Official Royal Wedding Portraits

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not an official portrait, but a nice wedding picture

The Earl of Dalkeith, son of the Duke of Buccleuch and Jane McNeil, a former Hartnell model on their wedding day January 24, 1953.

Attachments

• Earl of Dalkeith, son of Duke of Buccleuch, with bride Jane McNeil, ex-Hartnell model 2 01-24-53.jpg
    Earl of Dalkeith, son of Duke of Buccleuch, with bride Jane McNeil, ex-Hartnell model 2 01-24-53.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 3,551
what about Earl and Countess of Wessex's wedding pictures and families? have no lists?

Sara Boyce

Sarah (Armstrong-Jones) and Daniel Chatto

Attachments

• SarahDanielChatto1994.jpg
    SarahDanielChatto1994.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 3,214
mgrant,

hi its Sara

im ask you about if have wedding pictures of Earl and Countess of Wessex's wedding pictures with her/his family and friends groups and couples pictures also i wanted tell you about it but you are great pictures thread!

Sara Boyce

sara1981 said:
mgrant,

hi its Sara

im ask you about if have wedding pictures of Earl and Countess of Wessex's wedding pictures with her/his family and friends groups and couples pictures also i wanted tell you about it but you are great pictures thread!

Sara Boyce
I will do my best to locate some of those pictures just for you, Sara :)

Carlo Ponti, Jr. and Andrea Meszaros

Carlo Ponti, Jr., the son of Sophia Loren and Italian movie director Carlo Ponti, married Hungarian born Andrea Meszaros September 18, 2004 at St. Stephens Basilica in Budapest, Hungary.

First Picture: Carlo Ponti, Jr. and Adrea at the Basilica
Second Picture: Andrea Meszaros on her way to her wedding
Third Picture:Sophia Loren, Carlo Ponti, Jr. Carlo Ponti, Eduard Ponti

Attachments

• Carlo Ponti, Jr. and Andrea Meszaros.jpg
    Carlo Ponti, Jr. and Andrea Meszaros.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,204
  • Carlo Ponti, Jr. - Bride Andrea Meszaros.jpg
    Carlo Ponti, Jr. - Bride Andrea Meszaros.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 1,796
  • sophia, Carlo, jr., Carlo Ponti, and Dod Ponti 09-18-04 Budapest Hungary.jpg
    sophia, Carlo, jr., Carlo Ponti, and Dod Ponti 09-18-04 Budapest Hungary.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,019
King George VI and Queen Elizabeth

Queen Beatrix and Prince Claus

King Constantine and Queen Anne Marie

Count Thierry of Limburg-Stirum and Katia della Faille de Leverghen (no idea which royal family...cute picture)

courtesy: Verena Royal Genealogical and Photo Homepage

Attachments

• elizabeth.jpg
    elizabeth.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 589
  • Beatrix.jpg
    Beatrix.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 601
  • greece.jpg
    greece.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 817
  • Katia1990.jpg
    Katia1990.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 2,118
Count Thierry of Limburg-Stirum and Katia della Faille de Leverghen (no idea which royal family...cute picture)

count Thierry de Limburg-Stirum is the eldest grandson of the late duke and
duchess of Paris. His mother is princess Hélène d'Orléans (so French royal family if you will).
Hélène married a Belgian count. Thierry grew up in Africa & Belgium.

His wife, countess Katia della Faille de Leverghem is a Belgian noble.

Eugenia, Duchess of Montoro and Francisco Rivera Ordonez (1998)

Love the cut of her gown especially the neckline. Very simple yet classy, also, love the tiara

Courtesy of Worldroots.com

Attachments

• eugenia.jpg
    eugenia.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 1,332
Wedding of Princess Prearana Rajya Laxmi Devi Shahand with Raj Bahadur Singh.
Not wedding portraits, I am afraid, but those are very hard to find.
In any case, I wanted to post wedding pictures from a non European royal family like Nepal

corbis.com

Attachments

• nepal.jpg
    nepal.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 836
  • nepal1.jpg
    nepal1.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 790
  • nepal2.jpg
    nepal2.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 1,377
Last edited:
pdas1201 said:
Wedding of Princess Prearana Rajya Laxmi Devi Shahand with Raj Bahadur Singh.
Not wedding portraits, I am afraid, but those are very hard to find.
In any case, I wanted to post wedding pictures from a non European royal family like Nepal

corbis.com
thanks pdas1201 for these pictures, actually it is the first time I know that Nepal is a royality.
And they have very differnet wedding clothes.

Safaa Batin said:
thanks pdas1201 for these pictures, actually it is the first time I know that Nepal is a royality.
And they have very differnet wedding clothes.
It's the world's only remaining Hindu Monarchy (Nepal is still classified as a Hindu state). The Princess is wearing a Sari & veil (the veil is common for North-Eastern brides on the subcontinent & in Fiji, as Fijian Indians hail from that area). The groom is wearing a "kurta pyjama" (tunic & trousers or Jodhpurs) and a "topee" (hat). Variations of Kurta pyjama are worn throughout the subcontinent.

Nepal's Shah family & the Princely Houses of India are a hobby of mine, so if you have any questions, I would be more than thrilled to answer them for you. FYI, the Nepalese Kings also undergo a very elaborate coronation ceremony. I posted pictures from King Birendra's coronation last year, but not sure if they're still around. It was a huge affair back in 1974, and was attended by a large contingent of foreign dignitaries. The Nepalese crown is also quite interesting.

For an introduction to the monarchy see the official page at:

www.nepalmonarchy.gov.np

And if you have any questions, I will be much obliged to try and answer them for you.

Sean

Sean.~ said:
It's the world's only remaining Hindu Monarchy (Nepal is still classified as a Hindu state). The Princess is wearing a Sari & veil (the veil is common for North-Eastern brides on the subcontinent & in Fiji, as Fijian Indians hail from that area). The groom is wearing a "kurta pyjama" (tunic & trousers or Jodhpurs) and a "topee" (hat). Variations of Kurta pyjama are worn throughout the subcontinent.

Nepal's Shah family & the Princely Houses of India are a hobby of mine, so if you have any questions, I would be more than thrilled to answer them for you. FYI, the Nepalese Kings also undergo a very elaborate coronation ceremony. I posted pictures from King Birendra's coronation last year, but not sure if they're still around. It was a huge affair back in 1974, and was attended by a large contingent of foreign dignitaries. The Nepalese crown is also quite interesting.

For an introduction to the monarchy see the official page at:

www.nepalmonarchy.gov.np

And if you have any questions, I will be much obliged to try and answer them for you.

Sean
actually i am only interested in the royal family of Jordan, and hardly find time to follow their news, and some times read in the forum of RF of sweden , I only very few times looked in the royality of the world forum.
i saw the website , really interesting, thank you.

Last edited:
Safaa Batin said:
actually i am only interested in the royal family of Jordan, and hardly find time to follow their news, and some times read in the forum of RF of sweden , I only very few times looked in the royality of the world forum.
i saw the website , really interesting, thank you.
Safaa, I am sure you have seen the various wedding photographs of the Prince El Hassan family in his website. There are pictures of P. Rahma and Sumaya in both European style white dresses and in traditional Indian ? Pakistani ? clothes. But none of P. Sarvath in her traditional wedding dress although I assume she must have worn one too, if her daughters did.

shelley said:
Safaa, I am sure you have seen the various wedding photographs of the Prince El Hassan family in his website. There are pictures of P. Rahma and Sumaya in both European style white dresses and in traditional Indian ? Pakistani ? clothes. But none of P. Sarvath in her traditional wedding dress although I assume she must have worn one too, if her daughters did.
yes i saw them, they worn it in the 'Henna' cermony, but about p.Sarvath traditional wedding dress I have no idea, may be she worn but they didn't put the photos in the website, as this cermony takes place in the house of the bride before the wedding day.

Safaa Batin said:
yes i saw them, they worn it in the 'Henna' cermony, but about p.Sarvath traditional wedding dress I have no idea, may be she worn but they didn't put the photos in the website, as this cermony takes place in the house of the bride before the wedding day.
I also seem to think that when P. Hassan and P. Sarvath married, in 1968, the JRF was much more private and less into press releases etc than in more recnt times. So if you say this was a private ceremony, private would have meant private, not like some of today's so called private ceremonies !

Is there a official pic of the wedding of Sophie and Edward?

liv said:
Is there a official pic of the wedding of Sophie and Edward?
i told someone about it but please post that for Earl and Countess of Wessex's wedding pictures to show it! and Sophie Curysty at HM Queen.

Sara Boyce

Ok,ok, give me some time i am almoste there.

Ok, i belive i found something, i gona still loking

Attachments

• A.JPG
    A.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 859
  • B.JPG
    B.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 2,341
Edward and Sophie´s wedding official pictures was only four.

Attachments

• 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 3,434
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 3,393
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 3,586
I like the Queen's dress. And she also wears maching shoes: so rare!

How do find all these pictures? I was looking everywhere Prince and Princess of Wessex official wedding pictures.
The only agencies I seem to know are Corbis, Colorpress, gettyimages and wireimages.
How do you find new photo agencies, do you just google them or something.

Elizabeth and Philip.

Attachments

• Walking out 2.jpg
    Walking out 2.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 1,177
  • Walking out.jpg
    Walking out.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 613
  • Throne Room, group.jpg
    Throne Room, group.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 693
  • Portrait, colour.jpg
    Portrait, colour.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 551
  • Portrait.jpg
    Portrait.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 540
Wedding of King Letsie III of Lesotho to Karabo Matsoeneng

Facts:
The celebration lasted three days
Cost: 1.5 million dollars
The groom gave the bride's family 40 heads of cattle in "lobola" or dowry

Attachments

• letsie.jpg
    letsie.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,090
  • letsie1.jpg
    letsie1.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 816
  • letsie2.jpg
    letsie2.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 643
  • letsie3.jpg
    letsie3.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 745
  • letsie4.jpg
    letsie4.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 556
Wedding of Rajkumari (princess) Diya Kumari of the royal family of Jaipur to Narendra Singh

I found mostly black and white pictures ( I wish they were in color), as Indian wedding dresses are truly colorful and beautiful with fine detail...

Attachments

• diya.jpg
    diya.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 1,530
  • diya1.jpg
    diya1.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 608
  • diya2.jpg
    diya2.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 479
  • diya3.jpg
    diya3.jpg