Hairstyles of Royal Brides

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My favourite one was Crown Princess Mary hairstyle.

I like Mette- Marit and Mathilde's wedding hairstyles the best.

I liked Mary's hairstyle but I have read that she used fake hair as well to add volume. I think we are all in agreement that Diana's hairstyle was horrible on her wedding day. It flopped.

Thank you for the pictures, azrayy. I've always thought Haya looked gorgeous on her wedding day.
I also really liked Mette-Marit's hair.

Roshanah said:
These are my favourites, theres not a bad thing I can say about this. The Danish designed Wedding Rings, Dress, Hairstyle, bouquet. Perfection at it's best. :flowers:

Totally agree with that- mary looked stunning :)

Princess of Monaco said:
I love the Letizia hair style of her wedding was beautiful

2004-princess-leticia.JPEG

Source: Meaus.com
I respectfully disagree completely. Look at that hair: it looks dirty, stringy, as if it hasn't been washed in a week. The way it looks like it's collapsing under the weight of the veil, too is just ugly. A bad hairdo all around, ghastly even. Such a beautiful woman, it managed-almost- to make this stunner look, well, cheap, as if the hair was colored by a haircolorist from a Madrid ghetto or something. This hair is the worst she's had it, ever! :sad:

Penny Lane said:
I like Mette- Marit and Mathilde's wedding hairstyles the best.
I must add to my list along with Mette-Marit and Mathilde
Sophie,Countess of Wessex
Princess Alexandra of Denmark-loved the hair but not the dress
Princess Anita of The Netherlands
Princess Mabel-see Alexandra.

Little_star said:
Thank you for the pictures, azrayy. I've always thought Haya looked gorgeous on her wedding day.
I also really liked Mette-Marit's hair.

you're welcome little_star i think she was looking angelic :)

Mette Marit was OK, Mary was too big, I don't know what was going on it.

what about her? Princess Khaliya

1xv5.jpg

azrayy said:
what about her? Princess Khaliya

1xv5.jpg

loved her hair, even though it was half hidden by the veil or whatever she has wrapped around(i don't mean to sound arrogant)

My favourite wedding hairdos were:
  • Mary's - I don't think it was too big at all
  • Mette-Marit's - I loved the way the veil was put into her hair
  • Máxima's - simple, but elegant and beautiful

I loved the Norwegian brides. Mette-Marit and Martha Louise both had beautiful up-dos. Tessy Anthony also had gorgeous curls which made her look very angelic.

In all honesty, I didn't find Maxima's hair all that attractive. I think it was the high collar of the dress that also made the whole look very stuffy. Mary's hairdo for me was a little too high and big but the veil was absolutely stunning. Letizia's hair didn't do much for me either. I thought it was very simple and got lost in the veil.

princess olga said:
I respectfully disagree completely. Look at that hair: it looks dirty, stringy, as if it hasn't been washed in a week. The way it looks like it's collapsing under the weight of the veil, too is just ugly. A bad hairdo all around, ghastly even. Such a beautiful woman, it managed-almost- to make this stunner look, well, cheap, as if the hair was colored by a haircolorist from a Madrid ghetto or something. This hair is the worst she's had it, ever! :sad:

:flowers: it's respectfull but absolutly terrific by the way not convincing!

For the appearence of the Letizia' hair you know as everybody how rough are the sunlight and how it's difficult to have good light indoor. You can find a lot of pics with others colours and/or lights.

For wearing such tiara as the prussian one, you can only to have a strict hairdo because the geometric lines of this jewelles.

The purity of Letizia's wedding gown, the so elegant way of Letizia's to wear her head, the delicacy of her veil were totally coherent with this strict hairdo.

Curles and hairdo"chi chi" are very good with a veil without tiara or with a hat. It's not very regal.:king:

Mary hairdo was little high.Letizia hairdo need to be high to match the high collar of the gown.MM hairdo was elegant and suit for hair.Maxima hairdo was ok but not gorgeous.

my favourite hair style was mette merit's. . . she looks so elegant & pretty

any views on MC"s hairstyle.....

Last edited:
Gloria Delgado was the person in charge of Infanta Cristina, in 1997. The haidresser was suggested by Lorenzo Caprile (the designer of the gown). Cristina gave her total freedom and the only major difficulty for Gloria was the short time, because she had just one hour to work.

Photos from Hola:

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x63/belerma/Royalcakes0015-1.jpg

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x63/belerma/Gloria.jpg

She must have been incredibly nervous. But for having only one hour to work I think she did a great job on Cristina's hair.

My favourite are Mette-Marit and Maxima who looked very elegant and simple. Mary hair-do was also beautiful but a little bit too high, lower may be more elegant. Also queen Silvia looked nice because she had simple hair-do and it let to show tiara and beautiful veil.
I really don't like Letizia hair-do.

HRH PAIPA Sarah of Brunei

She didn't show her hair but I love the way she covered it. Her tiara looked good on this style.

HRH Princess Majeedah of Brunei

She also covered her hair on her wedding day but I prefer her in-law's (PAIPA Sarah) style. IMO, her tiara doesn't look so good on that style.

HIH Crown Princess Masako of Japan

I love this one:flowers:

My favorites are Cristina of Spain and Clothilde d'Orleans...Clothilde was done by Alexandre and it was intricate and stunning.

I have to totally agree with both you and the posting by Olga --- this hairdo was the worst! It looks as if no thought or design was put into this hairdo. Letizia needed height - not flatness. With the high collar of the dress and the flat hairdo, the dress looks like it will swallow her up.
Letizia's hair looks all gummed up with too much hairspray, dirty, stringy ...
The color job is terrible - the bangs on the forehead --- and the tiara just plopped on top of this disaster!

I have to add Autums Kelly to the "worst" list - stringy, wispy hair covering half her face - flat on top - another disaster.

Diane de Cadaval and Rose Windsor (daughter of the Duke of Gloucester) both had gorgeous bridal hairdos which nicely incorporated their tiaras.

Back
Top Bottom