The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-13-2012, 06:52 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The gown itself was actually quite nice; while not my favourite, it would definitely not feature in "hate" list too.
But the train... Those bows were just too much.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eve2Eden View Post
I'm so glad you said that, I thought I was the only one who liked Mabel's gown! (I've always been afraid to speak up! : )) It was so beautiful and unique...
It is exquisitely crafted, the material is gorgeous, it is unique (to say the least) and like I said, I feel this is the ultimate example of a wedding dress reflecting the bride "to a t"!!!

Old 12-13-2012, 07:24 PM
Courtier

Mabel's dress was beautiful except for the huge bows on the train and she looked so happy on this day. Her tiara sparkled and suited her perfectly. But the best dress was AD Francesca's Versace dress this was a dream come true and of course HGD Stéphanie's Elie Saab dress. That was perfection.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit View Post
Mabel's dress was beautiful except for the huge bows on the train and she looked so happy on this day. Her tiara sparkled and suited her perfectly. But the best dress was AD Francesca's Versace dress this was a dream come true and of course HGD Stéphanie's Elie Saab dress. That was perfection.

Yes, I agree, the train bows were overkill LOL!!!! But the rest was very nice. I agree about Stephanie's dress - classic, gorgeous, beautiful
Old 12-19-2012, 09:40 AM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: 2012 in Review: The Weddings

My favorite royal wedding dress of the year has got to be Stephanie's amazing wedding dress! Carolina's gown comes in second. Not really impressed by the other dresses. Can't wait to see the wedding dresses in 2013!
Old 12-19-2012, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Here are my worst royal wedding dresses:
15. Princess Marie
Personally I always loved Princess Marie's gown. I think it suited her perfectly. She looked very beautiful.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Personally I always loved Princess Marie's gown. I think it suited her perfectly. She looked very beautiful.
I thought Marie looked beautiful on her wedding day. I liked her dress alot. She may not be in my top wedding dresses but she not in the bottom either.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: 2012 in Review: The Weddings

My favorite royal wedding dress of the year has got to be Stephanie's amazing wedding dress! Carolina's gown comes in second. Not really impressed by the other dresses. Can't wait to see the wedding dresses in 2013!
Oh I agree - Stephanie was perfection on her wedding day!!!
Old 12-19-2012, 02:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Stéphanie's was my favourite gown too but Carolina's come in as a close second.
I can't wait to see how Madeleine and Claire's gowns will be next year.

Old 12-30-2012, 10:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eve2Eden View Post
I'm so glad you said that, I thought I was the only one who liked Mabel's gown! (I've always been afraid to speak up! : )) It was so beautiful and unique...
Dear Eve and Andolini,
Thank you for speaking your mind, even though some will vehemently disagree with you, which is also fine. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I am impressed, that in spite of the overwhelming dislike of Mabel's dress, you stated your views. It makes the Forum all the better for it. Actually, without the unending number of Bows, I would have liked the dress also..... But Stephanie's dress.....Hhhmm, just Love it!
The only dress that comes close to that, is a Gorgeous gown worn by one of the Spanish Infanta's. I will post a picture later, and perhaps one of you clever girls can tell me which of the Infanta's wore it. It is one of THE most gorgeous dresses, I feel.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:00 AM

Hello,
All replies were best about weding dresses
Old 01-03-2013, 07:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelique View Post
The only dress that comes close to that, is a Gorgeous gown worn by one of the Spanish Infanta's. I will post a picture later, and perhaps one of you clever girls can tell me which of the Infanta's wore it. It is one of THE most gorgeous dresses, I feel.
Do you mean Cristina?
http://www.hoymujer.com/pic.aspx?w=6...9004112421.jpg

This is one of my favourite bridal looks ever, too. She never looked better, IMO.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 01-06-2013, 05:46 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
Do you mean Cristina?
http://www.hoymujer.com/pic.aspx?w=6...9004112421.jpg

This is one of my favourite bridal looks ever, too. She never looked better, IMO.
Dear Annie,

I really like that Gown one as well! But I don't think this one (Christina's) is the one I am referring to. I will try and post a pic. Hugs,

Old 01-06-2013, 06:03 PM
Aristocracy

Here a picture of the Dress in question. It is really lovely I feel; very full and with an absolutely Divine Train, which is also very full and gorgeously long.
I would love to know who the infanta was that wore it. In the picture below, it is the third dress from the front. The one nearest the camera, is Christina's I believe, which is also really Gorgeous.

The Right to Dress Modestly--Even on Your Wedding Day

or this one, again, the third dress along:
Wedding Gown used by Queen Sofía of Spain - Museo de la Vida en Palacio, Palacio Real de Aranjuez | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Old 01-07-2013, 01:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
I thought Marie looked beautiful on her wedding day. I liked her dress alot. She may not be in my top wedding dresses but she not in the bottom either.
Same here. She didn't make my Top Ten, but she looked very beautiful even though I think she went too far in the tanning salon-she looked dark orange.

Her veil and hairstyle were particularly beautiful, imo.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelique View Post
Here a picture of the Dress in question. It is really lovely I feel; very full and with an absolutely Divine Train, which is also very full and gorgeously long.
I would love to know who the infanta was that wore it. In the picture below, it is the third dress from the front. The one nearest the camera, is Christina's I believe, which is also really Gorgeous.

The Right to Dress Modestly--Even on Your Wedding Day

or this one, again, the third dress along:
Wedding Gown used by Queen Sofía of Spain - Museo de la Vida en Palacio, Palacio Real de Aranjuez | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
That´s Elena´s dress
I haven´t been able to find a decent picture of her wearing the dress, only this one:
http://imagenes.publico.es/resources..._boda465gd.jpg

The train was lovely, but I´m afraid the rest of the dress is way too much 90´s for my taste. I still prefer Cristina over the rest of Spanish royal brides.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 01-07-2013, 11:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
That´s Elena´s dress
I haven´t been able to find a decent picture of her wearing the dress, only this one:
http://imagenes.publico.es/resources..._boda465gd.jpg

The train was lovely, but I´m afraid the rest of the dress is way too much 90´s for my taste. I still prefer Cristina over the rest of Spanish royal brides.
There are closeups from the displays of Spanish wedding dresses

Royal Wedding Dresses on Display

http://i47.tinypic.com/funblh.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/33peu0y.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/311rwx2.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/28bcshd.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/2dhfziv.jpg
Old 01-07-2013, 11:35 AM
Courtier

Elena's dress train is gorgeous, and she looked the best she has ever looked on her wedding day
Old 01-07-2013, 05:14 PM
Courtier

After watching the complete wedding video of Victoria and Daniel I have come to the conclusion that I think Crown Princess Victoria looked the most perfect of all brides on her wedding day. The dress perfectly suited her body shape and character, the tiara+jewellery, veil and hairdo were wonderfully coordinated as well as the bouquet. Not too much, not too little. Plus the main feature, to me, she was the one and only bride (that I watched at least) who was simply bubbling over with happiness on her wedding day and not afraid to show it.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
Stéphanie's was my favourite gown too but Carolina's come in as a close second.
I can't wait to see how Madeleine and Claire's gowns will be next year.
I liked just about everything about Stephanie's dress; but I though she needed better undergarments/corsetry. She looked extremely unsupportedly buxom, imo.

Tags
bride, fashion, royal weddings, royal weddings; royal wedding dresses, wedding dress