Best Royal Brides & Wedding Dresses

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My favorites are Princess Grace, Fabiola, the Duchess of Kent, and the Countess of Wessex. Diana herself was beautiful but the dress a little too crumply and overdone for my taste.:nonono:

Here are my votes:
1. Princess Mary
2. Princess Mette-Marit
3. Princess Maxima

I love Grace's wedding dress but she was a stunning beauty with a perfect figure and I think that her perfect appearance made the dress even better... It fitted her style perfectly. She was a star of cinema after all...
I don't think that it would fit me, for example...

My top 3
1. Maxima
2. Anne Marie
3. Aimee

Best
Mette-Marit of Norway
Grace of Monaco
Mary of Denmark
Maxima of the Netherlands

Worst
Letitzia of Spain
Mathilde of Belgium
--what's with the high-collar neckline? They look like bat wings!

Best
Grace of Monaco
Mary of Denmark
Mette-Marit of Norway
Maxima of the Netherlands

Worst
Letitzia of Spain
Mathilde of Belgium
--what's with the high-collar neckline? They look like bat wings!

I like it..the high-collar neckline..For me it looks lovely.. ;)

Best:
Grace
Anita
Maxima

Honorable mention: Soraya. Her dress might be a bit unrestrained for a wedding, but it would be make a fabulous and dramatic evening gown for a gala or even a costume party.

Worst:
Mabel

1. Maxima of the Netherlands
2. Mette-Marit of Norway
3. Fabiola of Belgium (although this photo is not the best one to show her gown)

I agree with Leslie2006 about the high collars chosen by Letizia and Mathilde.... They remind me of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, and not in a good way.... :whistling: Although I would have to agree with EmpressRouge that the prize for the worst dress (possibly ever) goes to Mabel of Orange-Nassau, wife of Prince Friso of the Netherlands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mette Marit is my all time favorite. The dress is simple and fits her body so well. The dress is timeless and the fabric is outstanding. Letizia's dress I also liked simply for its embroidery. And it too fits her body so well and the fabric is wonderful.

I didn't vote, but I like Máxima and Marie of Denmark's wedding dresses the best.

I particularly do not like the wedding dresses of Princess Grace and Mette-Marit. The latter's was much too simple and I don't even want to talk about her "bouquet". I have never seen the specialty of Princess Grace's gown either.
And, of course, Mabel's wedding dress. It suited her personality (against the stream and she loves attention and the spotlights and such a dress would surely give her that) but I thought it was an ugly dress. I neither liked the color nor the bows.

Get married like a princess,...

Billedbladet has a nice report about wedding dresses inspired by princess wedding dresses:

Google Übersetzer

My two favourite ones:
Princess Diana
Princess Mary of Denmark

Billedbladet has a nice report about wedding dresses inspired by princess wedding dresses:

Google Übersetzer

That's really cool - although I'm not sure I'd want to marry in a dress I connect so closely with someone else. I think the remake of Margrethe's dress is the one that matches the closest.

Mette-marit of Norway- simple ,elegant
Maxima of the Netherlands- the whole look worked well
Anita of the Netherlands- very pretty
Aimee of the Netherlands- she looked so cute
and of course Grace of Monaco

I liked Leticia's as well i just think the collar should have been a little lower.

my voted
CP Maxima
CP Letizia
Princess Marie

My list

Top 3:
Mette-Marit of Norway (all time high)
Margrethe of Denmark
Silvia of Sweden

All three elegant, well fitting and well adapted to the tiara and veil worn.

Second best:

Mathilde of Belgium
Letizia of Spain
Christina of Sweden
Fabiola of Belgium

Worst:
Mary of Denmark (reminded me of a refracted napkin)
Mabel of the Netherlands (the bows)
Grace of Monaco (her headgear did not fit her at all)

All time low:

Diana of Great Britain (crumpled overdone wedding cake)

Last edited:
my all time favorite is princess grace, absolutely gorgeous, i loved it, so regal

Princess Grace
Queen Fabiola
Princess Maxima

That photo does not do Fabiola justice..her gown was cut and executed so perfectly it looks like it was sewn onto her body in some pictures...and the magnicent ermine lined train(20 feet long!) MUST be seen in full effect.. Great work by Balenciaga...Princess Grace was utter perfection but I agree with the poster who said Grace's overall gorgeousness is what made it work...very few women could have successfully worn a gown like that..Like Fabiola, this photo does not do Maxima's gown justice...the veil alone would have put her over the top! It was simply exquisite.

Honorable mention to Mette-Marit. That gown...the color and fit...as well as the veil are the last word in ELEGANCE. I have not seen her look so beautiful EVER.

Mathilde of Belgium and Letizia of Spain are beautiful women, but I didn't like their wedding attire AT ALL! Those pointy collars look like the Wicked Queen in Snow White, as someone else has already pointed out. Letizia's stunning veil saved her from being a disaster, and Mathilde's angelic radiant face saved HER, in my opinion!

I'm afraid I don't like wedding dresses and out of these photos the only passable wedding dress was worn by Mary.:flowers:

I loved Sarah Ferguson's dress. I didn't really liked Diana's.

I agree, even though Diana still was a Gorgeous Bride on account of Her Beauty and Demure Bearing. But Sarah Ferguson's Dress was more Royal as well as more elegant. The full skirt and the long train were just wonderful; the train should have been longer but it draped beautifully, I just loved it.
A more flowing and softer fabric would have made it even more gorgeous.
:angel:Angelique
:crown4:

Second best:
CP Mathilde of Belgium
Princess Anita

Worst:
CP Mary of Denmark
CP Mette Marit of Norway
(Two very beautiful wedding dress wedding dress as a princess heir to the throne, but more simple and without pomp. I think she must have been more glorious)
Princess Annette

All time my favourite : Princess Grace, Margrethe of Denmark and Princess Diana

The best for me:
Princess Grace,she was a fairy tale bride,with a beautiful lace dress and flattering headpiece.
Queen Fabiola of Belgium,with lovely white mink
Sarah Ferguson
Princess Diana,in spite of the wide sleeves,she was gorgeous,like a fairy tale princess
Marie -Chantal of Greece with lovely veil

The worst in my opinion,of course:
Princess Letizia of Spain,unflattering dress
Princess Mette-Marit,too simple dress
Sophie,Countess of Wessex,a medieval style I dislike
Queen Silvia of Sweden,too simple dress

My favourites are:
1) Princess Marie
2) Princess Maxima
3) Princess Grace

All Time Favorite Dresses Only:princess3:
Princess Grace
Princess Margaret
Queen Fabiola

New Favorite Dresses
Princess Mette-Marit
Princess Alexia (though she didn't really have the figure for it)
Lady Sara Chatto (MM's was very similar)
Princess Marie

Favorite Veil
Princess Maxima
Queen Paola (also used by Mathilde and Claire)
Queen Ingrid ( also used by all blood related decendants)

Favorite Tiara
Queen Ingrid (also used by all blood related decendants)
Princess Mable
Queen Sofia (also used by Letizia)

Favorite Bouquet
Sibilla of Luxembourg
Princess Mable

What about Princess Anita and Princess Aimee of The Netherlands. Not forgetting Prince Margaret and her daughter Lady Sarah, Tess of Luxumberg, Katherine of Kent and her daughter Lady Helen. Princess Alexandra of Kent - oh the list could just go on and on and on.:whistling:

Me - I like the simple look. Queen Margrethe of Denmark.:)

Favorite would be Letizia's then Sarah Ferguson's and Queen Elizabeth II's and also Dianas

Worstp Mary donaldson - To simple, and those weird cuts in the front all though the train was awesome!

Back
Top Bottom