Official Royal Wedding Portraits

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm looking for the wedding potrait of Georg Friedrich and Sophie of Prussia. I don't mean the single ones, but the family picture. Does anyone have it ?

Does such a picture exist?

Yes it was in the big Bunte wedding report.
It was nr.35 if I remember it well

I would not be surprised if the referred to picture is only to be found in the magazine.

But I did some Googling and I think I found the intended picture:

http://i2.bunte.de/img/gen/e/F/HBeFlotE_762xA.jpg.

Love the picture of Freddie & Sophie, the make such a cute couple, IMO.

I Like Very Much Lord Frederick Windsore & Sophie and I Like Very Too Prince Felip & Princess Letizia , Very Nice Weddings Portraits , Thanx martina

The first wedding photo of Princess Margaret and Antony with the wedding party and family members is definitely splendid.
The blue of Queen Elizabeth II's outfit is a cheerful blue that is wonderfully serene.
The bridesmaids are very lovely.

:previous: The family wedding portrait was nice but William & Catherine appeared too stiff in their wedding portraits, IMO. I wished they were able to relax before the pictures were taken. Everything was rushed and I expected a portrait of the couple with the royal family and foreign royals too. It just didn't turn out the way I thought it would.

The bend in Catherine's dress on the right side makes me cringe every time I see their wedding pics. How could someone at that photoshoot have NOT seen it?!?

The bend in Catherine's dress on the right side makes me cringe every time I see their wedding pics. How could someone at that photoshoot have NOT seen it?!?

I wonder was the designer of the dress and stylist were on hand for the photoshoot?

I just wished William & Catherine were able to relax for the shoot. I think they appeared to stiff and I don't think they had much time to straighten things out for the shoot. From what I understand, everything was rushed.

This is a official royal wedding portraits of Duke and Duchess of Cambridge with their family.
prince-william-440.jpg

When I was the photographer, I would have requested to enlit the crystal chandeliers to create more 'life' in the photograph. It is also "too red" with the canopy, the dais ánd the carpet in (different teints of) red. Out of the so many possible stately rooms in Buckingham Palace, this was an unlucky choice. Needless to say that it is my personal opinion: taste is in the eye of the beholder.

:flowers:

When I was the photographer, I would have requested to enlit the crystal chandeliers to create more 'life' in the photograph. It is also "too red" with the canopy, the dais ánd the carpet in (different teints of) red. Out of the so many possible stately rooms in Buckingham Palace, this was an unlucky choice. Needless to say that it is my personal opinion: taste is in the eye of the beholder.

:flowers:

Yeah but the Throne Room is where the royals traditionally take their official wedding portraits. I just think a relaxed couple and different poses would've made the difference.

I wonder was the designer of the dress and stylist were on hand for the photoshoot?

I just wished William & Catherine were able to relax for the shoot. I think they appeared to stiff and I don't think they had much time to straighten things out for the shoot. From what I understand, everything was rushed.

You would think the designer or sylist was there and would have caught that.

I remember talk about how rushed the photographer was. If you look at the above picture and the one of just William & Catherine, they are in the exact same pose. I wonder if they put them on their marks, took the picture, then brought the families in for that picture.

Agree... I noticed that Pippa is always good on portraits... she has a bright smile:)

The Royal Wedding - A look back at the royal wedding of 1981.
DIANA-WEDDING-slide-DMG7-blog480.jpg

:previous: Ah, the ultimate tribute to a Lady, that has got to be the most romantic photo and to be honest more so than the kisses that everyone is yelling for. Those are dime a dozen but that . . . pure romance. :wub: :hug:

I saw a lot of beautiful pictures of royal weddings through the years from different royal fans of this royal forum. Somebody might not realised, that romantic novelist the late Barbara Cartland (related to the late Lady Diana Spencer) has written a book
" Romantic Royal Marriages" very educational & interesting for royal fans, with beautiful black & white pictures, colour paintings (historical portraits} of past royals for example like HM William I, the Conqueror & Matilda of Flanders (1200), HM King John & Isabella Aquitaine (1200), HM King Edward I & Eleanor of Castile (1254) HM Mary, Queen of France & The Duke of Suffolk (1515), Shah Jehan, Emperor of India & Begum Mumtaz Mahal (1612), HM Louis XIV, the Sun King & Madame de Maintenon 1683 and many more up to HRH The Prince of Wales & The (late) Lady Diana Spencer, including European royal marriages through the centuries. The pictures are a mix of paintings, b/w photographs and colours.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom