Best Floral Arrangements

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cinquefoil

Commoner
City
palos hills
Country
United States
So which Royal Couple do you think had the Best, as in the prettiest, well arranged, well placed flowers at their wedding?

I don't just mean bouquets, I'm referring to the overall look & also take into consideration the color schemes and season as well.

IMO, in no order
I loved the flowers of CP Felipe & Letizia
- meaningful, seasonal but varied enough to be interesting, regal but not overdone, perfect fit for the season/Month of May

I loved the flowers of CP Frederik & Mary
- Superb design and placement of the flowers!! I thought the church was spectacular.
-I love columns/trees/garlands/hanging flowers and although some may have thought the pink/red was too much, I found it romantic and beautiful especially with the different shades and the touches of orange, green and purple thrown in for variance.
- Also I liked that the chrysanthemums & other flowers all meant something as well

I loved the flowers of CP Victoria & Daniel
- Fresh, spring/summery the flowers looked as "happy" as she did
_ loved the use of colors, blended w/out looking too mix-matchy

I really liked the flowers at Infanta Cristina's & Inaki's wedding
- I'm usually not a fan of red & white weddings, so I was relieved and pleasantly surprised when the flowers in the Cathedral were of brilliant orange, cream and other colors, but I DO wish there had been more of them, even though the altar was perfect.

Notable mention goes to
CP Willem-Alexander & Maxima, P Martha-Louise & Ari, CP Philippe & Mathilde, CP Haakon. Who all had lovely flowers, but I would like to have seen a splash of color.

Just My OPinion:p

I loved the flowers of CP Felipe and Letizia too, all looked simply, fresh and beautiful.

So I dislike the flowers of CP Victoria. The blue, purple, pink colors were absolutely tacky. It was like a church arranged for a walt disney movie. Very ... Hollywood and not very Royal. Too much colors, and too much flowers, absolutly everywhere, not very classy. Color can be nice, but this time, it failed to be beautiful.
I loved the flowers for Kate and William, but unfortunatly the BBC on charge of the recording didnt bother to make a good shoot on the arrangement. What a pity.

So I dislike the flowers of CP Victoria. The blue, purple, pink colors were absolutely tacky. It was like a church arranged for a walt disney movie. Very ... Hollywood and not very Royal. Too much colors, and too much flowers, absolutly everywhere, not very classy. Color can be nice, but this time, it failed to be beautiful.
I loved the flowers for Kate and William, but unfortunatly the BBC on charge of the recording didnt bother to make a good shoot on the arrangement. What a pity.

Yes there were *LOTS* of flowers and usually I like a 1-3 color palette, but this time I liked the freshness it seemed to give the surroundings, especially since there doesn't seem to be an expression of joy/delight on the King's face?? Did he/does he dislike Daniel that much I wonder?:ohmy:

And BTW, I was wishing to see more of the flower arrangements for William & Kate bit honestly seems like all I saw were the trees?

With no doubts, the Saints Michel and Gudula's cathedral flowered for the wedding of Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde.

Sadly I wasn't able to find a picture of the huge bunches between the pilars.

Not really flowers but I loved the way the Abbey looked for William and Catherine's wedding with the trees.

With no doubts, the Saints Michel and Gudula's cathedral flowered for the wedding of Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde.

Sadly I wasn't able to find a picture of the huge bunches between the pilars.

do you have any pics or any links to share? i've been trying to search the web for images b/c the youtube video is nice, but I can't see everything.:flowers:

do you have any pics or any links to share? i've been trying to search the web for images b/c the youtube video is nice, but I can't see everything.:flowers:

Theres a youtube video??? Tere aren't many photos o the flowers from that wedding

in fact it seems normal that in the church for victoria they put a lot of flowers because the church itself has no real beauty or architect interest, so the flowers were a real element of decoration. For Westminester, the less was the best because the abbaye is a pure beauty and if it was decorated with the flowers as in the sweden church it's will be considered a crime and a fault. So just a few green and white flowers were the very wise choice. The trees were there to hide the imposant stone columns and it was really wise. I like when things are done with thinking behind. Which flowers and why and Kate and william explain exactly that on the official website.

And BTW, I was wishing to see more of the flower arrangements for William & Kate bit honestly seems like all I saw were the trees?

I agree with you about the flowers, but have to say that I did like the tree idea. It was so simple that it was beautiful :flowers:

Last edited:
Theres a youtube video??? Tere aren't many photos o the flowers from that wedding

There's a 4 or 5min video, I believe it was about the music that was played when Mathilde entered, BUT you can see the flowers pretty well. I'm trying to find it, when I do, I will post.;)

I really love the flowers on the balcony for Constantijn and Laurentien's wedding.

I liked the trees for W*K's wedding, that was something very different.

Royal wedding display

The flowers the elegance that brings together the display for their big day where the royal family will add a prince or princess to the family

Besides WnK's trees, I can't recall flower arrangements at other royal weddings. I didn't even know that WnK even had flowers at there's.

I really like the floral decorations in the church for Frederick and Mary's wedding, followed by the flowers of Felipe and Letizia's wedding.

I love the foral decorations of Letizia and Felipe wedding, Kate and William and off course Diana and Charles!

I liked the trees for W*K's wedding, that was something very different.

The trees made me think of being in the middle of a meadow, in a park near my grandmother's apartment building back in Moscow. Overall, it brought a peaceful feeling to the occasion.

For a wedding I adore the elegant beauty of floral arrangements, but I do think there needs to be a trade off -- either a majestic building or floral opulence. So I think, for the grandeur of the venue, William and Catherine were wise to keep it so simple. I recall reading (though I don't know if it were true) that they planned to use blossoming trees however they bloomed a week early. I don't know what color they would have been but trees with white blossoms stretching and/or arching above would have created a somewhat airy heavenliness to the Abbey.

I am afraid that I am one of the "minority?" I really disliked the putting of trees in Westminster Abbey which is so beautiful that it really doesn't need very much decorating. It reminds of the so often quoted (wrongly I may add) "gilding of the lily".

For Princess Elizabeth of England's 1947 wedding, I like the urns of English autumnal flowers in Westminster Abbey.
I like the white roses of York that decorated the interior of York Minster for the 1961 wedding of Prince Edward of Kent and Katharine. :yorkrose::yorkrose::yorkrose::yorkrose:

I am afraid that I am one of the "minority?" I really disliked the putting of trees in Westminster Abbey which is so beautiful that it really doesn't need very much decorating. It reminds of the so often quoted (wrongly I may add) "gilding of the lily".

No it's not just you. I hated the trees, they were not needed in such a gorgeous setting and they seemed completely out of place.

For me it was one of the few false notes in an otherwise flawlessly beautiful wedding ceremony.

:previous: You are right. For me it looked oddly "theatrical" and I thought "what? You've dug up and carted a load of trees into the Abbey . . . what are you thinking?"

I loved Victoria's bouquet with it's white's and creams and even gold. It looked wonderful with both her white dress and the antique, gold and cream Cameo Tiara;

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...OBJbt4jc9HcCQogJ1x6BaAs8rZ0jq2fgs_Z_B6qeu5sVw

As to the Cathedral, the pinks gave the warmth of summer, the blues the colour of a summer sky, to an otherwise somewhat austere church.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01661/princessVictoria5_1661825c.jpg

i agree that the floreal set of Crown Princess Victoria's wedding was perhaps the best one...

Well, I like beauty, but not over-the-top florals in church. If the altar flowers are good enough for Sunday worship, so should they be for weddings. I thought the trees were hideous. I know, I know....

Rather than hideous I'd say oout of place...they simply didn't belong there... I also loved the decorations of the monegasque wedding

I'm in the minority as a I loved the trees! Graceful and IMO mirrored the architecture of the Abbey interior. Also I liked the idea that they would be planted afterwards.

I liked Mary and Frederik but the red/pink was a bit overwhelming at times. For balconies I really thought that WA and Max had the most beautiful arrangement.

Back
Top Bottom