Least Favourite Royal Wedding Dress

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
crisiñaki said:
Mabel is going to pass to history (along with Princess Margarite, but don't make me go there:mad: ) as the Dutch Royal woman with the biggest set of scandals and bad press; God, not even Camila got that kind of media slaughter when she was Charles' "significant third" and that's saying something; I agree with some of you, she must really like to be talked about even if it's all bad things; that woman has the worst friendship circle in the world and seems to be dressed by the enemy, so...

Ooops...I think you misunderstood me...:(I was assuming that Mabel liked her dress and was pleased with the results. Wasn't bringing up scandals or anything negative. "Unbowed" was implied about her attitude toward her dress. That really was a bad pun... :(

pinklady1991 said:
Ooops...I think you misunderstood me...:(I was assuming that Mabel liked her dress and was pleased with the results. Wasn't bringing up scandals or anything negative. "Unbowed" was implied about her attitude toward her dress. That really was a bad pun... :(

Hey, don't worry, the thing is I have wanted to say that about Mabel for quite a while actually and you gave me the perfect opening so...

But it wasn't about you, it was about me and my *evilness*:D

Silivia looked lovely becos she is a very beautiful lady but her dress was rather plain

I rather liked Siliva's dress , sometimes less is more.

Last edited:
She became Queen the moment she said 'I do'.

I also feel the same way, u notice her and not the dress so much but she would have looked grand in something else!! she has this beauty about her, kinda like how Mathilde lloked on her wedding day?

pinklady1991 said:
Was Silvia already queen when she married? The dress does have a bit of a "70s feel" to it...but it is simple and lovely. Again, an instance where she wore the dress, it didn't wear her (i.e, you noticed her not just the dress).

well silvia and carl gustaf got married 1976 so it would be a rather correct that she wore a 70 style dress

Monica martin Lupe (GettyImages)

Not very attractive, too embellised!!

Last edited by a moderator:
If I am not mistaken, it is a bridal winter coat with the bridal dress below. The dress is revealed afterwards during the wedding banquet/party.

Actually, i have not seen many of those here, but I do recall my eldest cousin wearing something similar at her wedding.

I was a kid but I recall we used to have real winters back then, so she wore a similar gown to that one - a bridal winter overcoat with a bridal dress below- so on her wedding pictures she seemed to wear a gown in the church ceremony and a different one in the party.:D

"If I am not mistaken, it is a bridal winter coat with the bridal dress below. The dress is revealed afterwards during the wedding banquet/party."

Oh, then that makes much more sense. Thanks:)

the thread dowsnt haev any of her takin of teh coat so maybe it is the dress itself?

galuhcandrakirana said:
Personaly I like Alexandra's wedding gown it's style realy suitable for Denmark winter...but her hairstyle is not my favorite one, its too big and with her big veils its looked more dominant than her tiara :confused: .

I love the kind of Laura ponte veils (embroderry) but the gown so :confused: :eek: :eek:

She has defenitely improved after her wedding, wardrobe wise :)

fandesacs2003 said:
For me the BEST of our days : MARY of Denmark, unforgettable, full of Majesty!!!!
The worst : Letizia of Spain. It's a bad miracle, how this nice girl, who looked so stunning in both her appearances in the Danish wedding (Absolute beauty and chic!!!) and also in the eve of her own wedding (fabulous Capriley grey pearl dress) within a couple of hours, I mean the next morning she could look so bad !! Awful hair, bad vale and wrongly worn tiara, too heavy for her, made her look shorter and having a little head in the top of a big and loooong shapeless body.
Instead of making her look higher and majestuous beside the very tall Felipe (1m 97cm!!!) they made her look very short, without neck at all !!! She was giving the impression as unable to move! Poor girl, i do not know if they obliged her to take this old Pertegaz or if it was her own choice, but what a pitty!!!
As regards Diana, I've saw her dress which was exposed in Kensington Palace, when she was still alive. It's made under different fashion opinion!!
Now I can not judge it, it provokes such bad feelings !!! so no opinion!
Quite funny :) I think exactly the opposite. Letizia's dress was gorgeous and Mary's was a mess...

fandesacs2003 said:
The idea and goal of any wedding dress is to make the bride look better that she is every day, and IMO Letizia looked worst than usually, they uglied her, and they shorted her. The tiary was maybe placed correctly but it did not fit to her, so it should have been placed in another way. The goal is not to show the tiara, it is to show the bride nice, and this was failed. Letizia is quite pretty IMO, you really can make her apprearing stunning (as the day before), but this day they made the opposite.

As for Mary, her vale was placed exactly as a Moyen Age vale, the whole conception of the dress was this, it fitted her and make her look like a Castle lady, a Queen.
I think it made Mary look like a made rather than a Queen :)

Infanta Paulette said:
I thought I posted this before but i dont see my post in here hmm.

Well I think Princess Sayako looked terrible at her wedding. The dress is very ill fitting. Not flattering at all.
yes, there's a shocking contrast between the high quality of the cut, and the ill fitting to the Princess figure.

Last edited by a moderator:
hania said:
what makes u say that about Mary?
well, She is a lovely lady, don't get me wrong. However, her skirt was quite a mess with all those "aprons". Actually, come to think of it, nothing worked for her: her hair, tiara etc.

hofburg said:
well, She is a lovely lady, don't get me wrong. However, her skirt was quite a mess with all those "aprons". Actually, come to think of it, nothing worked for her: her hair, tiara etc.

Daring to enrage most of the people here, I also must admit that I didn't like Mary's dress at all :eek: , and I did like Letizia's dress:) . But both ceremonies were lovely, and apart from Mary's dress, everything else was really good, and I wasn't looking at her dress that much, I was much more concentrated on her happy face.:)

I actually like Mary's dress very much. I loved especially the neckline and the sleeves. At first I was not to sure about the skirt but if you look closely it does show off the 200 (?) year old lace that is made to look like an underskirt/petticoat peeping out from beneath the folds of the skirt. I think the colour - that pearl effect was great. I was not to keen on the train, I think it would have looked nicer shorter (not too much) and with a different shape - more like Alexandra her ex sister-in-laws train.

I cannot say I was overly enthused about the Tiara as it somehow got "lost" in the veil and the hairdo. BUT I still think she was a very beautiful bride and the whole wedding was a joy to watch.

Scott said:
... I cannot say I was overly enthused about the Tiara as it somehow got "lost" in the veil and the hairdo. BUT I still think she was a very beautiful bride and the whole wedding was a joy to watch.

I also think she was a very beautiful bride and the wedding was very romantic. It's just the dress I didn't like. But everyone has their own opinion. If Mary liked it and felt comfortable in it, then it's ok for me.

melissajames said:
Who are they? :confused:

Very good looking couple! :p

That is Princess Zahra, the Aga Khan's daughter, and her husband Mark Boyden at their wedding in 1997.

Little_star said:
That is Princess Zahra, the Aga Khan's daughter, and her husband Mark Boyden at their wedding in 1997.

Thanks Little_star :p

Zahra is very beautiful (I love her features) and Mark is very handsome too.
Do they have any children? If so I am sure they will be very good looking too! :cool:

Zahra's mother is British, Princess Salimah (although her and the Aga Khan have been divorced for years, you may remember his 2nd wife the begum Inaara). The Aga Khan is also of mixed race origins, his father was Prince Ali Solomon Khan his mother Joan Yarde-Bueller.

the following link has more info on the Aga Khan:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aga_Khan_IV

Zahra and her husband have 2 children, I think. Or at least 2 that I know of!

Little_star said:
Zahra's mother is British, Princess Salimah (although her and the Aga Khan have been divorced for years, you may remember his 2nd wife the begum Inaara). The Aga Khan is also of mixed race origins, his father was Prince Ali Solomon Khan his mother Joan Yarde-Bueller.

the following link has more info on the Aga Khan:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aga_Khan_IV

Zahra and her husband have 2 children, I think. Or at least 2 that I know of!

Thanks again ;)

Very interesting family history. :cool:

Yes, I have heard of Princess Begum, I remember thinking the name a little unusual when I first heard it.

I am hoping someone may be able to put me straight on the colour of the "motive" (would you call it that?) on the wedding dress of Letizia. In some photos it looks to be silver in colour and yet in the photos of the Wedding Dress Exhibitiion in Madrid the colour looks as though it could be gold thread. No matter the colour, the dress was really lovely, especially the neckline which reminded me of Princess Mathilde of Belgium's wedding dress.

Thank you in advance
Scott

ravergirl said:
"If I am not mistaken, it is a bridal winter coat with the bridal dress below. The dress is revealed afterwards during the wedding banquet/party."

Oh, then that makes much more sense. Thanks:)

One of the most beautiful winter wedding dresses (coat and dress underneath) I have seen was at one of the Hapsburg weddings. I am sory I am not sure of the couples title but I think their names were Francesca Thyssen-Bornemisza (?) and Karl of Austria. I know there are photos of the wedding here on this Board. It was another very romantic wedding in the snow.

Scott

Last edited:
I just love winter weddings. I think that they are so romantic with the snow, especially if they are at night!

Back
Top Bottom