Design Mary's Wedding Dress

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Julia

Royal Highness
We are guessing it will be a Spring wedding for Fred and Mary so, what do you all think Mary's gown will look like? Lots of lacy and quite grand? Simple and chic? Danish designed or created by Valentino (designed Sybilla's, M-C's, Maxima's and now Clotilde's gowns)?

maybe will get good designer become famous!

mostly Royals wanted choose designer makes more lots training like as Maxima and Princess Diana! that Royals ruled!

I think Mary will like to training to 20 or 25 metres

Sara Boyce

I know we have loads of creative and talented people out there (the tiaras our members have created are brilliant!) so, what about designing Mary's wedding dress? Draw it, PhotoShop-it, you name it. Do whatever brings out the artist in you!

My attempt below. :blink:

Dress by Romona Keveza. Veil "borrowed" from Clotilde Courau and bouquet courtesy of Princess Alexia. :)

Attachments

• MaryWedding_2.jpg
    MaryWedding_2.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 1,631
Awesome Idea. If I can ever get paint up and running I will be able to lend a hand in some of this fun. Some things like these I love to do if not all of them.

Ok here I go, I suck so here is my attempt.. I kinda just threw her head on there, there are no really good head photos of her, so here it is... with my favorite gown...

Attachments

• mdress.jpg
    mdress.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 526
Great job, chanel! Thank you for contributing!!

I wonder if Fred and Mary's visit to Rome, recently, might have had to do with chatting with Valentino?? :innocent:

I just had a thought the other night. What kind of veil do you think Mary will choose? Do you think she'll pull a Rania of Jordan/Serena Linley veil on us? I hadn't even considered it until I saw her hair piled up the other evening at the banquet. I personally don't care for the Rania/Serena-style of veil or the hair-do they had at their weddings.

I can see Mary in just a plain, long tulle veil. Not the Mette-Marit and Martha Louise kind, but the Duchess of Kent/Princess Anne/Laurentien kind.

Hi samitude. Good question. I hope she wears her veil similar to the way Princess Laurentien wore her's. She looked marvelous as did Princess Maxima but I see Mary with something more like Laurentien...at least I hope she chooses a veil like that!

Here are a few dresses that I felt would look quite nice on Mary! However, the head and the bodies dont match color wise :(... I am not good at this. I have more to come.

Attachments

• dress.jpg
    dress.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 388
dress no 2

Attachments

• dressm2.jpg
    dressm2.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 347
here is another

Attachments

• dressm3.jpg
    dressm3.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 524
here is another one

Attachments

• dressm4.jpg
    dressm4.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 465
yet another

Attachments

• dressm5.jpg
    dressm5.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 358
last one for the night

Attachments

• dressm8.jpg
    dressm8.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 447
Yeah, those gowns are really beautiful! I like all of them, especially number 3 and 4. :)

that nice to choose that gowns!

anyway! i think Mary would choose that gowns because she would makes more longer train mostly royals wife would more lots training than small training like that!

Princess Diana choose Elizabeth and David Emmauel when Diana engagement in February 1981 to Prince Charles because she wanted 25 feet! her dress looks like as Cindrella as romantic her wedding dress at Althorp kept for long time but never sell it! her dress makes lots money its over $400,000 pounds for her dresses but Diana dont wanted to sold her 1981 wedding dresses like that! her training is 25 metres!

Sara Boyce

I'm thinking dress number 4 would be perfect. it's not off the shoulder, it's not too low cut, you could add a longer train (if needed) and it's decorative but not fussy. And, it would look great w/ a tiara. (And it looks great on her, well, it looks great w/ her head at least).

The 4th one is also one of my favorites. My other is the last one, I just love how it is not all white....

Well, what about a look like this for Mary, future crown princess of Denmark, on her wedding day?? :)

Attachments

• MaryWedding2.jpg
    MaryWedding2.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 2,222
well done, julia !! mary looks lovely in the gown and the smile on her face. i think she might be wearing ingrid's tiara on that day. i'm not too sure about that though. i like the gown. it look simple but gorgeous at the same time. is that maxima's gown by valentino ? i really can't wait to see what she will wear on that day .

Thank you, andiemac! :blush: The dress is actually by Romona Keveza but it does look a great deal like the one that Valentino created for Maxima, doesn't it? I think this type of neckline would look wonderful on Mary.

Mary very well might wear Queen Ingrid's ruby tiara on her wedding day (sans the rubies?? :unsure: ) but wouldn't it be wonderful if she could wear the Nassau Tiara??

The original gown is below...

Attachments

• MaryGown2.jpg
    MaryGown2.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 290
i personally like the nassau tiara very much. it resembles princess diana's tiara in some way.

i think it was ingrid's wish that the ruby tiara be handed down to frederik's wife. i think the ruby tiara looks too big for mary and too outstanding for the wedding, hence inappropriate in my opinion. i don't particulary like it but i still think she might be wearing it on her wedding day. the wedding signifies the day when she officially becomes a member of the royal family and frederik's wife. it will be a good gesture to let her wear the ruby tiara.

Another look for Mary...

The gown is by Pricillia.

Attachments

• MaryGown_copy.jpg
    MaryGown_copy.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 406
Great job Julia!

I like this latest one with the lace oversheath. The satin 'slip' underneath allows for Mary to be a bit sexier but much more conservative for the church service with the lace oversheath.

Thank you, Alexandria!!

I, too, like the lace overlay. ;)

WOW! Julia,

The second one is Fantastic, keep up the good and hard work. I love that dress and at first I didn't think that it would look good on her when someone posted the sample before, but, your rendidtion of her makes Mary look like a true Queen in waiting on her wedding day.... I was so excited to see that. My mouse is messed up, so until I get a new one, then I can't put my own out there!!

As for the tiara, I too am rooting for my favorite of the Danish jewels- the beautiful Nassau tiara with the hanging pearls....

Please please do post more if you have them.

Chanel

it was great to look throught this thread... we will soon see if any of you got it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom