The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Royal Weddings General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-26-2005, 08:19 AM
Aristocracy

margarita's the first, pilar's the second...
source:http://www.angelfire.com/pa4/verenar.../Spainwed.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zuritawed[1].jpg
Views:	564
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	173261   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pilarwed[1].jpg
Views:	507
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	173262  

Old 07-26-2005, 03:32 PM
Gentry

Camilla didn't look good

Since the thread began not about dresses, per se, but about what bride didn't look good on her wedding day, I'd have to say that in my opinion, Camilla didn't look good. Nothing to do with the dress - thought it was ok. The hat was strange, I thought - thought she had straw coming out of her head or that her hair was teased on top till I realized it was part of the hat. But in terms of just not looking good, wedding day or any day, I'd choose Camilla. Sorry - my opinion, and certainly enough have picked on Diana that I feel the need to give equal time to the woman who took her place.

Old 07-26-2005, 07:31 PM
Aristocracy

i didn't like her hat as well. it just didn't fit to me. i liked the dress but not the hat.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:52 PM
Gentry

HH Princess Pilar is wearing a beautiful tiara though. the dress isnt so bad for the decade.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:18 AM
Aristocracy

but her sister was a bit to plain??if that is rite word!
Old 07-27-2005, 09:26 PM
Serene Highness

in regards to diana's wedding gown, i think it look good for 80's style. big n puffy was in and im sure a lot of us didnt look in our 80's style of dress. im know i didnt
Old 07-28-2005, 10:09 AM
Aristocracy

Oh my god, could u believe that Claire wore this for her civil ceremony,i mean her wedding dress was fanastc but look at this !!!!
Old 07-28-2005, 10:46 AM
Courtier

She didn´t wear this to her civil ceremony.The civil ceremony was just before the religious ceremony and so sh wore her wedding dress.

This is only the registration of their wedding...
Old 07-29-2005, 05:44 AM
Aristocracy

Oh i am sorry about that,But i still think it was an outfit in poor taste for a marraige related affair where the press was goin to be present
Old 08-03-2005, 04:07 AM
Aristocracy

u have to see this picture, i think it is one of the dutch prince, shame she looks so different!!!
Old 08-03-2005, 10:28 AM
Courtier

Aw! Don't be so harsh on Princess Cristina of the Netherlands. She was born basically blind, so her dress had to be very simple so she wouldn't trip over it.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:30 AM
Aristocracy

Sorry, i didnt know that,but i had no problem with her dress, it was her veil and hairstyle that seem as though it was not thought about. I am sorry!!!!! i didnt mean it to be horrible.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:01 AM
Aristocracy

did any one have a look at prince alois's wife's dress?? her sister, Elizabeth of Bavaria dress was beautiful and even her makeup and hair but not Sophie!!!!
Old 08-11-2005, 04:41 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve
I think that most people here are comparing Diana's dress with dresses of the recent brides like Mathilde, Maxima, Mary, Letizia and Claire.

Diana got married more than 20 years ago so of course fashion was different. In the 80s dresses like the one Diana wore were quite fashionable and high style. After Diana's wedding, many brides copied Diana's dress for their own weddings.

It may look frumpy and excessive to us now but we are looking at it from a 21st century minimalist eye. You can dislike Diana because it's just not your taste but to say that it was unstylish is untrue. It was the height of fashion for its time.
although you are right that it is not fair to compare it to recent gowns, it remains a terrible dress. Marie-Therese of Luxembourg and her sister-in-law Marguerite married in the same period ut their dresses were much nicer (Marie-Astrids dress wasnt a winner either)
Old 08-18-2005, 05:50 AM
Aristocracy

Attached Thumbnails

Duchess Marie Caroline von Württemberg (1991)
2. Hereditary princess Sophie von und zu Liechtenstein (1993)

not so good, but their sister, Elizabeth looked terrific!!!

Old 08-18-2005, 12:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
although you are right that it is not fair to compare it to recent gowns, it remains a terrible dress. Marie-Therese of Luxembourg and her sister-in-law Marguerite married in the same period ut their dresses were much nicer (Marie-Astrids dress wasnt a winner either)
I don't think Diana's dress was bad at all (would I look good in it? NO.), except for getting so crumpled.

I didn't like Maria Theresa's dress, though.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:37 PM
Gentry

CPrincess Marie-Chantal Miller the dress was to bulky for her frame
Princess Kalina of Bulgaria. The pictures in this link show how bad the veil was.

http://www.nettyroyal.nl/kalina3.html
Old 08-18-2005, 10:44 PM
Aristocracy

you can't even see through that veil.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamass
you can't even see through that veil.
It looks like a burka.

The dress underneath the burka was unusual too, for a wedding dress.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:12 AM
Courtier

Yes, I agree it isn't good. But in the link it says that it is a traditional dress for a certain region and it was given to her I believe. So maybe she did not have a say in it.

Tags
bride, royal weddings