Royal Weddings Questions and Discussion Past and Future

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Strict protocol goverened wedding attire for the bride of a French heir to the throne: a cloth-of-silver dress.

The marriage of the future Louis XVI and then Archduchess Marie Antoinette was presided over by the Cardinal, Archbishop of Reims,His Eminence
Charles-Antoine de la Roche-Aymon at the Chapel Royal of Versailles.

370px-WP_Charles-Antoine_de_la_Roche-Aymon.jpg

The Savoy Tourmaline Tiara, and the London Diamond Fringe Tiara -as worn by Princess Alexandra- are my favourites.

Still, her father did have some other -rumoured- girlfriends that were discussed in the press as well.

It seems the gossip press is less interested in the love lives of young royals these days. It may have to do with several court rulings, a genuine respect for privacy, or the public being less interested than they were in the 80-ties and 90-ties. Whatever the reason the young royals can be grateful that they have been granted more privacy than their parents.

I think the press remains interested. We recently had rumors about Prince Christian with Maria Chiara. The press made several reports about this, until the news was denied.

Perhaps the most similar rumor to those we saw in previous decades with Charles of England and Marie-Astrid of Luxembourg, Felipe of Spain and Tatjana of Liechtenstain, Princess Victoria of Sweden and Prince Nikolaos of Greece, etc.

But I think it depends on the country. Everyone knows who Princess Ingrid Alexandra's boyfriend is, but the press in Norway respects the princess's privacy.

There was also news about Princess Catharina-Amalia having a boyfriend. But the press did not explore the matter much.

I think interest will eventually increase when the young crown princes are older and of marriageable age.

Perhaps the most similar rumor to those we saw in previous decades with Charles of England and Marie-Astrid of Luxembourg

The rumour about Prince Charles and Princess Marie-Astrid is a special one since it was based on a leak from Buckingham palace that was part of an attempt to smoke out a mole in the Privy council who was selling stories to the press. According to Marlene Koenig Prince Charles was furious about him and the to him almost unknown Marie-Astrid being used this way.

Back
Top Bottom