Least Favourite Royal Wedding Dress

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hania said:
[url="http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?"]http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?
attachmentid=72463&stc=1&thumb=1
[/url][url="http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=72462&stc=1&thumb=1"]http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=72462&stc=1&thumb=1[/url]hi guys,can anyone explain to me why these muslim brides have these on their heads,i have many muslims friends,and none of them had to cover their heads in this way.is it only specific to their country,it does not do much to highlight their features and actually hides their pretty faces.
beacuse they care about covering their hair as a must in islam
ps.so many moslem women dont wear scarves cause they dont care

hania said:
I agree that princess alexander of denmark looked terrible and laura ponte has to take the prize as the worst dressed,i know that ones wishes to be different on their wedding day but her outfit was different alright,different and weird!
Personaly I like Alexandra's wedding gown it's style realy suitable for Denmark winter...but her hairstyle is not my favorite one, its too big and with her big veils its looked more dominant than her tiara :confused: . I love the kind of Laura ponte veils (embroderry) but the gown so :confused: :eek: :eek:

can we say there is a winner for the worst dress bride.
1st place is laura ponte's dress with the upside down tiara .

I didn't like Letizia's dress. It's looked too big for her and the neck style didn't do anything for her either. :(

It must be so difficult for a Royal bride-to-be to choose the 'perfect' dress.

One which particularly stands out for me as being the worst was that of Princess Mabel, what was she thinking with all of those bows!

I agree both for Laura Ponte and Mabel Wisse Smit.

I would add Marie Chantal Miller: her dres was a copy of Princess Grace, but I don-t really think it fits her...and I don't like the veil and tiara either.

i fine it hard to believe that a princess cannot find the perfect wedding dress, they have so many people to help then chose a dress and money(i'm guessing) is not a problem. but as this thread shows a lot of them have made the worng choice of gown. nice case of poetic justice-any of us have look great in our wedding gowns and have spent a fourth of what theirs gown cost. sweet

I agree, royal bridal gowns have gone downhill. They often are ill fitting, and ugly. I think the court has a lot to do with it. They dictate the the woman marrying the prince not outshine him, and the gowns must be old fashioned and bland. Look at Mary. I have no doubt that the court and Queen Margarethe, and an old man for a designer did that to her. I doubt she spoke up b/c she did not fell it was her place. She probally said "oh this is fine" but deep down I am sure it is not the dress she wanted.

I really dont think they're forced to wear a certain kinda dress,it's their taste of fashion and style which is not always good for every1

cute_girl said:
I really dont think they're forced to wear a certain kinda dress,it's their taste of fashion and style which is not always good for every1
Yeah, but I wonder if they're not forced to a certain, gentle degree. The wedding gowns are always very demure without too much ornamentation and not too much exposure of the flesh at the arms, neck or legs.

The only thing the brides seem to be allowed free rein is their hairdos and even at that, the hair can't too outlandish because those tiaras have to go somewhere :D

I seriously doubt that we would ever see a royal bride in a gown that is strapless, off the shoulder, shortsleeved, with a sweetheart or scoop neckline. But, I always look for it:D I figure that one day one roayl bride will be daring enough to marry in gowns like one of those.

Laura Ponte is not one of those brides...not by a long shot:D

mgrant said:
I seriously doubt that we would ever see a royal bride in a gown that is strapless, off the shoulder, shortsleeved, with a sweetheart or scoop neckline. But, I always look for it:D I figure that one day one roayl bride will be daring enough to marry in gowns like one of those.
For her 1997 wedding, Cristina of Spain wore a strapless, off the shoulder gown and got a lot of flack for going bare-shouldered, especially for a Catholic ceremony. Personally, her dress is one of my all time favourite royal wedding dresses, and if you compare her strapless, bare-shouldered number to other similarl styled dresses in bridal shops or magazines, her dress was pretty demure. Nothing about it revealed very much flesh. It came well above her chest and had long sleeves. The only visible skin were (barely) the tops of her shoulders and her collar bone. Most modern day brides show a lot more skin than that!

Claire of Belgium's dress was also strapless and bare-shouldered. (I think Claire's dress actually showed more than Cristina's.) Probably two of the most "revealing" royal bridal gowns in recent history!

Attachments

• SP-cristina-inaki-wedding-527f.jpg
    SP-cristina-inaki-wedding-527f.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 799
  • BM-laurent-claire-wedding-196.jpg
    BM-laurent-claire-wedding-196.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 1,830
i personally think that the above two looked beautiful on their wedding day and even mary's dress has a hint of her shoulders showing!i also thought that marie chantal had a terrible dress and her whole appearnce was so not her.i think that although a princess or royal does have a pretty dress or hair, her happiness can make up for it

Fashionista100 said:
I agree, royal bridal gowns have gone downhill. They often are ill fitting, and ugly. I think the court has a lot to do with it. They dictate the the woman marrying the prince not outshine him, and the gowns must be old fashioned and bland. Look at Mary. I have no doubt that the court and Queen Margarethe, and an old man for a designer did that to her. I doubt she spoke up b/c she did not fell it was her place. She probally said "oh this is fine" but deep down I am sure it is not the dress she wanted.
I would just like to point out, that the designer of Marys dress (Uffe Frank), is quite young, he's 41, he works in Milano, and is quite a wellknown designer. And as far as I've heard the only thing Queen Margrethe had any influence on was the dresses and colours of the bridemaids dresses.

as i was sayin early,even maxima didnt have a fabolous dress(the high neck was too plain)but the fact that she looked so bubbly and happy and exudes such happiness and the way she cried in the church made her beautiful and lokk like a really blushing bride,even mary looked the same way,they gave off this warmt5h

I think the simplicity of Maxima's dress was breathtakingly beautiful. I am not one for frills and flounces and thought she looked georgous.

I didn´t like Rania´s dress.....no no no...Also, deslike Mabel´s, Caroline´s and Stephanie´s...

hania said:
[url="http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?"]http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?
attachmentid=72463&stc=1&thumb=1
[/url][url="http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=72462&stc=1&thumb=1"]http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=72462&stc=1&thumb=1[/url]hi guys,can anyone explain to me why these muslim brides have these on their heads,i have many muslims friends,and none of them had to cover their heads in this way.is it only specific to their country,it does not do much to highlight their features and actually hides their pretty faces.
that is the daughter of the Turkish PM. I haven't seen girls that wear the hijab (head scarf) in their day-to-day life wear it at their weddings. But it all depends on the woman's culture, and her family. In the case of the Turkish PM's daughter, she obviously wore it because all the women in her family do.

i see,but does that mean that they have to cover their entire head?

I dont think they cover their hair because their family do,it's a matter of belief and I think some people do it because they believe in hijab,and yes hijab is covering all your hair and body exept hands and feet(just from the wrist to fingers or toes) and face

I know that there are muslim women that cover their entire body but leave only their eyes bare,how do they dress for their weddings?do they have a special outfit made?

hania said:
I know that there are muslim women that cover their entire body but leave only their eyes bare,how do they dress for their weddings?do they have a special outfit made?
really I dot know!!!maybe they only invite women in their wedding

hania
pls there is nothing wrong with big frizzie hair, over size should pads and i might add leg warmers. infact,i still wear all of that today

semisquare said:
hania
pls there is nothing wrong with big frizzie hair, over size should pads and i might add leg warmers. infact,i still wear all of that today
Leg warmers, OK. Shoulder pads, maybe. Frizzy hair??:eek:

sorry semisquare no offence to u directley,what u have to admit it did nothing for her on her wedding day
p.s i also wear leg warmers

now if we are talking about stephanie's 2nd wedding, her dress was, well, on the short side.......people.... we are talking about a minnie wedding gown......... can u believe it?

Yeah....I imagine...but...I think she dresses really well...but...you can make mistakes...

I just found this and thought I'd post it.
It's a photo of Prince Alexander of Liechtenstein and his wife Princess Astrid [nee Kohl].
What was she thinking?

Attachments

• alexliechtenstein1972.jpg
    alexliechtenstein1972.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 2,300
suturegeisha said:
I just found this and thought I'd post it.
It's a photo of Prince Alexander of Liechtenstein and his wife Princess Astrid [nee Kohl].
What was she thinking?
It reminds me of Mary Poppins. The veil and the hat make it look really bad, but it's not the worst wedding dress I have seen.

Back
Top Bottom