The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-21-2011, 10:41 AM
Commoner

Best Wedding Flowers (At Church)?

So which Royal Couple do you think had the Best, as in the prettiest, well arranged, well placed flowers at their wedding?

I don't just mean bouquets, I'm referring to the overall look & also take into consideration the color schemes and season as well.

IMO, in no order
I loved the flowers of CP Felipe & Letizia
- meaningful, seasonal but varied enough to be interesting, regal but not overdone, perfect fit for the season/Month of May

I loved the flowers of CP Frederik & Mary
- Superb design and placement of the flowers!! I thought the church was spectacular.
-I love columns/trees/garlands/hanging flowers and although some may have thought the pink/red was too much, I found it romantic and beautiful especially with the different shades and the touches of orange, green and purple thrown in for variance.
- Also I liked that the chrysanthemums & other flowers all meant something as well

I loved the flowers of CP Victoria & Daniel
- Fresh, spring/summery the flowers looked as "happy" as she did
_ loved the use of colors, blended w/out looking too mix-matchy

I really liked the flowers at Infanta Cristina's & Inaki's wedding
- I'm usually not a fan of red & white weddings, so I was relieved and pleasantly surprised when the flowers in the Cathedral were of brilliant orange, cream and other colors, but I DO wish there had been more of them, even though the altar was perfect.

Notable mention goes to
CP Willem-Alexander & Maxima, P Martha-Louise & Ari, CP Philippe & Mathilde, CP Haakon. Who all had lovely flowers, but I would like to have seen a splash of color.

Just My OPinion

Old 05-21-2011, 11:12 AM
Nobility

I loved the flowers of CP Felipe and Letizia too, all looked simply, fresh and beautiful.

Old 05-21-2011, 12:04 PM
Nobility

So I dislike the flowers of CP Victoria. The blue, purple, pink colors were absolutely tacky. It was like a church arranged for a walt disney movie. Very ... Hollywood and not very Royal. Too much colors, and too much flowers, absolutly everywhere, not very classy. Color can be nice, but this time, it failed to be beautiful.
I loved the flowers for Kate and William, but unfortunatly the BBC on charge of the recording didnt bother to make a good shoot on the arrangement. What a pity.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:03 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosapru View Post
So I dislike the flowers of CP Victoria. The blue, purple, pink colors were absolutely tacky. It was like a church arranged for a walt disney movie. Very ... Hollywood and not very Royal. Too much colors, and too much flowers, absolutly everywhere, not very classy. Color can be nice, but this time, it failed to be beautiful.
I loved the flowers for Kate and William, but unfortunatly the BBC on charge of the recording didnt bother to make a good shoot on the arrangement. What a pity.
Yes there were *LOTS* of flowers and usually I like a 1-3 color palette, but this time I liked the freshness it seemed to give the surroundings, especially since there doesn't seem to be an expression of joy/delight on the King's face?? Did he/does he dislike Daniel that much I wonder?
Old 05-21-2011, 03:05 PM
Commoner

And BTW, I was wishing to see more of the flower arrangements for William & Kate bit honestly seems like all I saw were the trees?
Old 05-21-2011, 04:30 PM
Commoner

With no doubts, the Saints Michel and Gudula's cathedral flowered for the wedding of Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde.

Sadly I wasn't able to find a picture of the huge bunches between the pilars.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:04 PM
Gentry

Not really flowers but I loved the way the Abbey looked for William and Catherine's wedding with the trees.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:45 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comte de Hainaut View Post
With no doubts, the Saints Michel and Gudula's cathedral flowered for the wedding of Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde.

Sadly I wasn't able to find a picture of the huge bunches between the pilars.
do you have any pics or any links to share? i've been trying to search the web for images b/c the youtube video is nice, but I can't see everything.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:31 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinquefoil View Post
do you have any pics or any links to share? i've been trying to search the web for images b/c the youtube video is nice, but I can't see everything.

Theres a youtube video??? Tere aren't many photos o the flowers from that wedding
Old 05-22-2011, 01:10 AM
Nobility

in fact it seems normal that in the church for victoria they put a lot of flowers because the church itself has no real beauty or architect interest, so the flowers were a real element of decoration. For Westminester, the less was the best because the abbaye is a pure beauty and if it was decorated with the flowers as in the sweden church it's will be considered a crime and a fault. So just a few green and white flowers were the very wise choice. The trees were there to hide the imposant stone columns and it was really wise. I like when things are done with thinking behind. Which flowers and why and Kate and william explain exactly that on the official website.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinquefoil View Post
And BTW, I was wishing to see more of the flower arrangements for William & Kate bit honestly seems like all I saw were the trees?
I agree with you about the flowers, but have to say that I did like the tree idea. It was so simple that it was beautiful
Old 05-22-2011, 10:31 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Felicity M View Post
Theres a youtube video??? Tere aren't many photos o the flowers from that wedding
There's a 4 or 5min video, I believe it was about the music that was played when Mathilde entered, BUT you can see the flowers pretty well. I'm trying to find it, when I do, I will post.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:46 AM
Commoner

I just found this video... ENJOY !

Philippe et Mathilde : mariage du couple princier - Vidéo - RTL TVI
Old 05-22-2011, 12:43 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comte de Hainaut View Post

Hi, thanks for this, but it won't load on my end?
I KNOW I saw Mathilde's entrance to the church on youtube somewhere, but ahh I can't find it now...
Old 06-05-2011, 09:22 PM
Aristocracy

I really love the flowers on the balcony for Constantijn and Laurentien's wedding.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

I liked the trees for W*K's wedding, that was something very different.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 07-02-2011, 10:10 PM
Serene Highness

Royal wedding display

The flowers the elegance that brings together the display for their big day where the royal family will add a prince or princess to the family
Old 07-03-2011, 12:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Besides WnK's trees, I can't recall flower arrangements at other royal weddings. I didn't even know that WnK even had flowers at there's.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 09-22-2011, 11:13 PM
Nobility

I really like the floral decorations in the church for Frederick and Mary's wedding, followed by the flowers of Felipe and Letizia's wedding.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:40 PM
Aristocracy

I love the foral decorations of Letizia and Felipe wedding, Kate and William and off course Diana and Charles!

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...09453614_n.jpg

Tags
royal wedding flowers