The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-20-2012, 07:46 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Before I saw Stephanie's dress, my favourite was Mette-Marit's. Now, however, Stephanie is firmly on the first spot.
What an amazing, beautiful and elegant creation!

Old 10-20-2012, 08:11 PM
Majesty

My favorite has been Catherine's, but now it's a tie between hers and Stephanie's. Both dresses are elegant and beautiful, and most of all, not over-the-top.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Stephanie's dress moved Victoria's down to No. 2 on my list with Maxima, Mette Marit and Margaret rounding out my top 5.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:59 PM
Courtier

My favourite have been Catherine`s wedding dress, but now its def Stephanie`s beautiful creation from Elie Saab, just F A N T A S T I C
Old 10-22-2012, 03:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

I believe that Stéphanie had definitely surprised us. Not many of us expected that she will look marvellous, just that she would continue her "Stéphanie"-look. But I loved her dresses.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Stephanie dress is now in my top ten favorite royal wedding dresses! Her gown was magnificent!
Old 10-22-2012, 04:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

She was lovely. Everthing looked perfect.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

I liked Stephanie's dress, but thought Kate's was better.

(And if Kate had worn a dress like Stephanie's she'd have been criticized for being too ostentatious). The dress, although lovely, was overwhelming.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:27 PM
Serene Highness

My top 5 now consists out of these ladies:

1. Stephanie
2. Charlene
3. Catherine
4. Grace Kelly
5. Laura Ponte

Laura gets so much points for individuality. That dress never wore her and it fits her to a tea.
And I loooved Stephanie's dress. Elie Saab's dresses are always so rich, gorgeous and showstopping.

For example, my favorite Saab show ever with one of his best closing wedding dress to date.

Skip to 11:23 for the wedding dress, but watch the whole show really.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:24 PM
Heir Apparent

I can honestly say I never thought another bride could or would replace Princess Grace as #1 on my Most Beautiful Royal Bride list...but Stephanie de Lannoy has come close. She didn't quite succeed in doing it...but she has come breathtakingly close indeed. Here is my new, revised list:

1)Princess Grace of Monaco
2)HGD Stephanie of Luxembourg
3)CP Maxima of the Netherlands
4)Fabiola Queen of the Belgians
5)Princess Charlene of Monaco
6)Katharine Duchess of Kent
7)Infanta Cristina of Spain
8)CP Mette-Marit of Norway
9)CP Victoria of Sweden
10)Princess Margaret

Stephanie's wedding gown was the stuff of fantasy. That long pearl and sequin studded train under floating out from her waist was simply magic.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:42 PM
Aristocracy

Moonmaiden23, I fully concur with your top 10 and comments.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:45 PM
Aristocracy

I SO agree with all of you! This Bridal Creation is Absolutely Gorgeous and is now definitely one of My Favorites. So Royally Elegant, Graceful and Feminine! I love it.....

Please enjoy these images at this link:
http://www.hellomagazine.com/brides/gallery/201210229781/princess-stephanie-bridal-look/1/#4

Old 10-30-2012, 11:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree with you top three Moonmaiden - though I think I'd switch Maxima and Stephanie's places. Princess Grace is definitely the number one on my list.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:07 AM
Heir Apparent

4Pam, I go back and forth between Stephanie and Maxima at the #2 position...it's actually too close to call and they are tied for number two, imo!(btw that photo in your avatar is priceless...love it so much!)

I could stare at both their bridal veils till I go into a trance....sheer perfection by Valentino and Elie Saab!

Angelique, those photos are breathtaking! Thanks for the link!
Old 10-31-2012, 12:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Worst:
Mary of Denmark
Sophie of Isenberg
Diana, Princess of Wales
Mabel Van Orange Nassau
Caroline of Monaco , 1st wedding
Old 10-31-2012, 09:27 AM
Courtier

I liked Mary's wedding dress even with its flaws. The design was great only the execution was bad.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelique View Post
I SO agree with all of you! This Bridal Creation is Absolutely Gorgeous and is now definitely one of My Favorites. So Royally Elegant, Graceful and Feminine! I love it.....

Please enjoy these images at this link:
http://www.hellomagazine.com/brides/gallery/201210229781/princess-stephanie-bridal-look/1/#4
These are absolutely beautiful. I love the jewelry. I think it went great with the dress. A bit off topic, but I love the second picture. Stephanie looks so sweet, and ethereal in int.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

My favorites are still
1. Victoria
2. Letizia
3. Mette Marit
Old 10-31-2012, 06:20 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I liked Mette- Marit's and Kate's.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:57 PM
Serene Highness

Well the best Royal bride was obviously HRH the Duchess of Cambridge and her wedding dress was simply divine. The artisans at The Royal School of Needlework are true professionals.
According to the Order of Sartorial Splendor, Catherine gown was number 5, oddly enough I was expecting to see a certain CP's wedding dress in the top ten but it didn't make it, although the Queen of Denmark did fly the flag for the Danes. Happy to see four Windsors make the list

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: New Top 10 List: Your Top Royal Wedding Gowns

When it comes to the best Royal brides and wedding dresses, HRH the Duchess of Cambridge is the alpha and the omega. The Angels sang as she glided towards the alter in Westminster Abbey. Absolutely beguiling.

Ah lets see.... Best Royal Bride: The Duchess of Cambridge
Best Wedding dress: The Duchess of Cambridge's

Tags
bride, fashion, royal weddings, royal weddings; royal wedding dresses, wedding dress

« Wedding mistakes | - »