Favourite Royal Wedding Dress (not usually discussed)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Favourite (under rated) royal bridal gown?

• Princess Alexandra of Berleberg

Votes: 18 21.4%
  • Princess Annette of the Netherlands

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Princess Clotidle of Savoy

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • Lady Davina Windsor

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • Princess Margarita of the Netherlands

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Princess Marilene of the Netherlands

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Crown Princess Masako of Japan

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Crown Princess Noor of Jordan

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • Lady Sarah Chatto

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Sophie, Countess of Wessex

Votes: 12 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alexandria

Heir Apparent
Country
Canada
I thought it would be nice to have a poll and related discussion of royal bridal gowns that are not commonly discussed when the topic of bridal gowns come up. Inevitably any polls or discussions about royal bridal gowns generally include Mary, Letizia, Mette-Marit, Mathilde, Claire, Maxima, Mabel, etc. but there are many other royal brides whose dresses we rarely discuss and some of them are just as beautiful as the more frequently discussed ones.

So here is a chance to have your say on bridal gowns of under rated bridal gowns. (Too bad the poll option only allows a maximum of 10 because there are a lot of under discussed royal bridal gowns!)

Take a look, cast your vote and tell us why you like a particular bridal gown from this list.

Attachments

• Alexandra.jpg
    Alexandra.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 2,379
  • Annette.jpg
    Annette.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 3,467
  • Clotilde.jpg
    Clotilde.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 6,074
  • Davina.jpg
    Davina.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 2,388
  • Margarita.jpg
    Margarita.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 2,441
  • Marilene.jpg
    Marilene.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,790
  • Noor.jpg
    Noor.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 2,225
  • Chatto.jpg
    Chatto.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 2,249
  • Sophie.jpg
    Sophie.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 3,185
  • Masako.jpg
    Masako.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 1,928
Last edited:
I voted for Lady Sarah Chatto. I have always loved her wedding dress. It is simple elegance, and I think that it describes her perfectly. I love the top of the dress, which is fairly original in royal circles (the only other one like it that I can think of that resembles it is Mette-Marit's a few years later).

I know alot of people out there disagree, but I also really like Clothilde's dress. I abhor her shoes, but really love the dress. I think that even if it wasn't designed to hide her pregnancy, it would still be beautiful. Her bouquet is one of my all time favorites as well.

You don't have a picture of Masako's dress in your collection.

My prefer

Princess Clotilde of Savoy

Elspeth said:
You don't have a picture of Masako's dress in your collection.
You're right; thanks for the catch.

I have added one of Masako now.

I vote Countess of Wessex

because she chose good cuts of wedding dress than Princess Diana and Sarah,Duchess of York.

Sara Boyce

H.M. Margrethe said:
Wher are CrownPrincess Mary and Princess Alexandra of Denmark ?

The point of this poll was to vote on bridal gowns that are not frequently discussed, such as, mentioned above, those of Mary, Alexandra, Mathilde, Mette-Marit, Maxima, Mabel, etc. I thought it would be nice to focus on different bridal gowns rather than the same old same old, which are nice, but time for other bridal gowns to take the spotlight.

My favourite is Lady Davina Windsor, she looked so incredible sweet, also it was a dress I would like to wear, It was not grand in any way but I think it suited her perfectly, and very nice with the blue flowers. I HATE Clotildes dress and shoes, but her tiara is one om all time favourites, her flowers are also beautiful

My favorites

1. Lady Sarah Chatto.---one of my all time favorite royal brides
2. Lady Davina Windsor
3. Princess Noor al Hamzah

last place-princess annette's dress-looks sloppy
next to last-lady davina windsor-is she the bride or bride maid? the dress is sooooooo plain i just dont know
winner-princess clotidle of savory-very chic, not to plain or showy and the bouquet is the perfect size for her dress
and that ladies and gents is my opinion a little cloudly by pms but none the less my opinion

Although I loved every single one of these dresses in thier own way, I must say, Princess Alexandria Sayn Wittingstien-Berleberg's gown is what got me. Loved it.

Maria Garcia de la Rasilla looked just beautiful when she married Prince Konstantin of Bulgaria in 1994.

Attachments

• bulgwed1994.jpg
    bulgwed1994.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,125
Princess Alexandra of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg was so elegant when she married Count Jefferson-Friedrich von Pfeil und Klein-Ellguth in 1998

Attachments

• AlexandraSB.jpg
    AlexandraSB.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 1,293
Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones was just gorgeous as well
(here with her husband Daniel Chatto at their wedding in July 1994)

Attachments

• SarahChatto.jpg
    SarahChatto.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 727
I also love how Princess Maria Tereza of Orleans-Braganza looked when she married Jan Hessel de Jong in 1995

Eliza

Attachments

• MariaTOrleansBraganza.jpg
    MariaTOrleansBraganza.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 1,759
Sorry everyone- my two posts for Princess Maria Tereza of Orleans-Braganza and Maria Garcia de La Rasilla were meant for another thread. I apologize!

Eliza

I think Lady Chatto's wedding gown is sublime and certainly one of the best I've seen. It's beautiful study of simplicity and elegance and suited her petite frame

H.M. Margrethe said:
Wher are CrownPrincess Mary?
Is it just me or is anyone else sick of hearing about Mary and Letizia's dresses over and over and over again? I know they just got married earlier this year so it is still fresh in people's minds but that doesn't mean that every poll has to include their dresses. I'm glad that there is finally a poll that doesn't include Mary's milkmaid dress.

Or Letizia's ill-fitting crowded dress.:p

I voted for the Countess of Wessex. Her gown was so simple yet so stylish. So understated yet so royal.

It isn't included in the poll, but a favourite of mine was Sophie in Bavaria's at her 1993 wedding to Alois of Lichtenstein. Very simple yet beautiful. There is a good picture of her going up the steps of the Cathederal with her long train following behind her. Her sister-in-law, also wore a very nice, simple gown for her 1999 wedding to Phillip Latorff. It really suited her face and body type.

I voted for Lady Sarah Chatto's wedding dress of the choices given. It's understated elegance, and absolutetly gorgeous...I think it's what I want when I get married (well or something quite similar.) However I must admit that I like many of the others that were included, whether they were part of the poll or some others added in later.

I've also found that I like many of the dresses Royal women wear (although not necissarily on me), because they fit those women, and they work with those particular womens frames...

The only dresses I've found I really detest was Mable's (I think that may be just because I felt she might have over done the bows just slightly!) and Davina's (it was so plain it looked as though she was an attendant-not the bride. It also made her looks so young, like she was too young to be getting married in the first place...) but to each their own...

Lady Sara and Lady Davina

I've been an admirer of Sara Armstrong-Jones Chatto since she's been a little girl. She seemed to have a lot of spirit. When she got married, I tried to find pictures of her to see what she wore. I wasn't disappointed. Her gown was beautifully simple and elegant. I love the way it drapes and the way it looks so soft.

Lady Davina Windsor's gown was also simple and and very sweet. I thought she looked pretty and very natural.

Princess Clotilde wins the prize for best maternity gown. She was not merely pregnant, she was very pregnant and her gown fit her without making her look like she was wearing a sack. I applaud the person who designed it :)

Last edited:
Well....i´m almost new.......my first post....well...i vote for Sophie...coz this dress is perfect for her..and, you don´t see many royal wedding dresses with deep cuts...

I really like Lady Davina's dress; it was very appropriate for the occasion, and I think it was right for her not to get done up like a dog's dinner in a grand dress and tiara, considering how low key her family is and how far away from their usual environment her husband's family was.

We love Lady Chatto's, it's really nice!! But some of the others have good parts too, but that's the only one we like in total!

this simple and elegant dress belongs to daughter of princess basma of jordan.it's not only the dress but the veil and the tiara looks lovely too,though the bride is not pretty and the bridegroom looks so odd

Attachments

• 19620i.jpg
    19620i.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 559
  • princess farah232.jpg
    princess farah232.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 1,702
Back
Top Bottom