Royal Bridesmaids

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For the design, I think the attendants of Lady Sarah Chatto and Maxima had lovely dresses. Queen Elizabeth's bridesmaids also wore pretty dresses, however I feel they were a little too youthful and would be more suitable for flower girls than adult attendants.

For nationalism, I favor the dresses worn by Letizia's bridesmaids.

Really loved the look of the brides maids at William and Catherine's wedding. Tasteful and elegant. The girls' dresses reminded me of the dresses worn by the four daughters of Nikolai II in some of the photos from early 1900s.

Victoria and Daniel's attendants looked great as well. No unnecessary frills on the dresses.

:reading: Thank you so much, Fürstin von Taxis, for this lovely video of our regions.

Princess Elizabeth's bridesmaid dresses were very beautiful, I think Sarah F. had cute nice outfits for her little one's in her party.

Really loved the look of the brides maids at William and Catherine's wedding. Tasteful and elegant. The girls' dresses reminded me of the dresses worn by the four daughters of Nikolai II in some of the photos from early 1900s.

Victoria and Daniel's attendants looked great as well. No unnecessary frills on the dresses.
Do you have any pictures of Nikolai's daughters?

Those green dresses are ugly!

Lovely pictures, but I personally don't see a huge resemblance.

I was referring to the overall style, not necessarily that the dresses used by the Imperial Family of Russia were in any way an inspiration for the bride's maids' dresses chosen by the Duchess :). I should have been a little more clear in my original post. My apologies.

:previous: Thank you for explaining! All the little girls looks sweet and innocent.

The flower girl dresses for the wedding of William and Catherine were very appropriate -- classic, with a 'grown up' flair that little girls like and yet they were not 'adult.' One design element that did not grab me was the lace along the bottom. I do not favor such positioning of lace as it gives a slight impression of an undergarment peeping out (although it was clearly not).

I would chose Victoria's bridesmaids dresses for me.Those dresses are simple,and innocent looking.The girls looked great.No fuss or anything that took attention from the bride.I would definitley not let them wear strapless!

I like Victoria´s bridesmaids dresses too. Very simple, but beautiful and elegant.

Queen Elizabeth's bridesmaids dresses were the best adult dresses I have seen at a royal wedding. I think Sarah Ferguson's peach dresses were the cutest for the little girls. I hate those themed bridesmaids dresses like Charlene had, and Victoria's sailor uniforms for the boys.

Stephanie's bridesmaids has got to be one of the worst I have ever seen! I know orange and blue are the colors of the Nassau house, but I think they look horrible together. As for the older bridesmaids dresses, I like the color but not the dresses. Well, Antonia's dress was nice but, Alexandra's dress was very unflattering.

I actually quite liked the page boy outfits in blue with orange trousers although I agree the colour clash is probably not to everyone's taste (or else I'm colour blind!). I suppose dressing up young attendants in outrageous costume designs in bright gawdy colours means at least you won't lose the little darlings during the proceedings......"oh, just grab that satin ball of peach ruffles running over there - it's a bridesmaid and should be behind the bride...."

I actually loved the orange and blue combination of the flower girls and pages. Very different yet very contrasting shades but they really worked well together and also represented the Nassau house.The pages looked particularly smart.

For Stephanie to have such an amazing wedding dress the bridemaids will go down as some fo the worst. Both adult and child outfits were awful unflaterring and hideous colours

I'm sure that if the colours had been different, the bridesmaid dresses would have come out better, but I totally get that blue and orange are the colours of the house of Nassau and think that it's a fine detail, it didn't really work though.

I really liked Catherine's simple bridesmaid dresses.

For me, Lady Louise Windsor will always be my favourite/cutest bridesmaid. Grace Van Cutsem is a close second.

I think that in the Louxembourg wedding they wanted a bridal party a la Felipe&Letizia, with the historical air, but the result was considerably worse.
Caprile did an amazing job with Letizia bridal party, the design was exquisite and every detail was so delicate. The Louxembourg kids´outfit looked too much like a cheap costume, mainly because of the heavy fabric, and it´s obvious that the designer didn´t pay so much attention to the little details, which I think it´s the key to do a fine job on historical dresses and wich made Caprile´s dresses so amazing and elegant.

I´m quite surprised that so many people disliked the adults bridesmaids dresses, I loved it, both colour and design, though it wasn´t an easy dress to wear for Alexandra, I agree. Stephanie´s niece looked very nice, though (I also think that her dress was nicer thatn Alex´s)

Did the spanish wedding have any adult attendants?
Adult attendants are very hard which is why I prefer the European tradition of children only.
I do remember loving the absolutely beautiful outfits they had on in Spain.

I always love any children/historical theme, like Vicotria had, or even Sarah ferguson with William as a little sailor boy.
I think the Luxembourg children were gorgeous,the girls' hair was very good, but if Natan did them, they must have been slipshod as you say

I wonder if anyone knows if Princess Caroline was a bridesmaid when she was a young girl? Princess Stephanie was a bridesmaid to her older sister on her first marriage and Howell Conant captured some funny pics of Grace having to reprimand her during the wedding rehearsal.
Scan

Pic of bridesmaids

I seem to recall reading that Stephanie wasn't keen on her outfit!

Thank you for the lovely image> I now remember the caps on the girls. They were enchanting.
I would put it on now if I could

I wonder if anyone knows if Princess Caroline was a bridesmaid when she was a young girl? Princess Stephanie was a bridesmaid to her older sister on her first marriage and Howell Conant captured some funny pics of Grace having to reprimand her during the wedding rehearsal.
Scan

Pic of bridesmaids

I seem to recall reading that Stephanie wasn't keen on her outfit!

Stephanie wasn't keen on the GROOM!!! She never liked Philipe Junot for her sister, and she was right!!!

For me, Lady Louise Windsor will always be my favourite/cutest bridesmaid. Grace Van Cutsem is a close second.

For me, Lady Louise (along with Grace) stole the show. The former had such energy and was literally jumping out of her skin on the balcony, and the latter had facial expressions that rival those of skilled actors. Louise strikes me as a young lady with a big character, and I love seeing her at various royal events.

:previous:
I thought little Eliza Lopes was absolutely adorable at William and Kate's wedding.
Really loved the moment Prince Charles lifter her up to allow her a better view of the square.

Back
Top Bottom