Least Favourite Royal Wedding Dress

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
YOWZER! I had never seen this picture an aerial shot of Princess Mabel's wedding gown. Now, I do think that she has her own unique style and sometimes its good and sometimes its bad but on her wedding day..................................................boy, that is one ugly train on that gown.

MissSaga said:
Considering how great she can look, Letizia didn't look very special on her wedding day ..

I agree. I think the dress looked "too heavy" on her tiny body. Also the fabric was too "stiff" .... in addition to her face expression, who IMHO belonged to someone who was truly terrified...

I would say that "the dress ate the Princess" that day. :ermm:

semisquare said:
that was only the begining of her bad choice in clothing

funny thing, Mabel's dress (and all of her clothes, accessories, hair and make-up) keep coming back on the threads as basically all time worst ever, probably more than anyone else. surely someone picked a worse dress than poor Mabel.

i bet she's a really lovely person too:flowers:

ladybelline said:
Another view here:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v712/elissag/mabel204.jpg

In fact, the bows are awful, but if you ignore them...the gown could be OK!!!:D
That gown, indeed, would truly have been one of the best if Mabel had chucked those bows! I mean, look at the cut of the dress, the material & fabric used, the color, everything was actually perfect and flattering about that dress for this particular bride. Except for those bows! What a shame.:ohmy::bang:

Verde Esmeralda said:
I agree. I think the dress looked "too heavy" on her tiny body. Also the fabric was too "stiff" .... in addition to her face expression, who IMHO belonged to someone who was truly terrified...

I would say that "the dress ate the Princess" that day. :ermm:
Coulndt agree more! And her hair..it looked like she hadn't washed it in days, it looked stringy. An otherwise truly luminous woman was drowning in that dress that day. Wrong dress for such a tiny girl.

Yes, she looked like Snow White wearing her stepmother's gown! :lol:

princess olga said:
Coulndt agree more! And her hair..it looked like she hadn't washed it in days, it looked stringy. An otherwise truly luminous woman was drowning in that dress that day. Wrong dress for such a tiny girl.

princess olga said:
That gown, indeed, would truly have been one of the best if Mabel had chucked those bows! I mean, look at the cut of the dress, the material & fabric used, the color, everything was actually perfect and flattering about that dress for this particular bride. Except for those bows! What a shame.:ohmy::bang:

Quite true. I thought the dress could've been one of the most favorable wedding gowns of today if it wasn't for those hideous bows.:sick:

I did wonder what Mabel's dress would like without the bows- I was always a bit doubtful about it. I tried it, with photoshop, and the result? A huge improvement (how could it not be?), but the dress ended up with the bodice looking a little unfitted. It would be great if it was perfectly tailored, or if there was just a tiny bit of decoration on it, or something.

Yeah, without the bows, the dress looks a zillion times better. It actually looks like Maxima's wedding dress, now that I think about it. But yeah, maybe just some bows around the waist, or one in the back attaching the train would have been a lot nicer and more aesthetically pleasing.

they do.....scary, isn't it?

I never really realized it- Friso got away without wearing a bowtie! How'd that happen? :)

LadyK said:
they do.....scary, isn't it?

I never really realized it- Friso got away without wearing a bowtie! How'd that happen? :)

OMG GET OUT OF MY HEAD! :lol:

I just posted something about that. ;)

Hahaha- Sister Morphine, you just posted the exact thing I was, just a few seconds before!

edit- after seeing Sister Morphine's next post, after just submitting the exact same thing: Ok, now this is getting scary.....

Last edited:
LadyK said:
I did wonder what Mabel's dress would like without the bows- I was always a bit doubtful about it. I tried it, with photoshop, and the result? A huge improvement (how could it not be?), but the dress ended up with the bodice looking a little unfitted. It would be great if it was perfectly tailored, or if there was just a tiny bit of decoration on it, or something.

Still, that's much better. The material seems to flow. Great job!:flowers:

LadyK said:

Perhaps more fitted through the waist...lace at waist only...small thin ribbon with a flat bow??? Mabel gets her bows and a fashion prize?

I think even one bow would always put me in the habit of thinking of the original dress. (cringe, cringe)

I agree both for Laura Ponte and Mabel Wisse Smit.

I would add Marie Chantal Miller: her dres was a copy of Princess Grace, but I don-t really think it fits her...and I don't like the veil and tiara either.

I agree to every word you said;
about thouse terrible bows
and about Maire Chantal's dress that was a copy of P. Grace, but it did'nt flatter her at all

i think hands down mabels is the WORST (i like the photoshopped photo, it looks elegant) those bows are the tackiest thing i've ever seen on anyone. but it's not surprising mabel isn't known for her good taste.

Princess Mabel`s weddingdress would look stunning without the bows:)

Last edited:
Definately Mabel and her bow monstrosity! The photoshopped version is much better, which leads me to the question "Why didn't they just stop there?" Is it because it resembles Maxima's dress too much? Who decided the dress needed something more? Whoever it is should be locked up and heavily medicated!:lol: Just kidding!

I just want to say that next to the "Worst Royal Jewels and Tiaras" topic, no other Royal Forums topic has made me laugh harder than this one! I feel guilty for saying it but I just love it...keep it coming LOL!

Ugghh...it looks like toilet paper! Worst train ever!!!

Mabel's is definitely the worst I've seen till now. Proves that simplicity is the best advisor ...

Ugghh...it looks like toilet paper! Worst train ever!!!
No, not toilet paper, that is flimsy and whatever other adjectives used to describe it, flimsy is definitely not one of them. :ermm:

In fact, that awful view from above makes it look like a very large flag, or maybe an SOS to Aliens to come save her. :beamup:

When all is said (and wow, an awful lot has be said about 'that' train), youhave to give credit where it is due. The sheer stamina it must have taken to haul that thing up a very long aisle and not be overheated, perspiring and gasping for breath and a glass or two of water is very impressive, formidable even! :seestars:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom