Best Royal Brides & Wedding Dresses

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't really like most of the september dresses much but Sibilla's my favorite of them all.
But the winner of them all is Olga's, obviously. It's quite literally comedy gold.

Queen Anne-Marie was a classic, beautiful young(very young!) Royal bride...simply lovely.

Clothilde de Savoy was also lovely, and Tessy of Luxembourg is one of the few women I have seen who wore a strapless wedding gown very successfully. The fit was perfect. The other perfect strapless gown was Chelsea Clinton's.

Princess Olga's entire bridal look made me laugh out loud. She looked as if she had horns, or antlers. Not attractive.:eek:

Queen Anne-Marie was a classic, beautiful young(very young!) Royal bride...simply lovely.

Clothilde de Savoy was also lovely, and Tessy of Luxembourg is one of the few women I have seen who wore a strapless wedding gown very successfully. The fit was perfect. The other perfect strapless gown was Chelsea Clinton's.

Princess Olga's entire bridal look made me laugh out loud. She looked as if she had horns, or antlers. Not attractive.:eek:

Absolutely agree on everything!

Got a laugh out of your Olga comment!

I think Olga's dress was deliberate in that I read she tried to stay close to what a traditional Greek bride would look like (?) I will admit I could be wrong.

The only difference between Claire and Stephanie's bridal sketches is the veils!:ohmy:

Did Claire get married in the 80's? That sketch has line backer shoulders.

Claire got married last week to Prince Felix, check the wedding thread for the actual picture of the dress.

Looks like the model in the sketch has her shoulders hunched to show the detail and movement of the dress.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Wedding Wednesday: October Brides

My all time favorites here are Infanta Cristina and Stephanie's gowns! Their wedding gowns are absolutely beautiful and fairytale like. One of the most beautiful wedding gowns I have ever seen.

I don't really like Serena or the Duchess of Alba's gowns but I don't think they are awful. Sibylla's gown looks lovely for it's time, and Paola's gown looks interesting. Aimee's gown is very lovely but I wouldn't wear it. The only gown I think is the worst here is Camilla's dress. Just way too much and it reminds me of Marie-Chantal's wedding gown. (Which I don't like!)

Stephanie of Luxembourg wore the most beautiful Royal wedding gown I have ever seen. She is my #1 choice for October brides, followed by Cristina of Spain and Aimee of the Netherlands.

For me the most beautiful Royal wedding gown belongs to Crown Princess Mary of Denmark.

Stephanie of Luxembourg wore the most beautiful Royal wedding gown I have ever seen. She is my #1 choice for October brides, followed by Cristina of Spain and Aimee of the Netherlands.

Couldn't agree more!

That dress!

For many years, my favorite dress was Queen Maxima's dress. I thought it was different and timeless. Just stunning.

With that being said, Elie Sabb's creation blew me away. It was the perfect dress for a lovely young woman. She looked just stunning!

I still look at pictures of that dress, and unfortunately, I can't say the same about Princess Claire's dress. Although, Claire looked beautiful, her dress for me, didn't hold candle to Stephanie's dress. I think Elie set a standard for himself with Stephanie's gown, that couldn't be matched when producing Claire's dress. I think that many people will always compare the two dresses, like myself.

As I said,Stephanie's dress is just breathtaking!

Couldn't agree more!

That dress!

For many years, my favorite dress was Queen Maxima's dress. I thought it was different and timeless. Just stunning.

With that being said, Elie Sabb's creation blew me away. It was the perfect dress for a lovely young woman. She looked just stunning!

I still look at pictures of that dress, and unfortunately, I can't say the same about Princess Claire's dress. Although, Claire looked beautiful, her dress for me, didn't hold candle to Stephanie's dress. I think Elie set a standard for himself with Stephanie's gown, that couldn't be matched when producing Claire's dress. I think that many people will always compare the two dresses, like myself.

As I said,Stephanie's dress is just breathtaking!

I agree, I loved it.

After going back through the October brides again, I noticed that the lovely dress that Princess Aimee wore, is quite similar to Queen Maxima's! I don't know if her dress is a Valentino gown or not, but the high neckline, the sleeves, and fabric, but they sure are similar!

Princess Claire of Luxembourg tops my list of the most beautiful bride - I just can't find a flaw.
Princess Madeleine of Sweden is a close second. Her dress from the bottom was not right, but she looked stunning and radiant nevertheless.

Princess Claire of Luxembourg tops my list of the most beautiful bride - I just can't find a flaw.
Princess Madeleine of Sweden is a close second. Her dress from the bottom was not right, but she looked stunning and radiant nevertheless.

I truly loved Madeleine's dress, I thought it was beautiful. I even liked the bottom. Claire was STUNNING

For me, the best royal brides are:

- Stephanie of Luxembourg
- Claire of Luxembourg
- Mette-Marit of Norway
- Madeleine of Sweden
- The Duchess of Cambridge
- The Duchess of Parma
- Lady Davina Lewis
- Zeina Shaban (Princess Zeina of Jordan)
- Princess Elizabeth (later Elizabeth II)
- Cristina of Spain
- Carolina of Bourbon-Parma
- Marie of Denmark
- Viktoria of Bourbon-Parma
- Aimee of Orange-Nassau

The runners-up are:

- Mary of Denmark
- Victoria of Sweden
- Alexia of Greece and Denmark
- Viscountess Linley
- Sibylla of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha
- Sophie Winkleman (Lady Frederick Windsor)
- Zara Phillips
- Tatiana Santo Domingo
- Nathalie of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleberg
- Mathilde of Belgium
- Paola of Belgium
- Maxima of the Netherlands

I re-did my all time favorite royal wedding dresses. These are gowns that I would personally wear. In my opinion, these gowns are the epitome of elegance, timelessness, fairytale-like, regal, and romantic wedding dresses. :flowers:

11. Princess Carolina of Bourbon-Parma
10. Princess Claire of Luxembourg
9. Queen Maxima
8. Queen Anne-Marie of Greece
7. Crown Princess Victoria
6. Princess Margaret
5. Queen Sofia of Spain
4. Crown Princess Mette-Marit
3. Princess Grace
2. HGD Stephanie
1. Infanta Cristina of Spain

Last edited:
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Wedding Wednesday: November Brides

From this article, I like Alice, Anne, and Annemarie's gowns. Though I would not wear those gowns, or the rest of the dresses. Too bad I don't have any all time favorite royal November wedding dresses.

Nevertheless, the worst here for me are Maria and Countess Alexandra's gowns. I love the veil of Queen Elizabeth's gown I don't really like her dress, though it's not awful.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Wedding Wednesday: November Brides

From this article, I like Alice, Anne, and Annemarie's gowns. Though I would not wear those gowns, or the rest of the dresses. Too bad I don't have any all time favorite royal November wedding dresses.

Nevertheless, the worst here for me are Maria and Countess Alexandra's gowns. I love the veil of Queen Elizabeth's gown I don't really like her dress, though it's not awful.

I feel the same about QEII's gown IloveCP. The veil is exquisite, but I have never liked the dress with those 1940's Joan Crawford shoulders. Her Coronation gown was simply stunning, a fantasy.

With the exception of the Duchess of Parma I don't like any of the November brides, but that photo of Lady Sarah Chatto with her bridesmaids is a classic!:flowers:

I think one of the most beautiful Royal Brides I have ever seen is the one worn by Katherine, Duchess of Kent. I was lucky enough to see in in real life and photographs did not do it justice.

I agree Mariec. It's beautiful in photos, but I was simply stunned when I saw it on video. It's a very classic, fairytale wedding dress that is really underrated, imo. :)

Queen Fabiola wore what was in my opinion the most beautiful Royal winter wedding gown ever, but I agree with IloveCP that it's not something I would or could wear. It's a bridal gown for a Queen! :p;)

1. FABIOLA!!!!
2. Stephanie of Lannoy
3. Grace

Worst is Mabel's
Mary of Denmark
Paola

Not to be argumentative, but if Fabiola is missing from a list then I don't give it much consideration. That dress is considered one of the top three of all time.

Last edited:
Queen Fabiola wore what was in my opinion the most beautiful Royal winter wedding gown ever, but I agree with IloveCP that it's not something I would or could wear. It's a bridal gown for a Queen! :p;)

Absolutely agree! Gown fit for a Queen. Lovely, lovely, lovely!

For me a wedding dress has to fit the bride's personality and style. While there are endless beautiful, even stunning gowns, they are unexpected, surprising (not in a good way) and often awkward.

Princess Letizia's gown was a work of art, but she seemed to be engulfed by the high collar of the gown which just made her seem like a turtle hiding in a shell. Princess Mette-Marit's gown was soft and romantic and very feminine and she looked so delicate but it did not reflect her very down to earth and practical personal style.

Princess Victoria's gown was a triumph of style over glamour. It's clean lines and style imitated Victoria's practical style and yet she looked so very regal, but I doubt very many would have been able to carry it off. HGD Stephanie's gown was very simply styled and reflected her serene nature while still being a stunning masterpiece. Yet once again I find myself thinking that few of her contemporaries could wear it to the same effect.

Princess Margaret and the Duchess of Kent had similar wedding dresses, both were of course fantastic; some of the few truly spectacular British royal bridal gowns.
The sketch of Mette Marit's gown is a poor representation of the actual dress.

Back
Top Bottom