Crown Princesses Who Married Commoners

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HMTLove23

Nobility
City
bethlehem
Country
United States
With of The Recent Engagement of Crown Princess Victoria to Daniel Westling. Who other Crown Princesses Married Commeners. I think that the Other was Queen Beatrix Married a Commoner???

Officially Queen Elizabeth II married a commoner, Lt Philip Mountbatten.

:previous: Officially a commoner?
Prince Philip was born prince of Greece and Denmark!

Yes, but he had renounced his rights to the Greek Throne in March 1947, and when they married (20 nov 1947) he was "only" Lt. Philip Mountbatten...

Was not Beatrix husbund nobel?

queen of denmarks husband was more Commoner then the others

MAfan, as far as I know, Prince Philip has never been considered a commoner, even though he renounced his titles before his marriage, as he was going to receive the title of Duke of Edimburgh.
Daniel Westling is definitely a commoner.

Philip was born a Royal Prince. He denounced his rights to the succession of the Greek throne not his rank. He has never been considered a commoner.

OK, I'm sorry

Don't be sorry. Philip was commoner from 18 March 1947 until 20 November 1947 (from the moment he renounced his courtesy title of Prince of Greece and Denmark until the moment he was created Duke of Edinburgh). Elizabeth II did not marry a commoner, but she did marry a man who was a commoner (at some point of his life).

An example from a non-reigning house: Crown Princess Margarita of Romania married Radu Duda (sp?)

In strict royal terms (as in Almanac de Gotha), one is either royal or commoner. Nobles fall into the latter category. As for Philip, he was kind of in limbo at the time of the wedding because he was HRH The Duke of Edinburgh but he wasn't made a Prince of the United Kingdom until much later.

Back
Top Bottom