Letizia, Mathilde
Letizia's bridesmaids were Ana Codorniu Álvarez de Toledo (daughter of the Marquess of Casa Loring) and Claudia González Ortiz (daughter of her aunt Henar).
The children were all Felipe and Letizia's nephews and nieces (Felipe and Vitoria de Marichalar, Juan, Pablo and Miguel Urdangarín and Carla Vigo), as well as the daughter of Princess Cristina de Borbón Dos-Sicilas, Vitoria.

Last edited:
Elsa M. said:
Letizia's bridesmaids were Ana Codorniu Álvarez de Toledo (daughter of the Marquess of Casa Loring) and Claudia González Ortiz (daughter of her aunt Henar).
The children were all Felipe and Letizia's nephews and nieces (Felipe and Vitoria de Marichalar, Juan, Pablo and Miguel Urdangarín and Carla Vigo), as well as the daughter of Princess Cristina de Borbón Dos-Sicilas, Vitoria.
Thanks for replying Elsa M, I hope we will have information about others princesses's bridesmaids (about who they are), I think it will be an interesting information of "Bridesmaids thread".

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the bridesmaids dresses that Lady Sarah's wedding had. The look like they were made from the same material that Lady Sarah's dress was made from. Their dresses are simple yet really elegant. (I guess I'm a fan of this whole wedding :D ).

azile1710 said:

I also like the bridesmaids dresses from Infanta Cristina's wedding. They are very pretty. Wonderful pictures.

Elsa M. said:
From the wedding of Infanta Cristina and Iñaki Urdangarin. These costumes were designed by Lorenzo Caprile and were inspired by the routes of Santiago de Compostela:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...chmentid=64563
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=183269

Does anyone know who the bridesmaids of Princess Anne Marie of Denmark (now Queen Anne Marie of Greece) wedding to King Constatine were? Was Princess Anne of Great Britain one of them?

What are your favorite and least favorite bridesmaid dresses from royal weddings?

I'd have to say Princess Letizia's adult bridesmaids were the worst. That's just cruel to make your best friend to look like a milkmaid. On the kids it was okay though.

The children's outfits at Prince Edward and Princess Sophie's wedding were bad too.

I thought Crown Princess Mary's bridesmaid(s?) looked great.

RubyPrincess168 said:
What are your favorite and least favorite bridesmaid dresses from royal weddings?

I'd have to say Princess Letizia's adult bridesmaids were the worst. That's just cruel to make your best friend to look like a milkmaid. On the kids it was okay though.
D'yah think? I kept looking for the cow with the bell round it's neck.:ROFLMAO:
RubyPrincess168 said:
I thought Crown Princess Mary's bridesmaid(s?) looked great.
Absolutely, each a little individual and not to 'bridesmaidy'. :cool:

It's not unusual for royal and society weddings to have bridesmaids and pages dressed like young people in famous old paintings. It doesn't mean that the results are universally admirable.

HRH Princess María-Carolina de Bourbon de Parme

I felt in love with HRH Princess María-Carolina de Bourbon de Parme, Marchioness de Sala (niece of Queen Beatrix) when she was one of the bridesmaids for the wedding of her cousin HRH Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands and miss Petra Laurentien Brinkhorst (8 May 2001).

Here is a pic from the Royal House website (bucketed via my own webspace) showing an open royal landauer with the bridal personnel in fabulous golden outfits and flowers in the hairdo.

The bridesmaids were HRH Princess María Carolina de Bourbon de Parme and Ms Charlotte Waldeck.
The bridesgirls were Alice Countess von Oeynhausen-Sierstorpff and Gabriella Crossick-Kountourides.
The pageboys were Julius-Constantin Baron von dem Bussche-Haddenhausen and Floris de Nijs Bik.

For years and years I have hoped Don Felipe de Borbón y Grecia would date the full royal-born, catholic and fluent Spanish-speaking Doña María Carolina de Borbón-Parma y Orange-Nassau. But tja....
:neutral:

Princess María Carolina sits at the left seat.

laurentien1.jpg

Last edited:
For me my favourite one is Lady Sarah chato's bridesmaids gown very classic and very elegant. The worst: Mary's bridesmaids gown, its look boring and look cheap IMHO;)..

Bridesmaids Princess Máxima

I liked the bordeauxred gowns for the bridesmaids for HRH Princess Máxima of the Netherlands.

The bridesmaids were:
- miss Valeria Delger
- miss Juliana Guillermo
- the high- and wellborn lady Theresa Baroness von der Recke
- miss Inés Zorreguieta Cerruti

The Pageboys were:
- the high- and wellborn Jonkheer Paulo Alting von Geusau
- the high- and wellborn lord Johann-Casper Baron von dem Bussche-Haddenhausen
- mr. Alexandre Friling
- mr. Floris ter Haar

The Flowergirls were:
- the highborn lady Leonie Countess zu Waldburg-Zeil-Hohenems
- Her Serene Highness Princess Pauline zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein

Source picture: seegerpress

http://www.seegerpress-online.de/topixx/data/pre-SEEGER00064303.jpg

I like Princess Anita's bridesmaids dresses the best-very fresh and colorful and upbeat:)

The Duchess of York selected very pretty dresses for her bridesmiads as well they were very much dresses for a wedding.:)

Lady Sarah Chatto made a very elegant and beautiful choice for her bridesmaids.:)

The worst was Serena Linley's- who puts children in those hidious outfits and prison color:ohmy:

I liked

I liked the dresses that the Bridesmaids wore for Lady Sarah Chatto and Sarah Ferguson
Both were timeless and elegant.

Yeah, but they are flower girls. They can be excused since they are so cute.:flowers:

I didn't like the bridesmaid's dresses for Felipe and Letizia's wedding, but the children's outfit's were absolutely gorgeous. They are from Goya paintings, right? They were very elegant.

Flowergirls and boys of Beatrix and Claus: Daphne Stuart-Clark, Carolijn Alting von Geusau, Joachim Jenkel and Marcus von Oeyenhausen Schirstorpf

The bridesmaids:princess Christina of The Netherlands, Princess Christina of Sweden, Lady Elisabeth Anson, Jkvr. Johanna Roëll, Christina von Amsberg en Jkvw. Eugenie Loudon

I liked the following children's outfits the best: Lady Diana Spencer's, Aimee Songhen's, and Infanta Christina's.

I liked these adult gowns best: Maxima and Laurentien.

I liked the following children's outfits the best: Lady Diana Spencer's, Aimee Songhen's, and Infanta Christina's.

I liked these adult gowns best: Maxima and Laurentien.
OOPs forgot to add Lady Sarah's adult bridesmaids!

Lady Sarah Chatto's bridesmaids wore simple but very elegant gowns. Her sister-in-laws bridal party outfits looked like they were wearing their school uniforms.
No matter how many times I see the wedding party of Archduke Karl and Baroness Francesca, I absolutely love the outfits of the bride and bridesmaids. What an elegant winter wedding.:wub:

Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones. Amazing dresses and flowers.
Runner up---Prince Laurent and Princess Claire--I thought their attendants (all children, and I believe all girls, looked adorable) just like little brides. And the wreaths of flowers in their hair looked wonderful... Looked like little angels

what about bridesmaid of Prince Edward and Sophie-Rhys Jones's wedding in June 19,1999 i tried find that pictures in pro crobis but no there! "Prince Edward's Wedding" i wanted see bridesmaid and bridesgroom with Earl and Countess of Wessex after ceremony.

i watch video says have small kids bridesmaid and bridesgroom and no adult bridesmaid i dont blame Sophie what she wanted it

I found a picture :flowers::
MitBlumenkindern.jpg

I like the bridemaides dresses

Wedding of Frederik & Mary:
They had nice colour and looked so cute :)
MitBrautjungfernBlumenkinder.jpg

Wedding of Märtha Louise & Ari Behn:
They're really lovely. Like little brides and grooms. :wub:

BlumenmdchenPage.jpg

I like also the bridesmaids of Letizia, Maxima, Mabel and Cristina. And, of course, Lady Sarah's. They are really lovely.

Mary's choice of dresses for the girls are cute. But the ones for the adults are hideous. The only thing I can think of is Mary likes shaded of pink. The adult gowns didn't even fit the ladies that well in the photo. I like bridesmaide's dresses to at least reflect some element of the bridal gown. so there is an overall theme to the wedding party. These looke more like mother-of-the-bride/groom type of gowns.

Maybe Mary's choice would have been better if they had had flowers of somekind. I think its the only wedding for flowergirls not to have flowers or something to hold. Even if the women had flowers in their hair it needed something to look bridesmaid ish

i like to bring it back to the old days...i love queen elizabeth's bridesmaid dresses and princess dianas...

I have noticed that in yesterday's Danish wedding Princess Marie had just one bridemaid (a second one got ill and could not attend) but no flower girls and boys which sort of surpised me. This is quite different from all the pictures I have seen in this threat so far. Therefore, does anyone know whether there are any rules that need to be taken into consideration when it comes to royal weddings and the couples choise of bridemaids and flower children? I mean is this a sole decision of the bridal couple whom they would pick up and also the number of persons?

Back
Top Bottom