The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-03-2009, 10:23 AM
Commoner

Smile Fabric type and color of royal wedding gowns

post the color and fabric type of your favorite gowns.

Old 10-04-2009, 04:44 PM
Gentry

well, i really like mary's gown, i think it was beautiful and original, i think it was some kind of silk and the color was like white-champagne

Old 02-07-2010, 06:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Royal brides: The fairytale wedding dresses worn by real-life princesses
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 02-08-2010, 08:28 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Queen Rania´s dress was made by Bruce Oldfield, not Elie Saab as article says.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:39 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks for the link xavi83. I'm always up for looking at pictures of a royal wedding! I loved the photos of Maxima's regal gown and Princess Marie's romantic dress. The wedding dress of Rania has to be my least favorite.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:27 AM
Serene Highness

Does anyone have any idea why Princess Grace didn't wear a tiara at her wedding?
Old 02-13-2010, 10:28 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
Does anyone have any idea why Princess Grace didn't wear a tiara at her wedding?
Hi, Duchessmary. I hope this answers your question, but I have no official sources or interviews to corroborate my answers, as they are only speculation based on my observations of customs and traditions for the family and the time.

First, Princess Grace was not born a princess. Although she was a Hollywood actress and had played a princess before, she was not royal.

Second, at the time she married, most brides did not wear tiaras, only some royal brides wore them, as they were usually the ones who had them. And it was unlikely that she owned any of her own at the time.

Third, the former Grace Kelly was the daughter of a well-to-do but not necessarily wealthy American. Prior to Grace's notoriety as an actress, the family would not have been considered one of the wealthy, affluent, socially prominent American dynasties. Use of tiaras for weddings and/or other occasions was still only typical among the very wealthy like the Vanderbilts, the Rockefellers, etc.

Fourth, Grace's mother-in-law, Princess Charlotte, may or may not have liked her son's wife. Considering that in her will she left all of her jewels, including her tiaras to Princess Caroline indicates that she did not have a very good opinion of Grace (which is unusual considering that she herself was the bastard offspring of her father and a laundry servant). So it was also unlikely that she would have loaned a tiara to Grace.

Finally, even though some royal brides did wear tiaras, it was not the standard, even in Grace's generation. Many brides, including the royal ones, wore some sort of cap or wreath of flowers. This was true also for the Grimaldis, since Caroline also did not wear a tiara for her first wedding. Nowadays, it seems that many brides want to be a princess on their wedding day, so there are more of them, royal or not, who wear a tiara.

I hope that at least gives you some ideas as to why she didn't wear a tiara, but I suppose the only way to be sure would be to ask her. Tragically, that is not possible.

Have a great day!

Rascal
Old 04-01-2010, 10:20 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUBIAUR View Post
I think Marie Chantal Miller was lovely in her wedding dress
I agree, She looked Gorgeous. I also want to thank you for the absolutely wonderful pictures of Princess Grace, zubiaur Princess Grace was an amazing Lady and one of the most beautiful, refined, and elegant Ladies I can think of. I love Her dress-sense too. Sadly missed.
Angelique

Old 04-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Serene Highness

Queen Elizabeth II married lieutenant Philip Mountbatten on November 20th, 1947, at Westminster Abbey with 2,000 invited guests including most European Royalty. She wore the diamond fringe tiara, a gift from her grandmother, Queen Mary.It was the 1st royal wedding televised live in British History. Her dress was designed by Norman Hartnell who also designed her coronation gown. Her dress is one of my favorite's as it can still be worn today with only a few minor modifications.

1.The Queen and the Duke in the abbey.
2.The Queen and the Duke leaving the abbey.
3.The Queen and the Duke pose for a formal portrait.
4.The Queen and the Duke on the balcony of BP.
5.The Queens dress in detail.
6.The diamond fringe tiara the Queen wore.
7.The Queen reunited with her dress after so long.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:49 PM
Royal Highness

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc93 View Post
Queen Elizabeth II married lieutenant Philip Mountbatten on November 20th, 1947, at Westminster Abbey with 2,000 invited guests including most European Royalty. She wore the diamond fringe tiara, a gift from her grandmother, Queen Mary.It was the 1st royal wedding televised live in British History. Her dress was designed by Norman Hartnell who also designed her coronation gown. Her dress is one of my favorite's as it can still be worn today with only a few minor modifications.

1.The Queen and the Duke in the abbey.
2.The Queen and the Duke leaving the abbey.
3.The Queen and the Duke pose for a formal portrait.
4.The Queen and the Duke on the balcony of BP.
5.The Queens dress in detail.
6.The diamond fringe tiara the Queen wore.
7.The Queen reunited with her dress after so long.
This is my all time favorite Royal wedding gown. It is so beautiful and the craftsmanship is awesome.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:16 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
This is my all time favorite Royal wedding gown. It is so beautiful and the craftsmanship is awesome.
Mine too! The Queen looked so lovely especially with the Fringe tiara, one of my favorite Tiaras.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:17 AM
Serene Highness

Love it! Thanks for posting.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Royal Wedding: Vote for your favourite royal bridal gown - hellomagazine.com

I voted for Mette Marit.It should get more votes!

Tags
royal weddings, wedding dress