The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Whose bridal gown to you prefer?
Claire of Belgium 11 12.79%
Cristina of Spain 13 15.12%
Elena of Spain 0 0%
Letizia of Spain 8 9.30%
Mary of Denmark 20 23.26%
Mathilde of Belgium 4 4.65%
Maxima of the Netherlands 15 17.44%
Mette-Marit of Norway 15 17.44%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-21-2004, 02:39 PM
Commoner

I voted for Mette Marit`s dress. It`s is simple but so wonderful and elegant so it`s my favorite one just like the princess who wore it

I think Letizias and Maximas were nice but I didn`t like the collar. I have to say I wasn`t too impressed with Marys dress I just thought she would have something more elegant but of course that is just my 2cents

Old 09-21-2004, 02:44 PM
Courtier

Smile I voted for Cristina

Cristina's gown was modern, stylish and simple all at once. I love Maxima's veil though the gown was somewhat plain but not unattractive. Mathilde makes anything look great by just smiling :) Mette-Marit's gown was also stylish and well suited for her. I love the gold detailing on Letizia's gown.

Mary's gown was pretty and I do like it, but the sketch of what it was supposed to look like and what it actually looked like was very different. I think if she had worn some sort of crinoline under the gown or had the material in the actual gown was just a little more stiffer it would have looked like the sketch and all that lovely detail would have been more visable. But the gown was pretty and so was she :)

I like all those listed in the poll but you left out Mabel Wisse-Smit :)

Old 09-21-2004, 06:31 PM
Commoner

I loved Mary's dress, but honestly if I were to have my pick at another wedding gown for myself, it would be more like Princess Claire's. It's very elegant, subtle and sexy, I think!
Old 10-07-2004, 08:00 AM
Aristocracy

i voted for Maxima, i loved her dress, i think second would be Mary of Denmarki didnt like Letizia's dress
Old 10-07-2004, 10:06 AM
Courtier

Mette marit's gown is simple and beautiful I like the tissue texture
Old 10-07-2004, 10:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathérine Bergeyck
Gosh what a difficult choice...of all the gowns I just didn't like the ones of Letizia and Máxima, but all the others may well have been my favorite.

I chose the one worn by Mathilde because it was not only perfect for her (and fitted so perfectly), but also because it was perfect for the gothic townhall of Brussels where she got married.
It emphasized her beauty and happiness even more!

But other ones were great as well: Claire's because of the lace, Mary's because it was so romantic, Mette Marit's for its simplicity and unbelievable elegance.
I agree with your choices! (with perhaps a bit more emphasis on Mary's!). I absolutely adore Mathilde's wedding dress - so elegant and lovely. Mary's dress reminds me of Cristina's dress, and I love them both (adore these two princesses!). The pleats on Mary's dress made it a little bit more romantic and more prettier, but in a way too, also a bit less elegant (because it made it less streamlined).

I also love MM's dress, but that probably has a lot to do with liking MM herself and not really with the dress, which was a bit on the plain side. Claire's was just absolutely gorgeous!! Now this would be my choice for a wedding dress!

The others were fine and nice, but to me, not really all that....
Old 10-11-2004, 10:39 AM
Aristocracy

Well.....we've voted for Maxima, mostly 'cause we like it all! But then Mary's the nicest when you look at the dress itself, we loved the stuff with the skirt which made it different from the ohters' dresses - and the same with Mathilde's top, it was so nice and different as well! But Christina's is so nice too - they all are
Old 10-19-2004, 04:15 PM
Aristocracy

I voted for Maxima. In my opinion, the worst bridal goan for this type of weddings is Mary's. It is very plain.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:31 PM
Royal Highness

Claire's dress is so my style
But I don't consider Noor's dress a proper wedding dress. Sorry.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:11 AM
Gentry

I voted for Infanta Christina. It was not only the dress that was beautiful, but also the right tiara and veil that accentuated her beauty. I also liked Claire´s on. I was disappointed with Mary´s and Letizias one. The first one looked like the poor copy of the 19th century dress, and the latter looked like a coat. Letizia simply disappeared into it.
Old 12-05-2004, 01:46 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Which is your favourite wedding gown?

Hi! I'm not sure whether this has been discussed or not (I beg your pardon, if it has), but I think it would be interesting to collect some of the most beautiful wedding gowns ever worn by our royal ladies.

Here are my favourite ones:

Clare's of Belgium:
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/top...ER00093070.jpg
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/top...ER00093041.jpg

Letizia's of Spain:
http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/50...C30E9B9B114CE8
http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/50...C30E9B9B114CE8

Cristina's of Spain:
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/top...ER00127811.jpg
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/top...ER00007870.jpg
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/top...ER00007881.jpg

Monica's (wife of Fernando Gómez-Acebo) of Spain:
http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/51...57C85AE85A779B
http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/51...57C85AE85A779B
Old 12-05-2004, 02:41 PM
Aristocracy

The wedding dress that I liked the most was Mathilde's. I did not like Mable Wisse-Smit's; it had too many bows.
Old 12-05-2004, 02:50 PM
Nobility

Claire of belgium's dress was beautiful especially her veil was so nice.Does anyone who designed it? I liked CP Maximas dress, it was so simple but yet very elegant and royal.
Old 12-05-2004, 03:07 PM
Aristocracy

I think it was the same person that designed Mathilde's, Edouard Vermeulen, designer from Natan.
Old 12-05-2004, 03:11 PM
Heir Apparent

im really adores of Countess of Wessex's wedding dresses because her dresses really loose but i respectively her! and i like her veil because her veil got wind after ceremony not bad!

and i really like Crown Princess Mathilde's wedding dresses its really huge! and i like Crown Princess Maxima's dresses is so famous! and her veil and tiara really WOW! because her training more famous!

but i like late Princess Diana's wedding dresses because someone called her wedding dresses as wrinkled but im not like that as recalled that! you know her famous dresses for 23 years!

Sara Boyce
Old 12-05-2004, 04:21 PM
Aristocracy

My favourite dress is Crown Princess Mary`s!! It was so beutiful, elegant, so full of grace but also very simple!! It suited her perfectly!
Old 12-05-2004, 06:53 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Perhaps it would be funnier, if everybody posted a pic of your favourite one?... Just in case someone does not remember it... What do you think?
Old 12-05-2004, 09:11 PM
Gentry

I absolutely loved Christina of Spains dress and Crown Princess Marys' dress. They were fairly similar, and both extremely elegant. Claires dress is as equally as nice.
Old 12-05-2004, 10:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Please note that I've merged a thread started today about favourite royal bridal gowns with this older thread and poll. Although you cannot vote in the poll any longer, you can see the pictures that were posted and previous discussion on this same subject and add your own comments.

Also, have a look at this (closed) poll and thread of other beautiful bridal gowns that are not discussed as frequently, including the gown of Princess Noor Hamzah, Princess Alexandra of Berleberg, Lady Davina Windsor, Princesses Margriet and Annette of the Netherlands, among others.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3651&page=1

Alexandria
Something Old, New, Royal and Blue Moderator
Old 12-08-2004, 03:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solange
I think it was the same person that designed Mathilde's, Edouard Vermeulen, designer from Natan.
Are you sure that Mathilde's dress was by Natan?casue I read that it was by Valention so was CP Maxima's.

Tags
royal weddings, wedding dress