Favorite Royal Wedding Gown - 2010-2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

XeniaCasaraghi

Heir Apparent
City
Texas
Country
United States
Hey just for some fun I would like to know what is everyone's favorite royal wedding gown from 2010(Victoria) to 2013 (Madeleine). No Maxima no Diana! 2010-2013 only. I honestly have no idea how many there are.

For me it's
1. Stephanie of Luxembourg
2. Catherine Duchess of Cambridge
3. Princess Basma Al Atoum
4. Victoria of Sweeden
5. Charlene of Monaco
6. Princess Maria Carolina
7. Princess Felipa (kind of a copy of Kate's)
8. Zeina Shaban
9. Princess Nathalie
10. Princess Madeleine

My favourite wedding gowns from 2010-2013 are:

-The Duchess of Cambridge
-Zara Phillips
-Princess Carolina
-Princess Zeina
-HGD Stephanie
-Princess Madeleine

For me favourites 2010-2013
1. Crown princess Victoria
2. Princess Charlene
3. Princess Maria Carolina

My top 3:

-Victoria of Sweden: It was way simpler than other royal brides, and still she looked every inch a future Queen in it :flowers:.
-Charlene of Monaco: The gown was absolutely perfect for her, an ideal mix between glamourous and regal.
-Stéphanie of Luxembourg : A fairytale princess in that Elie Saab number.

Then :
-Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge: a bit like Charlene, her dress being both traditional with a touch of modern in it. The handmade embroidery was to die for. She is not in the top 3 because of the "pointy" chest area, and because I also found the train was a bit too short for such a grand occasion.
-Madeleine of Sweden: she looked great but no "wow" factor with the dress who looked a bit dated fashion-wise.
-Tatiana of Greece and Maria Carolina of Bourbon Parma: very pretty dresses. Too much lace, though exquisite one :D

If we are discussing only the last three years it's

1) HGD Stephanie of Luxembourg-ultimate fantasy bridal gown-just gorgeous

2)Charlene of Monaco-modern, regal, stunning

3)Catherine Duchess of Cambridge-didn't like the chest area, but the exquisite embroidery more than made up for it

4)CP Victoria of Sweden-sleek, elegant, regal

5)Madeleine of Sweden-didn't care for the bottom ruffle, but the overall effect was beautiful

Last edited:
for me there are different choices for best royal wedding gowns like:
  1. extravagant Valentino Haut Couture wedding gown
  2. elegant Alexander McQueen gown

Last edited:
Unfortunately, as I'm not a lover of lace smothered gowns, the last five years worth of Royal brides haven't blown me away!

However, I did very much like (not love) Princess Charlene of Monaco's Armani creation in silk with exquisite crystal bead embroidery and slightly off the shoulder design. I thought it was very elegant and suited her as she is a tall and sophisticated lady. She wasn't afraid to ditch the customary tiara for other head pieces either.

Of all the 'lacy' brides I liked Princess Madeleine's the best, though the bodice didn't seem to fit very well, and Kate's the least. In spite of the wonderful handmade lace on her gown I'm not a fan of cone breasts, especially on a royal's wedding dress.

Last edited:
:previous:

I love this picture and dragging my memory banks it is 2 gowns - needed to give more oomph!

Last edited by a moderator:
My #1 favorite is Princess Charlene of Monaco. I thought the gown & headpiece was gorgeous. It was custom designed by Armani.

I heard a rumor that Princess Charlene had a falling out w/Armani after the wedding. Hope its not true. I think he's the #1 designer in the world right now. Valentino comes in second even though he's designed many of the royal wedding dresses.

I did not care for Kate's dress. It seemed so bland. Nothing unusual or exciting.

^^^I hope that is not the case as I do believe that he's designed some of Charlene's best outfits to date.

Unfortunately the cameras did not pick up the the very intricate embroidery work on Kate's gown. It wasn't until I saw some of the close ups on the skirt that I realized how impressive the detailing was on her gown.

Back
Top Bottom