The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-09-2004, 01:37 AM
Royal Highness

From what I read, Mary had to sign a document stating that if there is a divorce, she does not get custody of her children--they belong the country of Denmark.

I also heard she had to do what Diana, Princess of Wales did--submit to a gynecological exam to see if she could bear children.

Old 06-09-2004, 05:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally posted by tiaraprin@Jun 9th, 2004 - 1:37 am
From what I read, Mary had to sign a document stating that if there is a divorce, she does not get custody of her children--they belong the country of Denmark.

I also heard she had to do what Diana, Princess of Wales did--submit to a gynecological exam to see if she could bear children.
I read that too. I also read that in the case of a divorce, she only gets something like 10% of Frederik's money. I suppose she couldn't very well get half of everything that Frederik owns; it would be worth millions.

Does anyone know why they got married on a Friday? Was it their choice or was there a special reason for it?

Old 06-09-2004, 11:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by DaniL+Jun 9th, 2004 - 4:43 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DaniL @ Jun 9th, 2004 - 4:43 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-tiaraprin@Jun 9th, 2004 - 1:37 am

I read that too. I also read that in the case of a divorce, she only gets something like 10% of Frederik&#39;s money. I suppose she couldn&#39;t very well get half of everything that Frederik owns; it would be worth millions.

Does anyone know why they got married on a Friday? Was it their choice or was there a special reason for it? [/b][/quote]
are you serious about Princess Diana would have another child with her love&#39;s ? that true?

Sara Boyce
Old 06-09-2004, 01:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by DaniL+Jun 9th, 2004 - 4:43 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DaniL @ Jun 9th, 2004 - 4:43 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-tiaraprin@Jun 9th, 2004 - 1:37 am

I read that too. I also read that in the case of a divorce, she only gets something like 10% of Frederik&#39;s money. I suppose she couldn&#39;t very well get half of everything that Frederik owns; it would be worth millions.

Does anyone know why they got married on a Friday? Was it their choice or was there a special reason for it? [/b][/quote]
The only reason i can come to is that when HM Queen Margrethe was born April the 16. 1940 her parrents decide to have her baptizede on May the 14.

Old 06-12-2004, 09:59 PM
Commoner

i read somewher on the net, i forgot which one lol, that, the reason they decided to have their wedding on that particular day is because...the church is fully booked this year, except on May 14th.
Old 06-14-2004, 12:55 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by sara1981@Jun 9th, 2004 - 10:25 am

are you serious about Princess Diana would have another child with her love&#39;s ? that true?

Sara Boyce
[/quote]
Sara, you totally misread what I wrote and meant. Before Diana married Charles, she had to have a gynecological exam to prove she could have children. If she couldn&#39;t, she could not marry Charles&#33;
Old 06-14-2004, 01:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Considering how hard it is to figure out why a woman can&#39;t conceive even after trying for years, I don&#39;t see what good a premarital gynaecological exam would really do. It would probably only show the most obvious problems. And considering that the like of succession in the British royal family isn&#39;t limited in the way it is in some other countries and Princess Anne already had children, it seems really strange that it&#39;d be made a condition of a marriage. I wonder if they&#39;d stop the Prince of Wales from marrying if he were infertile, simply because there&#39;d be no heirs and hence no point in getting married.

Weird.
Old 07-17-2004, 03:58 PM
Nobility

questions about royal weddings

When a royal is invited to a royal wedding in another country are they told what to wear? At some weddings you see the ladies in long dresses and tiara and at others in short dress and hat. Who decides what should be worn?
Old 07-17-2004, 04:46 PM
Royal Highness

Normally the invitation say what to wear. But some break the rule.
Letizia and Filippe invitation sy short dress and hat, but ladys like Queen Rania break.
Old 07-17-2004, 08:15 PM
Courtier

Micas is right. I&#39;m also under the impression that it is mentioned in the invitation.
Old 07-18-2004, 12:05 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Iain&nbsp; Posted: Jul 17th, 2004 - 12:58 pm

When a royal is invited to a royal wedding in another country are they told what to wear? At some weddings you see the ladies in long dresses and tiara and at others in short dress and hat. Who decides what should be worn?
Short answer, yes. The royal world is old fashioned in this regards, and certain instructions go out that ..... I believe are more tailored to what the man should wear: uniform, smoking coat, morning coat, tails and so on. Women -- the wonderful creatures they are -- have a evolved a style that compliments the gentleman&#39;s "uniform".
Old 07-18-2004, 12:49 AM
Royal Highness

I wonder if and when invitations are issued, "birthday suits" ?
Old 07-18-2004, 01:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally posted by King Christian@Jul 18th, 2004 - 2:49 pm
I wonder if and when invitations are issued, "birthday suits" ?
Haha. That&#39;s funny

Old 07-18-2004, 08:13 PM
Courtier

I would also imagine that what you wear would be dictated by the time frame of the wedding- if you&#39;re having a morning or afternoon wedding, as Felipe and Letizia did, it certainly wouldn&#39;t look right to parade around in an evening dress and tiara, so you would wear a pretty suit and a hat. However, for evening weddings like Frederik and Mary&#39;s, the standard attire was evening gown and tiara.
-Kara-
Old 07-19-2004, 04:10 AM
Aristocracy

Doesn&#39;t it depend on when the wedding takes place? If it&#39;s a morning wedding, ladies wear something short and a hat, if it&#39;s an afternoon wedding, ladies wear something long and a tiara. For the men it doesn&#39;t really matter, I think.
Old 07-19-2004, 05:58 AM
Heir Apparent

yes, it deppends and it&#39;s specified in the invitations.
for men it can vary between chaqué and a normal suit.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-15-2004, 02:17 PM
Heir Apparent

typical schedules in a royal wedding

what do guests do in a royal wedding after the banquet? is there another type of music of something like that? maybe a show? what's the typical schedule of a royal wedding after the banquet, the cake, the waltz and the fireworks?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-17-2004, 03:05 PM
Aristocracy

Well, we don't know the exact answer!

But we do know that in Denmark, the Danish singer Lene Siel sang afterwards.....she's kinda one of Denmark greatest female singers and so, very normal style(not pop, not the opposite either...)!
Old 08-26-2004, 01:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Weddings Guests

Did The British Royal Family invite other European Royals to attend the Wedding of Charles(1981),Anne(1973),Andrew(1986) and Edward(1999)?Who?
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 09-11-2004, 07:34 PM
Courtier

If Prince Charles was infertile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Considering how hard it is to figure out why a woman can't conceive even after trying for years, I don't see what good a premarital gynaecological exam would really do. It would probably only show the most obvious problems. And considering that the like of succession in the British royal family isn't limited in the way it is in some other countries and Princess Anne already had children, it seems really strange that it'd be made a condition of a marriage. I wonder if they'd stop the Prince of Wales from marrying if he were infertile, simply because there'd be no heirs and hence no point in getting married.

Weird.
Now I've never thought about that from that point of view. What would a royal family do if the male heir to the throne is infertile? I doubt he would be passed over for rule. I guess that the children of the next in line heir would become heir to the throne or that next child in line would sit on the throne next.

And what if the only remainig heir is female and she is infertile?

Tags
ceremony, protocol, royal weddings