The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Royal Weddings General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-22-2012, 04:23 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Can someone point me to a pic of Diana's hair looking bad on her wedding day? I have seen Many images of her that day and her hair always looked good, clearly I am missing something. Or maybe I'm just distracted by the bad dress.

I don't think there had been enough practice runs prior to the big day. The effects the tiara and voluminous veil on her hair had not been taken into consideration.

Her usual blowdry did not provide enough support, so instead of flicking off her face, the sides and fringe(bangs) were flattened against her head. If you look at her hair when she left for her honeymoon, it looks entirely different. For the first time that day, it actually appears to have been styled.

I have been responsible for wedding hair at many society weddings. I never considered my work finished until I'd greeted the bride at the church to make any last minute adjustments made necessary by wind/rain and hopefully eliminating nasty shocks when the bride sees her wedding photos. Whilst her honeymoon hair looked wonderful, I know, beyond a shadow of doubt that, that I would never have allowed one of "my" brides, let alone the future Queen, to walk down the aisle with hair looking less than perfect. However good the hair may look when she leaves for honeymoon, it's the first impression that will be the lasting one.

Old 11-22-2012, 05:26 AM
Courtier

Personally I don't think there was any bride that didn't look good on her wedding day. Maybe certain things were not to my taste or could have been done better - but to really not look good you have to mess up a lot of things, which I don't think any bride has done.
Not that I'm a big fan of the 80's looks but in their day those brides were also beautiful IMO.

I loved Diana's hair BTW

Old 02-09-2013, 11:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm pretty sure Mabel has been mentioned with her over done bow fetish, but i also have to say that a woman with ears like that should not wear her hair back.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 02-10-2013, 05:15 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaritsa View Post
I don't think there had been enough practice runs prior to the big day. The effects the tiara and voluminous veil on her hair had not been taken into consideration.

Her usual blowdry did not provide enough support, so instead of flicking off her face, the sides and fringe(bangs) were flattened against her head. If you look at her hair when she left for her honeymoon, it looks entirely different. For the first time that day, it actually appears to have been styled.
http://lisawallerrogers.files.wordpr...a_wedding1.jpg

This probably illustrates this quite well..? (there should be more pictures on this thread )
Old 02-10-2013, 05:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I'm pretty sure Mabel has been mentioned with her over done bow fetish, but i also have to say that a woman with ears like that should not wear her hair back.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Vp22WEUhQS...nge-Nassau.jpg

I see what you mean, but still think this was the best part of the wedding-look.. at least: no bows
Old 02-10-2013, 10:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Vp22WEUhQS...nge-Nassau.jpg

I see what you mean, but still think this was the best part of the wedding-look.. at least: no bows
I like Mabel.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:29 AM
Gentry

Princess Charlene of Monaco - She wore nice outfit, make-up was realy nice and hairstyle was great but her unhappy face ruined it all

Tags
bride, royal weddings