Least Favourite Royal Wedding Dress

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Scott said:
I am hoping someone may be able to put me straight on the colour of the "motive" (would you call it that?) on the wedding dress of Letizia. In some photos it looks to be silver in colour and yet in the photos of the Wedding Dress Exhibitiion in Madrid the colour looks as though it could be gold thread. No matter the colour, the dress was really lovely, especially the neckline which reminded me of Princess Mathilde of Belgium's wedding dress.

Thank you in advance
Scott

Dear Scott,

Why don't you take a look at this link

You will be able to see details, kindly posted by fanletizia, of Princess Letizia wedding gown...

Or you could go and check the Princes' wedding thread (to be honest I went to pick some picture details on Princess Letizia gown but, as always, I get lost :eek: and in few moments I can't even remember why I got there :D), but you are right, in some pictures details look silver, in other pictures details look golden.

Enjoy!!

Regards,

mtbcm :)

mtbcm said:
Dear Scott,

Why don't you take a look at this link

You will be able to see details, kindly posted by fanletizia, of Princess Letizia wedding gown...

Or you could go and check the Princes' wedding thread (to be honest I went to pick some picture details on Princess Letizia gown but, as always, I get lost :eek: and in few moments I can't even remember why I got there :D), but you are right, in some pictures details look silver, in other pictures details look golden.

Enjoy!!

Regards,

Thank you so much mtbcm for pointing out the two threads. They were actually the ones which confused me in the first place :confused: After looking at them again I think I will go with 51% gold to 49% Silver, as the "close up" photos definately look like gold thread. I guess the only way I could find out for sure would be to travel to Madrid and see the exhibition!!!! :)

Many thanks for your help anyway.

Regards
Scott

I will always have a special place in my heart for Diana's wrinkled dress. I remember being 6 years old and watching that wedding. She embodied everything a princess should be, that dress, though heavily creased, was still perfect for Diana.

I liked the colour of Mary's dress, but didn't like the skirt. It would have been nicer if it would have just been plain, without the folds.

Scott said:
One of the most beautiful winter wedding dresses (coat and dress underneath) I have seen was at one of the Hapsburg weddings. I am sory I am not sure of the couples title but I think their names were Francesca Thyssen-Bornemisza (?) and Karl of Austria. I know there are photos of the wedding here on this Board. It was another very romantic wedding in the snow.

Scott

I do agree with you, Scott. It was a Versace gown, a true piece of couture and you can have a glimpse of it in this link:

http://www.royal-magazin.de/austria/hochzeit.htm

I am still a little clueless about why several members are posting their favorite wedding dress, since the thread is titled 'Brides that didn't look good on their special day.'

Please read the title of the thread and post accordingly.

pdas1201
Old, New, Royal and Blue Supermoderator

I don't think Yasmine who married Reza Phalavi didn't looked good at all. The dress was horrible, I know it was the 80's but still... other brides managed to look good in the 80's like Sarah Duchess of York and Diana Princess of Wales. The tiara of fake blossoms was over the top, I'm suprised she didn't get to borrow a tiara from her mother in law. Anyways this is a typical 80's wedding dress and I give it two thumbs down. I would've liked to see her in a full skirt instead of this tight one.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=83218&d=1106397360

HRHAmy said:
I don't think Yasmine who married Reza Phalavi didn't looked good at all. The dress was horrible, I know it was the 80's but still... other brides managed to look good in the 80's like Sarah Duchess of York and Diana Princess of Wales. The tiara of fake blossoms was over the top, I'm suprised she didn't get to borrow a tiara from her mother in law. Anyways this is a typical 80's wedding dress and I give it two thumbs down. I would've liked to see her in a full skirt instead of this tight one.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=83218&d=1106397360

I didn't think Yasmine's dress was that bad, sure it could have been better but there's real potential for a pretty dress there.

i think the world was told that sophie's dressed must fit to the pages. and that the pages had costumes which looked like there were older was published because the queen mother designed them!
so i think it was a great idea of them!

HRHAmy said:

:) Hard to say if she looked good or not, actually taste is a very individual thing. About the tiara - I completely agree with you an I actually wonder if Farah has any tiaras now....She had fabulous jewels while she was the Empress of Iran, but I don't think I saw her wearing a tiara after the revolution in Iran. Maybe she didn't take any with her, or she didn't buy any tiaras after that...Does anybody have a picture of Farah wearing a tiara after leaving Iran? It would be very interesting to see. :)

I was wondering if a royal bride has the option not to wear a tiara like Paola did?

I think that with the right dress a tiara would look lovely...
Some girls go overboard and wear these huge tiaras..but there are some really nice and simple pieces that can be worn

bonnita said:
I was wondering if a royal bride has the option not to wear a tiara like Paola did?

It was an old tradition of brides to wear orange bloom tiaras... Some royal brides wanted to keep this romantic trend... Countess of Barcelona (King Juan Carlos' mother) also used one in her wedding...

I am editing the message because I have just noticed that Princess Astrid of Sweden (future Queen Astrid of Belgium) used a flower tiara too...

So, I guess from every decade a romantic royal bride choose this trend...

Regards,

Last edited:
Olka said:
:) Hard to say if she looked good or not, actually taste is a very individual thing. About the tiara - I completely agree with you an I actually wonder if Farah has any tiaras now....She had fabulous jewels while she was the Empress of Iran, but I don't think I saw her wearing a tiara after the revolution in Iran. Maybe she didn't take any with her, or she didn't buy any tiaras after that...Does anybody have a picture of Farah wearing a tiara after leaving Iran? It would be very interesting to see. :)

She wasn't allowed to take any of the jewels she had out of Iran, they had to stay in the country. I think they are property of Iran, I believe they are on display in a museum in Iran.

yep, bonnita, she did. i checked on Getty Images.

now what was she thinking...:confused: :eek:

She was going through a rebellious phase. She was pregnant, and she claimed that her parents had tried to force her to have an abortion because the father of her child was a working-class photographer and that when she refused, they made her get married. She went to the press with a long "poor me" story about how her wicked parents were sacrificing her on the altar of royal respectability, and she gave one of the tabloid newspapers a copy of a letter she'd written to the Queen asking for her help.

I think the black dress was a statement about how she was being made to go through with the marriage for the sake of her parentts' sense of propriety.

The marriage lasted about 7 years. She's only rarely been seen at royal events, both during and after the marriage. The Queen doesn't seem to like having her relations go to the tabloid newspapers with their dirty linen.

Shame, thats sounds so terrible!!

Is she divorce now?

Last edited by a moderator:
ditto. to be going through such a big event like that while you're feeling that way, well...i just hope she'll see better days and be happy. ;)

(Photo from Diez Minutos, originally posted at their wedding thread)

I think her dress is stunning and she is rather cute but why did she put her crown over her veil??

(Photo from SeegerPress originally posted at their wedding thread)

Her Dress makes her look like a Sausage!

Oh the crown over the veil is really tacky, and the rest of the outfit is lovely. I wonder what she thinks when she looks at the pictures now. the tiara looks like something from the Miss Universe contest

I also thought teh same thing, her dress looks lovely tho but teh veil makes her look bad!

Did anyone see the wedding ofg Lindi Rama of Bali?? she is a princess

I didn't like the weddingdress of Sophie Ryes Jones (Of wessex)
It seemed as if it was 4 sizes too big! :eek:

bonnita said:
Did anyone see the wedding ofg Lindi Rama of Bali?? she is a princess

Hi bonnita,
There aren't any pictures of Lindy Rama, Anak Agung, Princess of Bali's wedding to Michael Klim on the internet, but there were a few pages of pictures in an Australia magazine New Idea.
If you like I could scan the magazine for you and post them
Just PM me!

Well, I have to agree with those who didn't like Diana's dress. The material was beautiful but the design was overblown, overdone on top, and concealed rather than emphasized Diana's lovely long figure. It had no sophistication at all, and Diana herself mentioned years later that she hated it in retrospect.

I also did not like the Countess of Wessex's ensemble, especially the clunky pearl necklace that Edward designed for her. It was boring.

I also did not care for Pss. Caroline's first wedding outfit. It looked like an illustration out of a "Mother Goose" picture book.

Lastly, and surprisingly, I was very disappointed in Letizia's wedding dress. The dress itself was beautiful, but it totally overwhelmed her tiny figure. She looked swamped by it and the circular train kept folding over on itseld and making it even less possible than usual in these dresses for the bride to move, let alone walk gracefully. That dress was suitable for a tall woman, not a tiny one.

I keep wondering WHY all these dresses are designed to deprive the bride of any chance of moving gracefully. There must be some way to use materials and a design that allow the bride to move well, instead of having to teeter along, almost completely dependent on their bridesmaids to turn around.

Ah, Thanks Jess Rulz, she is quite a beautiful lady!!!

That is true, waxwing, some of teh dress are so shapeless and they pay such top designers for them!

bonnita said:
Ah, Thanks Jess Rulz, she is quite a beautiful lady!!!

No worries bonnita! :)
I'll make a thread for their wedding as soon as new threads can be made!
But, in case anyone wants to see her dress, here's the official photo

Dress designed by Toni Maticevski
Image: Scanned from New Idea

good lord! not only are her breasts practically falling out of the dress, but it looks like she tore open a feather pillow right before she got dressed and some of the feathers got stuck on her dress! trashy, trashy, trashy is all I have to say.

Back
Top Bottom