The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-14-2005, 07:42 AM
Heir Apparent

i've noticed something...most royal brides wear dresses that cover the shoulders...aren't Royals allowed to marry in sleeveless gown?

Old 01-14-2005, 08:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary_nugent
i've noticed something...most royal brides wear dresses that cover the shoulders...aren't Royals allowed to marry in sleeveless gown?
i think they're allowed,princess martha louise took off her coat during the reception and her dress was sleevless
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	79407  

Old 01-14-2005, 04:27 PM
Courtier

Many churches have had rules in the past or still have rules about women covering their shoulders for decorum. Since many Kings are the heads of their country's churches, they must abide by more "old fashioned" traditions.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionista100
If someone could post a picture of Princess Diana's dress and Mariah Carey's dress, they are almost identical. Mariah told designer Vera Wang to copy Diana's dress b/c she was fasinated by the wedding as a young girl.
is this the dress you're talking about?
I can see some similarities..in the skirt and maybe the viel and train. But the sleeves are totally different, so are the bodice and collar.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	594
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	79654   Click image for larger version

Name:	1a.jpg
Views:	531
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	79655   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	516
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	79656   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	79657  

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	79658   Click image for larger version

Name:	4b.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	79660   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	79662  
Old 01-14-2005, 11:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenanne
The gown worn by Princess Mia in "The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement" was really, really similar to Princess Claire of Belgium's, right down to the tiaras.
who's princess mia?she looks beautifull
Old 01-15-2005, 12:50 AM
Courtier

not always gowns are same,it seems princess martha louise copied the bouquet of princess carolina
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Carolina de Mónaco.jpg
Views:	527
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	79778   Click image for larger version

Name:	galeria18_6.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	79779  
Old 01-15-2005, 02:35 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_girl
who's princess mia?she looks beautifull
The role of Princess Mia was played by Anne Hathaway, who was discovered by director Gary Marshal and also played the princess in the first Princess Diaries. She has also played Ella in "Ella Enchanted".:)
"At times....I think that if you lifted my heart to your ear, you could hear the ocean. Yet sometimes, when the wind is warm or the crickets sing...I dream of a love for which even time will lie down and be still."
Old 01-16-2005, 09:45 PM
Nobility

In Christian churches woman (bride and guests) are not permitted to enter bare-shouldered. That is why when Sophie and Edward married in the evening and female guests came in evening attire there was a special mention in the invitation that they wear jackets or shawls over their shoulders. When my sister married last year she specifically wore a jacket over her dress and was subsequently thanked by the priest who said he was sick of bare shouldered brides being disrespectful in his church. This is why all Christian European brides are dressed so modestly. Frankly I think they look much prettier than celebrity brides or many brides one sees in every day life.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:31 PM
Serene Highness

hey look its heidi

can i say that princess caroline look a lot like a grown up heidi or maybe a princess lea from star wars, or is that wrong?
and i really love watching lady di marry prince charles but i never notice,untill now, that her sleeves are so puffie. i guess that was the 80's for ya.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:04 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenanne
The gown worn by Princess Mia in "The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement" was really, really similar to Princess Claire of Belgium's, right down to the tiaras.
Yes!!:) I noticed it also when I was watching the movie
Old 08-13-2005, 08:28 AM
Majesty

have you seen any more wedding gowns that look a like
Old 08-14-2005, 09:11 PM
Gentry

Princess Claire of Belgium's dress is very similar to supermodel Claudia Schiffer's wedding dress also.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:34 AM
Gentry

Sophie does copy Diana, I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
in a lot of pics of both diana & sophie. its like sophie copies diana style of dress. so i'm not surprise that sophie's dress looks a lot like diana. it would be nice if people could be a litte more inventive dont u think?
Semisquare: I'm not sure if I agree that the wedding dresses were alike...but it certainly seems she copied Diana's hair on her wedding day. What I mean is - Sophie copied the way Diana looked just before her passing, not copying Diana on HER wedding day. I agree, it would be nice if people could be a little bit more inventive. I think finally Sophie has tried to look like herself and not copy Diana - but that's another thread, I guess.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:00 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by james
In Christian churches woman (bride and guests) are not permitted to enter bare-shouldered. (...) This is why all Christian European brides are dressed so modestly.

And what about the dress of Cristina of Spain?
Old 08-27-2005, 11:54 AM
Aristocracy

Claire & Anita

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...chmentid=78764 http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=186032

Princess Claire and Princess Anita!!!
Old 10-11-2006, 05:07 AM
Royal Highness

I've always thought that CP Marie-Chantal's dress looked alot like Princess Grace's. I'm sure Valentino changed the skirt slightly though because in the news reels of the wedding you can tell Princess Grace had trouble moving it it (stairs, etc.)

I hadn't noticed that Princess Claire of Belgium's dress was similar to Princess Mia's though. Good eye!
Old 10-11-2006, 05:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardinha
Princess Claire Rules! (so does 'Princess Mia')
Old 10-17-2006, 05:06 AM
Gentry

does anyone have Claudia schieffer dress?
Old 11-21-2006, 08:05 AM
Aristocracy

I think the bodices of Laetitia Bechtolf's and Clementine Hambro's dresses look quite similar, even if Laetitia's gown is much more refined...

Source: Seeger Press

Source:unknown
Old 01-18-2007, 08:13 PM
Nobility

Sibilla and Tessy Anthony too.. very similars gowns... and beautifuls...

Tags
lookalikes, royal weddings, wedding dress