2.Mette-Marit of Norway
3.Grace of Monaco
4.Letizia of Spain
5.Victoria of Sweden
6.Princess Royal
7.Princess Margaret

Old 05-03-2011, 08:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

To begin with ,most royal brides' dresses were classy,but simple in itself,as it concerns my tastes I rather prefer more unusual ,vintage or gothic styles(Vivienne Westwood) to the simple ones,but to keep class and originality it's not a simple matter .The celebrities used to have more specific dresses than royals,anyway I'd think it's better to avoid tacky models.
My general preferences go to Nicole Kidman,Jacqueline Kennedi,Celine Dion,Gwen Stephanie and Dita Von Teese styles.Or I prefer styles like this one:
http://www.weddingtemplates.net/wp-c...ng-dress-1.jpg
But from the royal brides' dresses I put them in this order of preferences
1.Princess Grace of Monaco timeless style
2.Princess Mary of Denmark
3.Sarah Ferguson(though I'll prefer more strapless modern variant of it)
4.Princess Maxima(I especially like her tiara in combination with all the outfit)
5.Kate,Duchess of Cambridge
6.Isabella Orsini
7.Lady Helen Taylor
8.Duchess of Kent
9.Princess Diana(ideal model for a virgin and very young bride)
10.Princess Marie of Denmark(coquette ,but showing dignity at the same time)
11.Tessy of Luxembourg
12.Princess Letizia
The other models I didn't notice or they are not in my taste at all.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:11 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Royal Wedding: Vote for your favourite royal bridal gown - hellomagazine.com
Old 05-05-2011, 05:46 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
A look-back at the wedding gowns of the Crown Princesses

1999 - Princess Mathilde
2001 - Princess Mette-Marit
2002 - Princess Máxima
2004 - Princess Mary
2004 - Princess Letizia
2010 - Princess Victoria

(Scanpix, ppe, anp)
2011 - Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge

(Zimbio)

Old 05-09-2011, 04:23 AM
Commoner

New list of favorite dresses:
1. Infanta Cristina of Spain
2. Victoria of Sweden
3. Letizia of Spain
4. Pr. Marie of Denmark
5. Pr. Claire of Belgium
6. Mette Maritt of Norway
7. Queen Margrethe of Denmark
8. GD Maria Therese of Luxembourg
9. Duchess of York

Worst (to me):
1. Pr. Diana
2. Sophie of Wessex
3. Mary of Denmark
4. Tatiana of Greece
5. Duchess of Cambridge (very dull and disappointing, sorry)
6. Autumn Philips
7. Pr. Mabel
Old 05-11-2011, 12:57 AM
Commoner

Current Favorites

My current top 10 favorite royal wedding dresses are as follows:

1.Princess Grace of Monaco (She really is THE STANDARD by which all are measured.)

*Princess Margaret (Elegant simplicity-organza-Love the POLTIMORE tiara)

*Princess Anne (Simple, unique - Love the sleeves and pearls - pure white)

*Queen Sophia of Spain (Beautiful lace - love the train from the shoulders)

* Crown Princess Mary of Denmark (Beautiful fabric/ lace veil and bride)

*Princess Diana (Fairytale, Presence, puts her in proportion to Charles, youthful)

*Queen Elizabeth II (for all it's symbolism and detail)

*Princess Maxima (love the lace veil, love the length of the train)

*Lady Sarah (Armstrong-Jones) Chatto (Like mother/like daughter-simplicity)

*Queen Victoria (For giving us WHITE, love the orange blossoms)

I like Crown Princess Mary and Princess Maxima's dresses probably more for the beautiful lace veils than the dresses.

Princess Grace and Crown Princess Mary were just beautiful brides, because they are just beautiful people. I think they could have worn a feed bag with a tiara and looked beautiful. Sometimes who is in the dress is as important as the dress itself as to the impact of the design.
Old 05-15-2011, 03:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
To begin with ,most royal brides' dresses were classy,but simple in itself,as it concerns my tastes I rather prefer more unusual ,vintage or gothic styles(Vivienne Westwood) to the simple ones,but to keep class and originality it's not a simple matter .The celebrities used to have more specific dresses than royals,anyway I'd think it's better to avoid tacky models.
My general preferences go to Nicole Kidman,Jacqueline Kennedi,Celine Dion,Gwen Stephanie and Dita Von Teese styles.Or I prefer styles like this one:
http://www.weddingtemplates.net/wp-c...ng-dress-1.jpg
But from the royal brides' dresses I put them in this order of preferences
1.Princess Grace of Monaco timeless style
2.Princess Mary of Denmark
3.Sarah Ferguson(though I'll prefer more strapless modern variant of it)
4.Princess Maxima(I especially like her tiara in combination with all the outfit)
5.Kate,Duchess of Cambridge
6.Isabella Orsini
7.Lady Helen Taylor
8.Duchess of Kent
9.Princess Diana(ideal model for a virgin and very young bride)
10.Princess Marie of Denmark(coquette ,but showing dignity at the same time)
11.Tessy of Luxembourg
12.Princess Letizia
The other models I didn't notice or they are not in my taste at all.

I have to say...the silver bridal gown displayed in that template is very unusual and might be too trendy for some...but I think it is extremely stunning...breathtaking!
Old 05-15-2011, 03:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

My FAVS of royal brides gowns is:
1. Kate Middleton
2. Princess Margaret: I love the huge skirt, it reminds me so much of Gone With the Wind)
3. Princess Grace: I really love that she didn't wear a tiara and went completely out of left field with a Juliet style cap. I wish the skirt began lower on her hips and the bow went lower on her stomach. I just felt it would have been better if those two difference were made.
4. Princess Alexandria (Queen Alexandria) circa 1863
* Honorable Mention Jackie Kennedy: Another Gone With The Wind gown
5.Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York: Only two bad things I can say about this gown, the puffy soldiers and the bow at the back. That's it! Everything else was beautiful.
*Honorable Mention, Queen Elizabeth's coronation gown worn in 1953. If I had the money I would totally have that gown for a wedding dress.
6. Princess Mary of Denmark
7. Princess Elizabeth (Elizabeth II): This gown has the unique position of being a dress I personally do not like, but one that I nonetheless recognize as being beautiful and unique. It's another gown where I love the details and the patterns put on the dress.
8. Mette-Marit or Norway: That was probably one of the best trains I have ever seen in history
*Honorable Mention Princess Victoria of Sweden
9. Autumn Kelly circa 2008, married to Peter Philips
10. Camilla Parker Bowels, the blue/greenisn gown with an overcoat

Worst
1. Princess Diana: Everything about it was WRONG! The color, the material, the huge sleeves, the skirt that didn't seem to know where her waist waist was, the lace that just seemed to be thrown anywhere on the dress. The only thing that looked good this day was Diana herself, and thought it gets some criticism, I did also like her hair.
2. Princess Mabel
3. Queen Rania
4. Princess Martha-Louise
5. Masako Owada
6. Mathilde
Old 05-15-2011, 04:12 PM
Nobility

1. Princess Grace of Monaco
2. Princess Marie of Denmark
3. Duchess of Cambridge
4. Queen Elizabeth II.
5. Princess Letizia
6. Autumn Kelly
7. Tatiana of Greece
8. Camilla Parker Bowles
Old 05-22-2011, 04:31 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Each of the "main" or "best known" wedding gowns in recent years has been distictive and had special qualities.

I do think that in recent years the most magnificent gown in terms of scale was Maxima's, closely followed by Mary's. In terms of cut and structure, Letizia's, Mette-Marit's and Catherine's were all very cleverly designed and made. For the A-typical royal wedding dress, I do still love Victoria's gown as it was made for a real princess!

Letizia's and Catherine's gowns had the most exquisite embroidery/applique.

As to the best? Oh I suppose I'll say Catherine's at the moment because of the structure, cut, understated train (albeit a couple of feet too short!!!), beautifully simple veil and what went into its making.
Well said with keen observances!
Old 05-22-2011, 05:25 PM
Serene Highness

My picks:

. Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge
. Princess Grace of Monaco
. Maxima of Netherlands
. Sarah Chatto

as for now :)
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:20 PM
Commoner

My picks

Let me say that I judged my favs based on whether or not the dress wa something that I personally would wear

My Favorite's are:
1. CP Letizia...b/c of the cut, originality, symbols/meanings
  • (i must say that I would have either chose a stand-up OR lay-down collar though, as opposed to the "in between" style she had, but I LOVED that it was stitched on both sides
  • Many have spoken that they thought her dress was ill-fitted & that she was too petite for it. I disagree..I really believe that the "looseness" captured in some pics was b/c of pre-wedding weight loss.
  • Also, I don't think the gold on her dress was tacky, I thought it was beautifully embellished as opposed to Queen Rania's perhaps.

2. CP Maxima
Honestly, I had never really appreciated her dress before, as I do now. It was lustrous, regal & overall stunning.

3. Princess Anne
I thought she looked wonderful and I LOVE the fabric her dress was made of. Even those her sleeves had some pouf & pomp, I still think it befit her

4. Infanta Cristina of Spain
Darn near perfect. The only reason she isn't higher on my list is that I have an affection for high-collars. But the fit, form and embellishing were flawless.

5. CP Victoria of Sweden
This gown really grew on me. I never disliked it, I just personally like a bit of adornment, but the overall clean lines and marvelous fabric capture me.

6. CP Mary of Denmark
I would have just had those "flaps" at the bottom of her skirt made into all one piece and perhaps her shoulders should have been measured a bit tighter to fit w/out buckling a bit.

7. CP Mette-Marit, now again, I like adornment, BUT I loved the line of this gown and it befit her perfectly! I can't imagine her in any other style...

Beautiful Brides w/dresses that I wouldn't wear myself, but deserve mention.
1. Grace Kelly= lovely, unforgettable, perfect for her, beautifully made BUT the skirt was a little too poufy 4 me & perhaps the overall look was "too sweet" for me

2. Princess Margaret=perfect fit for her body and stature, just too unadorned for me

3. Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge= no one can deny she was a pretty bride, but I equate it to what I said about Grace Kelly.

4. Princess Martha-Louise=didn't necessarily fall in love with the whole look, but I loved the little symbolism like her & Ari's initials entwined.

5. Queen Elizabeth=I loved her veil! I also thought her dress was the right silhouette for her body, but I would bot have it so embellished nowadays, but I understand why it was back when she married.

6. I also have to mention Sarah Ferguson, I really loved all of the symbolism that was sewn into her train and the fact that the colour of the gown was wonderful for her.

7. Lady Sarah Chatto was fresh and perfectly suited her.

8. Queen Margrethe of Denmark= Her wedding gown was VERY pretty and although it's not a style that I would wear, I think its spot on for her, embellishments and all.

9. Queen Fabiola of Belgium= Again, lustrous, rich fabric, simplicity in design but pure regal-ness

10. Queen Sofia of Spain= Sumptuous, just a little too much for my liking

BAD, but not worst
Marie-Chantal of Greece= I appreciate the workmanship, but WAY too much competition of the elements of her overall look

Princess Diana of Wales= The wrinkles didn't bother me as much as it did others, as silk taffeta IS known to wrinkle much....I just didn't think it highlighted her best. Everyone remembers how "bad" the dress was and NOT how pretty the bride should have been

Infanta Elena of Spain= Sorry but she nor the groom even looked happy to me, and although I Know it was not "off the rack" truthfully it looked like a gown that "anybody" could wear.

Princess Alexia of Greece= Sorry, but it did Nothing for her.

Sophie, Countess of Wessex= All of that wonderful embellishment was washed out, couldn't see, tell or grasp the details.

WORST:
Princess Astrid, Princess Mabel, Queen Rania, Tatiana of Greece, and whew I know there must be more, right
Old 05-22-2011, 11:25 PM
Heir Apparent

There have been mixed feelings of Mathildes wedding dress.I loved it but I would like to know why people did not.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:09 AM
Commoner

Oh yes,

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
There have been mixed feelings of Mathildes wedding dress.I loved it but I would like to know why people did not.
I knew I was forgetting someone
I must be truthful and say that CP Mathilde's gown "grew" on me. At first look, if it didn't have the stand-on-point collar, it wouldnt look like much. However, I DO appreciate what she was trying to do in being unique and also the cut and line of the gown.

I also have to mention that despite how she looks any other time, I though Camilla looked pretty great at her wedding
Old 05-23-2011, 12:26 PM
Heir Apparent

If I have not added her to my list already, the Duchess of Cambridge!
Old 05-24-2011, 01:08 AM
Heir Apparent

I loved Princess Annes and Martha Louises dresses,but I wouldnt wear it.Its just not my style but it did suit them well.I just love medieval style dresses!
Old 05-28-2011, 02:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Alexandra of Kent's wedding dress is very underrated.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-FI5QvG5Ic-...tViewColor.jpg
Old 06-01-2011, 10:43 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I loved Princess Annes and Martha Louises dresses,but I wouldnt wear it.Its just not my style but it did suit them well.I just love medieval style dresses!
Me too
Old 06-08-2011, 07:47 PM
Heir Apparent

My top 10 favorite royal wedding dresses.This is my personal list,and when I mean personal,I would wear them.

10.Princess Maxima-At first I did'nt like the dress but,it grew on me.It's unique and I love the fabric and the train.Everything was perfect!

9.Queen Sofia of Spain-I love the the lace details and veil.

8.Sarah,Duchess of York-This is what a fairytail dress looks like.It's so original and unique.

7.Queen Anne-Marie-This is a timeless dress.There is no fault here.

6.Princess Margaret-I love the full skirt and how simple it is.

5.Princess Claire-I just love the off the shoulder look and the lace details.

4.Princess Victoria-From the fabric to the folded off the shoulder neckline this dress is perfect.

3.Princess Grace-No one is suprised she's here.The lace top,the skirt,the back,and the veil are stunning.

2.Princess Mette-Marit-There are just too many words!It is simple but the best part of it is the beautful train and veil.

1.Infanta Cristina-Again,too many words!It's not inappropriate even though it's not high necked and,it's very flattering.Simple really is the best!

Tags
bride, fashion, royal weddings, royal weddings; royal wedding dresses, wedding dress