Views:	139
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	71720  

Old 12-27-2004, 11:56 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlightrhapsody
I learned that for the Danish Royal Family, they have to have a waltz before the stroke of midnight, I think. I forgot the name of the piece, but it's such a nice one to waltz to.
"One of the best parts of the wedding day was the waltz, Brudevalsen or Bridal Waltz, at the dinner ceremony. It was written by Niels Gade for the 1854 Ballet, A Folk Tale, which is about a nobleman who falls in love with a girl who was brought up by trolls. Anyway, it is a well-known waltz. And at this wedding as at the wedding of Joachim and Alexandra, the guests are placed into a heart around the dance floor. Then the bride and groom come out and while they are dancing, the guests slowly move closer and closer to the couple until they mess up or can not dance."

To hear a sample of this waltz, go to

http://www.mille-soeren.dk/11_Midi/...brudevalsen.mid

Old 12-27-2004, 01:08 PM
Royal Highness

Is some more from other royals dancing? And some letizia and Filipe?
Old 12-27-2004, 01:35 PM
Courtier

No,there are no pics of Felipe and Letizia dancing.They cancelled their wedding ball because of the March 11 attacks.
Old 12-27-2004, 02:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv
No,there are no pics of Felipe and Letizia dancing.They cancelled their wedding ball because of the March 11 attacks.
that was their prewedding ball they canceled, there was just a dinner. There was a ball after their wedding.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:35 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlightrhapsody
I learned that for the Danish Royal Family, they have to have a waltz before the stroke of midnight, I think. I forgot the name of the piece, but it's such a nice one to waltz to.
That is one of the most beautiful things I have seen in a wedding. I wish I could do that at my wedding, but I guess I would have to be a DRoyal for that.
Old 12-28-2004, 01:50 AM
Heir Apparent

i understand for Spainsh Royal Wedding have special respective of attacks in March cant have big dances and lots of more includes pre-dinner but i would respect by those Royals and new married to Prince and Princess of Austria.

Sara Boyce
Old 12-28-2004, 03:45 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
how about British Royal Family have reception? includes Prince and late Princess of Wales,Earl and Countess of Wessex

Sara Boyce
Here we go AGAIN.
Why does everything have to relate to the Prince and Princess of Wales or the Earl and Countess of Wessex???
You ask so much about them you'd think you'd be able to provide an answer to these questions.
Maybe some people just DON'T CARE about Charles and Edward and their wives.
Old 12-28-2004, 05:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicomtesse
Here we go AGAIN.
Why does everything have to relate to the Prince and Princess of Wales or the Earl and Countess of Wessex???
You ask so much about them you'd think you'd be able to provide an answer to these questions.
Maybe some people just DON'T CARE about Charles and Edward and their wives.
Some people may not be interested in the Wessexes or the Wales family but some others are. Everyone has the same right to post about their interests as long as they do it respectfully.
Old 12-28-2004, 06:48 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
how about British Royal Family have reception? includes Prince and late Princess of Wales,Earl and Countess of Wessex

Sara Boyce
Here's a link to an article written on the Wessex's wedding. It describes different aspects of their wedding, but if you scroll down you'll find the section on wedding reception:

http://www.etoile.co.uk/Events/ESWedding.html#Rec
Old 05-22-2005, 08:30 AM
Gentry

Marriage of a Crown Prince and a Crown Princess?

Hi All,

I had a question that I am hoping you can answer.

When a crown prince marrys a crown princess, how is it decided which nation they will be crown princess and crown princess of?

For example, if CP Frederick had not married Mary but had married CP Victoria of Sweden who is a crown princess, would they have become the CP couple of Denmark or Sweden? I am assuming that they could not be the CP couple of two nations as this would get messy when one had to take the throne. Would the male's country always be the country from whcih the couple took their title?

Looking forward to hearing what the answer is.

Vik :)
Old 05-22-2005, 11:51 AM
Nobility

Someone is going to let go the title......Like, if Victoria got married with Frederik, she would be CP of Denmark, and Prince Carl Phillipe would become CP of Sweden.....please, correct me if Im wrong....but, I think its like this...
Old 05-22-2005, 12:06 PM
Serene Highness

A crown prince CANNOT mary a crown princess as it would inevitably merge the two countries.
Old 05-22-2005, 01:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

One of them would have to give up their right to the succession in their own country. I don't think it would necessarily be the female; I assume it would depend on which country had the more viable successors or which country was considered the more important or something.
Old 05-22-2005, 07:15 PM
Gentry

Thanks for your replies.

I imagined that one of them would have to give up the right of succession in their own country too - it would be an interesting dilema if it ever had to happen.

Vik :)
Old 05-23-2005, 08:11 PM
Courtier

This is an interesting topic. Though it may not be relevant now, the future European prince and princesses might run into this dilemma. The royal houses are all experiencing a baby boom right now, so who knows?
Old 05-23-2005, 11:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel
A crown prince CANNOT mary a crown princess as it would inevitably merge the two countries.
Are you sure that's right?
I thought that Queen Mary I (Tudor) married the CP Philip of Spain (Son of Charles V) and he did not give up his succesion rights and nor did she. Their child if they one had been born would have been heir to both countries. It looks like each sovereign & CP would have kept his/her duties related to each own country seperate. Please correct me if I am wrong. CP Philip eventually became King Philip II. I realize that was a long time ago and things may be handled differently now.

I found this under Wikipedia Queen Mary I
Mary married Philip on 25 July 1554 at Winchester Cathedral. Under the terms of the marriage treaty, Philip was to be styled "King of England", all official documents (including Acts of Parliament) were to be dated with both their names and Parliament was to be called under the joint authority of the couple. Philip's powers, however, were extremely limited; he and Mary were not true joint Sovereigns. Nonetheless, Philip was the only man to take the crown matrimonial upon his marriage to a reigning Queen of England; William III became jointly sovereign with his wife, Mary II, pursuant to Act of Parliament, rather than matrimonial right. Coins were to also show the head of both Mary and Philip. The marriage treaty further provided that England would not be obliged to provide military support to Philip's father, the Holy Roman Emperor, in any war. Mary fell in love with Philip and, thinking she was pregnant, had thanksgiving services at the diocese of London in November 1554. But Philip found his queen, who was eleven years his senior, to be physically unattractive and after only fourteen months left for Spain under a false excuse

I found this in Wikipedia under King Philip II
Another ostensible boost to Spanish hegemony and the Counter-Reformation achieved a clear boost when Philip married Mary Tudor — a Catholic — in 1554 (the older daughter of Henry VIII). However, they ended up childless (a child would have been heir to all but France) after Queen Mary or “bloody Mary” as she was known by English Protestants, died in 1558 before the union could revitalize the Catholic Church in England.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:52 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashinka2002
Are you sure that's right?
I thought that Queen Mary I (Tudor) married the CP Philip of Spain (Son of Charles V) and he did not give up his succesion rights and nor did she. Their child if they one had been born would have been heir to both countries. It looks like each sovereign & CP would have kept his/her duties related to each own country seperate. Please correct me if I am wrong. CP Philip eventually became King Philip II. I realize that was a long time ago and things may be handled differently now.
Yes that was quite a while ago. Things like that were done centuries ago to secure political alliances and power by bringing two countries together, atleast under the same ruler.
And in Mary and Philip's case it was Mary's desire to return England to Catholicism that also played a part.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:04 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Here's a link to the marriage act of Philip and Mary.
http://rbsche.people.wm.edu/H111_doc...queenmary.html

It outlines their rights and duties among other things, as well as the inheritance and rights of their children.
There's also an analysis of the document at the end.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:39 PM
Serene Highness

Historically, the British married commoners (or at least non-royals) earlier because the concept of morganatic marriage (an marriage of unequal social status) does not exist in English law (source: wikipedia), but was strictly enforced in other places such as the German states. Early English, non-royal wives: Elizabeth Woodville, Anne Neville, Anne Boleyn, Jane Seymour, Catherine Howard, Catherine Parr, Anne Hyde (first wife of James II).

Tags
ceremony, protocol, royal weddings