Favourite Royal Wedding Dress (not usually discussed)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Favourite (under rated) royal bridal gown?

• Princess Alexandra of Berleberg

Votes: 18 21.4%
  • Princess Annette of the Netherlands

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Princess Clotidle of Savoy

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • Lady Davina Windsor

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • Princess Margarita of the Netherlands

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Princess Marilene of the Netherlands

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Crown Princess Masako of Japan

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Crown Princess Noor of Jordan

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • Lady Sarah Chatto

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Sophie, Countess of Wessex

Votes: 12 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I liked Lady Sarah Chatto's wedding dress. It was simple but elegant and different.
Lady Helen's was pretty too.

Princess Alexandra of Berleberg and Lady Sarah Chatto had the most elegant and beautiful wedding dresses, imo.

Not mentioned, but:

I liked the dress of Serena Stanhope, the late Viscountess Linley. It is a fairytale dress.

Not mentioned, but:

I liked the dress of Serena Stanhope, the late Viscountess Linley. It is a fairytale dress.

What do you mean "the late Viscountess Linley"????

Has something happened??

Sorry, just went and checked their thread...I thought she had passed away. Shocked me there for a second.

My favourite is the dress of Princess Alexandra of Berleberg as well. She looked great.

My favourite is Princess Noor of Jordan's gown. She looked absolutely lovely in that lace creation - so sweet and innocent and beautiful.
Princess Alexandra of Berleberg looked marvellous as well.

Lady Sarah Chatto looked wonderful; everything, from gown to tiara was just perfect, imo.

Princess Clotilde of Savoy's dress was fine, all things considered.
Lady Davina Windsor's dress was just too uninteresting for my taste although I do love the sleeves.
Princess Annette's gown was a horror. I hate everything about it, from the veil, to the oversized bouquet.
Princess Margarita's and Princess Marilene's gowns were a bit too plain, although they still looked lovely. Sophie's dress just doesn't work for me.
I have mixed feelings for Masako's ensemble; I love the material the gown is made of and the tiara. I hate the ugly buttons on the upper part, the purse, the collar-like thing and the necklace. The length of the sleeves and the gloves didn't match well either, in my opinion.

What do you mean "the late Viscountess Linley"????

Has something happened??

Sorry, just went and checked their thread...I thought she had passed away. Shocked me there for a second.

Sorry, Sassy, there has been a very bad mistake made by me, my fingers have not worked as they should do.

I want to write the Viscountess Linley after saying "YES", but something went wrong in my mind.

I want to apologize me to all members and guests in the TRF for shocking. Please note, that it was a not wanted mistake, and I am very sad about my mistake.

Thank you.

Hi....

I have seen Lady Sarah Chatto wedding gown and I love it..
It's full length and it's a perfect white..so elegant and it really
carries the customary design of a wedding gowns. and I like
the long veil too....

Definitely Lady Sarah Chatto, Lady Helen Taylor, and Princess Noor are among my favorites.

Hmm, as for Princess Annette's wedding dress: I'm not mad about the style of the dress under the trained coat for the length looks a bit awkward. The trained coat is nice enough but perhaps could do with taking in a bit to give it a little more shape. I like the veil, though.

I thought the dress that Camilla, DoC wore to the blessing service at St George's Chapel was divine.

I thought the dress that Camilla, DoC wore to the blessing service at St George's Chapel was divine.

muriel, I completely agree. The dress was very beautiful and it looked perfect on the Duchess.

Another royal wedding outfit not discussed on here, as far as I know, is that of Marina Ogilvy, daughter of Princess Alexandra. The bride wore a calf length, slim black dress topped off with a rust coloured bolero jacket and a wide brimmed black hat.

muriel, I completely agree. The dress was very beautiful and it looked perfect on the Duchess.

I also think it was a tricky dress to do - second wedding, the bride was nearly 60, HM present, tiara or no tiara......

No one ever mentions it, but my all-time favorite royal dress was Princess Astrid of Norway's at her wedding to Johan Ferner in January 1961 (both photos from ANP):

Attachments

• astrid.jpg
    astrid.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 355
  • astrid wdg olav.jpg
    astrid wdg olav.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 472
For me most beautiful is:

1, Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden
2, Crown Princess Letizia of Spain
3, Crown Princess Mary of Denmark
4, Princess Martha-Louise of Norway