Facts About British Royal Brides

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The fact that other girls were lucky and went on to have other children doesn't mean that Margaret Beaufort possibly, indeed probably, didn't suffer gynaecological damage from giving birth to her sole offspring when SHE was thirteen, though.

I never sadi that she didn't suffer gynaecological damage, perhaps she did.. but we don't know for certain.

Who was the first British royal bride to carry a bouquet?

Who was the first British royal bride to carry a bouquet?

Thank you for sending me on a new research mission. I looked at Charlotte of Wales and Caroline of Brunswick, two weddings that are well documented. I find no mention of wedding flowers. There are several articles on British royal wedding bouquets but they all start with Victoria.

At least most Royal wedding bouquets of the past were seen and documented. The Queen Mother's wedding bouquet (reputed to contain white heather and white roses, myrtle presumably, and a whole lot of greenery,) was laid by the QM on the tomb of the Unknown Soldier at WA when Elizabeth entered the Abbey and so never appeared in news film of the time or photos. Elizabeth's brother Fergus had been killed in 1915.

Last edited:
Thank you for sending me on a new research mission. I looked at Charlotte of Wales and Caroline of Brunswick, two weddings that are well documented. I find no mention of wedding flowers. There are several articles on British royal wedding bouquets but they all start with Victoria.

Kyle, It is terrific that you have a new research mission. Are not the weddings of Plantagenent, Tudor, and Stuart brides recorded so as to include information about possible wedding bouquets?

The marriage of Edward, Prince of Wales to Joan of Kent was set to afford Edward the status of being the first Plantagenet king to be married to a divorced mother since Henry II wed Eleanor of Aquitaine.

The marriage of Edward, Prince of Wales to Joan of Kent was set to afford Edward the status of being the first Plantagenet king to be married to a divorced mother since Henry II wed Eleanor of Aquitaine.

Pope Clement VI annulled Joan's marriage to Lord Salisbury in 1349 and she married Thomas Holland, Earl of Kent he died in 1360.
Lady Joan married Edward, the Black Prince in 1361.

Rules the Royals have to follow on their wedding day

Back
Top Bottom