Best Royal Brides & Wedding Dresses

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Best :

Mette-Marit
Lady Sarah Chatto
Mathilde

Worst

Diana
Lady Spencer
:lol:

I like:
1Letizia
2Maxima
From past- Princess Grace
I don't like
Diana
Mabel
Kalina

can anyone post a picture of princess Grace wedding dress?

My favourites are:
1. Letizia
2. Maxima

And least favourites:
1. Mabel
2. Mary

My favourites:

* Mette-Marit : The dress suited her alot! To me it looked like a true Fairy-tale dress. MM looked extremely beautiful on her weddingday. The dress looked very simple , but so lovely! It was definitely my favourite!

* Claire and Anita: They're dresses looked very similar and very nice, IMO. Loved the collar!

* Máxima: Maxima's dress was the most interesting dress for me. The colour of the dress and the long veil looked amazing! The collar gave it the special touch! I also loved the cut of the "skirt".

In-between:

* Mary: The cut of the dress and the old veil were amazing! I just didn't really like the colour of the dress and Mary's hairdo looked a bit too huge to me. Nevertheless she was an amazing bride!

* Letizia: I think the weddinggown made her look very small... The collar of the dress was stunning ... I didn't like the cut of the "skirt"...

Bad ones:
* Mabel: .... the bows... especially the giant bows on the train ruined the dress!

* Märtha: I didn't really like the coat of the dress... :ermm: The shoulder-parts weren't really my cup of tea... I think the dress made her look so small... well, I liked her Tiara and hairdo..

For me (not necessarily in the exact order):

The Best Ones:

1. Mette-Marit - I loved the dress, so simple yet elegant. I can't imagine Mette-Marit in any thing else. She looked beautiful on her wedding day.

2. Camilla - I was wondering before the wedding what can she choose, had some ideas, but her choices, both for civil ceremony and the blessing, were amazing. suited her perfectly.

3. Letizia - I admit, I didn't like the dress at first. But the more I see it, the more I like it.

4. Maxima - One dress I thought was perfect for the future Queen (or Princess Consort, whatever) of the Netherlands, she looked very smar in it.

5. Grace - One of the most amazing brides ever. She looked every inch a Princess.

6. Claire of Belgium - I like her dress and it suited Claire

7. Queen Elizabeth - Princess Elizabeth was a breathtaking bride, possibly my favourite. The dress was one of the most amazing I had ever seen.

8. Anite - Anita looked sweet in her dress, liked it very much

In Between

Mary - the dress was nice, she looked lovely, but there was nothing special in it. She did still look lovely

Marie Chantal - too much Grace Kelly attempt. And not a successful one.

Cristina - Cristina looked looked nice, and yet nothing special in the dress for me (imo).

Worst Dresses

1. Mabel - one word: bows

2. Diana - Diana looked lovely and sweet on her wedding day but the dress was terrible. Like a huge cake (and I don't like cream).

3. Astrid of Belgium - I love Astrid very much but that dress didn't flatter her, in my opinion.

4. Clotilde - the dress wasn't terrible but the shoes... I still see them in my nightmares.

Last edited:
My favorite dress is Princess Diana, Fergie, Mathilde, Mary and Maxima.
especially that of Princess Diana my favorite Princess.

My favourite dress is Mette-Marit, Maxima, and Martha Louise.

i love märta-louise weddingdress and she had the most beautiful tiara.

I think that Lady Sarah's (the daughter of princess mragerte) wedding dress is simillar to the wedding dress of Mette Marit, at least the top part. Does any one agree??

I think that Lady Sarah's (the daughter of princess mragerte) wedding dress is simillar to the wedding dress of Mette Marit, at least the top part. Does any one agree??

I`m agree with you tamar :)

Marie Astrid of Luxemburg and her sister Margaret Louise were two of the loveliest brides off the beaten track I have ever seen.I acnnot find pictures anywhere...... Not to mention now Grand Duchess Maria Teresa in her Balmain wedding gown trimmed in ermine or sable so beautiful and appropriate married on Valentine's day. They were all so magnificent.

Marie Astrid of Luxemburg and her sister Margaret Louise were two of the loveliest brides off the beaten track I have ever seen.

You can find some pictures of Princess Margaretha, including her wedding, at WorldRoots:

Worldroots.com

And some of Princess Marie-Astrid on the same site:

Worldroots.com

My FIVE favorites in no particular order are

1)Queen Fabiola of Belgium

2)Infanta Cristina of Spain

3)Grace Kelly(Monaco)

4)Maxima Zorregueta(Netherlands)

5)Alexandra von Furstenburg(nee Miller)

Honorable mention to Mette-Marit of Norway(the only time I have EVER thought she looked truly beautiful) and Sarah Ferguson(I have to admit I was holding my breath in the days before her wedding but her gown was just beautiful. I still wish she had worn her hair in an upsweep-I did NOT like her hair. If she had worn a different hairdo I might have put her in my top five)

Last edited:
My five favorites are-

Alexandra von Furstenburg(nee Miller) I gasped when I saw her as a bride. The dress was just the ultimate bridal gown IMO. MUCH better than her sister
Marie-Chantal. Alexandra looked like a Queen.

Fabiola of Belgium-a winter stunner, with the dropped waist lined in ermine or mink. I loved that gown!

Maxima Zorregueta(the Netherlands) I loved her gown so much that I clipped photos of it. I thought the neckline especially elegant, and the skirt of it was sensational.

Grace Kelly(Monaco) Honestly, what is left to say that hasn't been said already about this gown? I can't believe how tiny her waist was. The gown displayed her long elegant neck and entire body to perfection. A CLASSIC.

Infanta Cristina of Spain. Ahhh. PERFECTION. She had the perfect lace mantilla worn over a perfect hairdo and perfect diamond earrings. She had a stunning gown that showed off her beautiful shoulders. And she had a PERFECT GROOM. My goodness he is gorgeous! I have never seen Cristina look that amazing.

Honorable mention to Mette-Marit of Norway. I never thought she was beautiful but on her wedding day she surpassed all expectations. She chose a simple, elegant gown that showed off her tall slim figure.

my favorite dresses are
1. princess margaret
2.princess grace of monaco
3.queen mary
4. queen elizabeth
5.viscountess linley

the worst dress
1.princess anne (1st wedding)
2.lady helen taylor

The Best
Princess Margaret
Lady Sarah Chatto
Princess Claire--
Honorable mention to Infanta Cristina
as a side note, Queen Paola's family veil is absolutely stunning. The most beautiful veil I have ever seen

The Worst--tough b/c of all of the royal brides, the 3 mentioned above stand the test of time. You could wear Princess Margaret's dress today and it won't look dated. The one's I dislike are the one's that look like a function of their time--ie, Diana, Astrid. Mabel is just in a class by herself. The most heinous creation I have ever seen.

Best wedding dresses:
Mette-Marit
Máxima
Mary

Worst wedding dresses:
Princess Mabel (What's with the bows? Yuck!)
Sophie of Wessex (It looked like the gown was slipping)
Princess Laurentien (didn't like the look)
Princess Annette
Princess Letizia (looked like a big gown for such a petite person)

A few mos ago Point de Vue had an issue devoted to "nos plus belles mariees"...or our most beautiful brides of all time. I can't remember all their choices, but the ones I do remember are Grace Kelly, Queen Fabiola, Princess Maxima, Princess Clothilde d'Orleans, Diana Princess of Wales, one of the Shah of Iran's wives, and Princess Letizia.

I was so thrilled to find three of my choices on the list!

1)Grace Kelly-almost too beautiful to be real

2)Queen Fabiola of Belgium-the most "Queenly" bridal gown I have ever seen, so elegant and majestic! The most beautiful and moving Royal Wedding of the Sixties, in my opinion.

3)Princess Maxima-Stunning. I wanted to jump right out, grab some guy off the street and get married just based on that STUNNING wedding gown and veil!

I didn't agree with the choice of Princess Letizia...I think her face looked like an angel but her hair looked unwashed and the neckline made her look like The Wicked Queen in a fairy story. I would have given the Infanta Cristina her spot as most beautiful bride.

But then again, I am not on staff at Point de Vue!!

Last edited:
I absolutely adored the "calla lily" sleeves on Mary's dress. I'd say it's my favorite. I didn't really like Diana's dress, too puffy.

I liked Mary's, Letizia's, and Mabel's dresses. I though they were three unique dresses for three unique ladies! That said I do think that Letizia's dress probably was not a good idea for such a petit lady but still a beautiful dress.

The Best
Princess Margaret
Lady Sarah Chatto
Princess Claire--
Honorable mention to Infanta Cristina
as a side note, Queen Paola's family veil is absolutely stunning. The most beautiful veil I have ever seen

the 3 mentioned above stand the test of time. You could wear Princess Margaret's dress today and it won't look dated. The one's I dislike are the one's that look like a function of their time--ie, Diana, Astrid.

This is an excellent point. The wedding dresses that cannot be placed within some fashion era are the ones that still look good years later. My favorites:

Lady Sarah Chatto (every aspect of her wedding was perfect, and she looked happy as well as beautiful)

Lady Helen Taylor (her dress was a confection, unusual without trying too hard)

Princess Mary (although I didn't like the skirt)

Other dresses I liked but thought they were wrong for the bride (and that's the point after all). Princess Letizia's dress falls into this category. It overwhelmed her.

The worst
Mabel - silly
Diana - huge and wrinkled
Countess Spencer - probably the worst I have seen

Last edited:
Mette-Marit was the most beautiful bride, ever! :wub:

My favorites dresses are Queen Sofia, Princess Grace, Infanta Cristina, Princess Maxima, Princess Claire and Princess Mette-Marit.

Back
Top Bottom