Best Royal Brides & Wedding Dresses

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Princess Margaret and the Duchess of Kent are both on my list for most beautiful Royal bridal gowns.

And I liked Mette-Marit's actual gown so much better than the sketch.

:previous: I agree, the drawing did not do it justice. However, even the still photos, while showing the almost fairytale aspect of the gown, missed the "drama" of it. I saw a video of her walking up the aisle and the way the bottom of her dress seemed to gently ruffle made Mette-Marit seem to float down the aisle. Pure magic.

For me a wedding dress has to fit the bride's personality and style. While there are endless beautiful, even stunning gowns, they are unexpected, surprising (not in a good way) and often awkward.

Princess Letizia's gown was a work of art, but she seemed to be engulfed by the high collar of the gown which just made her seem like a turtle hiding in a shell. Princess Mette-Marit's gown was soft and romantic and very feminine and she looked so delicate but it did not reflect her very down to earth and practical personal style.

Princess Victoria's gown was a triumph of style over glamour. It's clean lines and style imitated Victoria's practical style and yet she looked so very regal, but I doubt very many would have been able to carry it off. HGD Stephanie's gown was very simply styled and reflected her serene nature while still being a stunning masterpiece. Yet once again I find myself thinking that few of her contemporaries could wear it to the same effect.

Wow! Thanks for such a great reply/post.

Your examples and dresses are spot on. When you don't know much about someone's personality, it's hard to know if it truly does fit them. I love what you had to say in regards to HGD Stephanie and Crown Princess Victoria -it took me back for a minute (same for the other brides) and enjoy the moments.

There are some dresses that just do not work for some of them, and I wonder what was going through the designer and the brides mind. Sometimes personality does not get a chance to kick in because if the dress is just too much in general...

Some are so soft on the eye and beautiful, that no matter what the personality, it just works.

Sorry for the rambling!

I think I may possibly run across this "sketch" of the Duchess of Cambridge!

Can some one confirm weather they think this is possibly the case?

ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1387177345.826310.jpg

I also came across this interesting sketch of sorts for Princess Elizabeth (Elizabeth II)

ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1387177888.932289.jpg

1-Queen Maxima
2-Princess Stephanie of Luxembourg
3-CP Letizia

I also came across this interesting sketch of sorts for Princess Elizabeth (Elizabeth II)

View attachment 290850

How beautiful! I love these sketches of HM QEII's dress much better than the real thing. I didn't care for the shoulder pads and the whole 1940's "look" of the Queen's bridal gown. But her veil was just exquisite.:whistling:

Stephanie's dress for me really is a stunner! The best! She was so elegant and so regal! Elie Saab created one amazing gown. The. Maxima ( she was my favorite for years -2002) is now my second now.

I think I may possibly run across this "sketch" of the Duchess of Cambridge!

Can some one confirm weather they think this is possibly the case?

View attachment 290849
Could be. It certainly is not a photo as the scale of the picture is well out. Her head is a little small and the skirt is so long she would have needed to wear somewhat tall stilts! No not her shoes!:D

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Year in Review: 2013's Royal Brides

My favorite royal wedding gown of 2013 is Vicky Andren's dress. Her gown was beyond exquisite to me. Claire's gown is my runner up. Her gown was also breathtaking. I don't think her gown is awful but Tatiana's dress is my least favorite here.

My favorites:

1. Vicky
2. Claire
3. Princess Iman
4. Princess Madeleine
5. Kendra Spears
6. Viktoria

My choices:

1) Vicky Andren
2)Claire Lademacher
3)Princess Madeleine

Most Noble, Beautiful and Elegance Royal Wedding Dress

1- Applique Chapel Train Wedding Dress

2- Princess Satin Ruched Dipped Wedding Dress
3- V-neckline Pleats Organza Column Wedding Dress

and

Most Worst Royal Wedding Dress

1- One Shoulder V-neckline Chapel Train Gown Dress

Best Royal brides and wedding dresses

Update:
1. Princess Grace (iconic and 60yrs later royal brides are still taking inspiration from it)
2. Princess MargAret(very close to #1)
3. Grand Duchess Stephanie of Luxembourg
Honorable Mention: Jackie Kennedy
4. Princess Mette Marit
5. Princess Alice of England (1862)
6. Princess Mary
7. Sarah Duchess of York
8. Catherine Middleton
9. Princess Alexandria/Queen of England
10. Camilla Parker Bowles
Honorable Mention Addition:
Princess Charlene

Worst
Hasn't changed

Best Trains:
Princess Mette Marit
Princess Stephanie
Princess Charlene
Soraya of Iran
Sarah Duchess of York
Queen (then Princess) Margarethe
Catherine Middleton
Princess Diana
Princess Victoria
Katherine Duchess of Kent

Last edited:
Of cource my favorite bride is crown princess victoria as bride then queen maxima :) princess noors bride was beautiful too queen ranias and crownprincess marys bridegown was the worst

1. Grand Duchess Stephanie
2. Crown Princess Maxima
3. Princess Grace
4. Crown Princess Victoria
5. Maria Da Gloria

Personally I think a royal wedding dress should be different from a wedding dress which anyone could have as long as they can afford it. That is what differentiate royal bride from normal bride.

As such, even though they may not have been in the top-10 list, my choice of best royal wedding dress will be these gowns which included symbolic designs/embroideries on them:
1) Queen Elizabeth
2) Queen Letizia
3) Sarah, Duchess of York

Nowadays royal brides are choosing simple, clean line of gown which may remain a classic but without any distinctive differentiation with gowns which ordinary brides could also order.

well it's hard to choose... My list of the royal brides I've seen...

1)Madeleine of Sweden
2)Mette-Marit of Norway(it simply suited her very much)
3)Marie of Denmark

I love lace!
Charlene might have been in the ltop 3 too but IMO the duoble train was too much

Last edited:
My choices:

1) Vicky Andren
2)Claire Lademacher
3)Princess Madeleine

It is about the best royal brides, Miss Andren was neither royal nor noble. Also her husband Mr Magnusson was neither royal nor noble.

:flowers:

My choices:

1. Grand Duchess Stephanie
2. Queen Maxima
3. Princess Madeleine
4. Crown Princess Victoria
5. Crown Princess Mary
6. Princess Charlene
7. Princess Claire of Luxembourg
8. Princess Marie of Denmark
9. Queen Letizia
10. Princess Claire of Belgium

It is about the best royal brides, Miss Andren was neither royal nor noble. Also her husband Mr Magnusson was neither royal nor noble.

:flowers:

As I am more than aware, Duc. My response was to a question about those specific 2013 brides in the blog "Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor" so I answered with the dresses I liked best of the choices offered.

http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.com/2013/12/year-in-review-2013s-royal-brides.html

My personal choices for most beautiful Royal brides remain:

1)Princess Grace of Monaco
2)HGD Stephanie of Luxembourg, Queen Maxima (tied)
3)Princess Charlene of Monaco
4)Queen Fabiola of Belgium
5)Princess Margaret

Last edited:
my favourites our
Princess Graces
Princess Mette- Marit
Princess Margret Windsor

It looks like a photoshop sketch to advertise one of the portrait dolls of the Duchess of Cambridge in her bridal gown. Many times, before doll in production, the advertisement will have a concept image such as this.

Princess Stephanie of Luxembourg and Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg wedding dress I like most. The bride wore a custom couture Elle Saab gown heavily embroidered with pearls, beads and silver thread. The ivory gown had a bateau neck, three-quarter-length lace sleeves and a long train. Her long, lace-trimmed veil fell from the Lannoy family diamond tiara.

Nothing beats this dress and veil which were truly royal in all aspects: http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/fb/2d/46/fb2d462e3c774067c46d6f64fb314af1.jpg what made it very masterful was that the hidden inlays (only visible when in movement) were lined with the same exquisite lacework: http://krant.telegraaf.nl/krant/huwelijk/fotos/huwelijk.autoin.jpg
Actually, I would say that those two photos would be pretty hard to beat.

Maxima's gown was very lovely but you actually pinpointed something that most people initially missed . . . the details. While I think that the lace inserts were beautiful they were mostly lost thanks to the overuse of flash photography. This problem has occurred in many cases, Catherine's gown was heavily embroidered in the front and around down around the skirt and train but much of the detail was lost.

Using Stéphanie de Lannoy's beautiful gown for an example, since the details are available:
Order of Sartorial Splendor said:
The leafy pattern embellished all over the ensemble included 50,000 pearls, 80,000 crystals, and 10,000 meters of silver embroidery thread.
I didn't get a good look at pearls, crystals or silver embroidery because outside the sun plus flash photography obscured it all and inside the Cathedral it was swamped for the most part.

I think of Queen Elizabeth's wedding dress with it's incredible embroidery and her heavily embroidered silk tulle train and I believe some of the black and white shots showed it far better contrast than the the colour film.

Ehen i saw princess nejlas wedding photos and her wedding dress i was fascinated it is so beautiful one oft the beautifullest jordanian wedding dress

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1414236892456.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1414236892456.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 263
  • _20141025_133036.jpg
    _20141025_133036.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 295
My numer one is gown wore by Princess Claire of Luxembourg, she looked awesome! and I agree with sancakli70, princess Nejla wedding dress, it was realy beautiful

Back
Top Bottom