Old 01-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
I'd rather have the simple and elegant ones than the fairy tale stuff
Me too Like CPss Mary, CPss Maxima and CPss Victoria

Old 01-01-2011, 05:12 PM
Royal Highness

Upon seeing them all like this, I've changed my opinion on Princess Marie's dress- i like it!
Old 01-01-2011, 05:19 PM
Serene Highness

Marie's dress looks great, the only objection I have is, that is makes her look like she has short short legs
Old 01-10-2011, 10:35 AM
Commoner

Best:

Victoria of Sweden
Mette Marit of Norway
Mathilde of belgium
Maria Teresa of Luxembourg (although I dislike fur)

Oddest:

Mabel - epic
Mary - good idea, but terrible fabric
Tatjana of Greece

Worst:

Kalina of Bulgaria - actually it was the veil
Sarah Duchess of York - too 80s
Rania of Jordan - too 90s
Old 01-17-2011, 03:10 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

My top 10

1 Princess Marie
2 Princess Claire
3 Kelly Rondestvedt
4 Princess Mathilde
5 Marie Christine of Austria
6 Tessy of Luxemburg
7 Isabella Orsini
8 Elisabeth D'Udekem d'Acoz
9 Princess Mary
10 Princess Victoria
Old 01-17-2011, 03:21 PM
Commoner

I like Victoria's and Kelly's dresses the most
Old 01-17-2011, 03:44 PM
Royal Highness

- Princess Marie
- Princess Claire
- Princess Mette-Marit
- Princess Grace
Old 01-18-2011, 12:00 PM
Courtier

There are at least three yet soon-to-be-worn wedding dresses to be added to this discussion (Kate's, Charlene's and Zara's). Our list might look different by the end of the year. I really put lots of hope in Kate's dress imagining her walking down the aisle in a Mette-Marit-style dress.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naggi View Post
There are at least three yet soon-to-be-worn wedding dresses to be added to this discussion (Kate's, Charlene's and Zara's). Our list might look different by the end of the year. I really put lots of hope in Kate's dress imagining her walking down the aisle in a Mette-Marit-style dress.
I think that dress would suit her beautifully as well, Naggi. My worst fear is that she decides to be influenced by "tradition" and whips out the the big-sleeved 1980s cake/float horror as a tribute to her deceased mother-in-law and wear it...after I picked up my jaw and LMAO, I would probably die.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naggi View Post
Kate's dress imagining her walking down the aisle in a Mette-Marit-style dress.
OMG, I hope I won't have to see that I really didn't like MM dress, the top half looks to me as if it has been made out of some stretchy material. Sorry, but I don't like it at all
Old 01-18-2011, 01:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternchen View Post
OMG, I hope I won't have to see that I really didn't like MM dress, the top half looks to me as if it has been made out of some stretchy material. Sorry, but I don't like it at all
hahahaha, Sternchen, you made me laugh :-) Well than lets hope that she will wear a dress which will satisfy both of us so we can both enjoy the wedding :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
I think that dress would suit her beautifully as well, Naggi. My worst fear is that she decides to be influenced by "tradition" and whips out the the big-sleeved 1980s cake/float horror as a tribute to her deceased mother-in-law and wear it...after I picked up my jaw and LMAO, I would probably die.
Her slim figure would simply look beautiful in a swan-like cutted dress like Mette-Marit wore. I think the Norwegian crown princess simply looked beautiful in it wich gave here a certain majestic aura. For me Kate has the same statute as Mette-Marit has, so I thought she might look the best in such a dress. Though I loved Diana's dress and still do I always consider it as the style of the early 80s. It was very much influenced by her age and by tradition. Kate is much older than Diana was and thank God we don't live in the fashion disaster 80s anymore. So lets hope that Kate will decide "wisely" :-)
Old 01-18-2011, 02:04 PM
Aristocracy

Well I did love Dianas weddingdress, she looked like a true princess.

But I don't think anyone else would look beautiful in such a "princess dream incarnated" - but Diana looked wonderful.

I think a royal weddingdress has to be a bit more classic that "ordinary" wedding dress.

There has to be a sleeve.

Not to much lace.

And I do prefer a thick silk.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:55 PM
Aristocracy

Most beautiful wedding Dresses

Dear Stephanie,
I feel that most of your choices are really beautiful. These Gowns are Regal and yet Romantic and very feminine. However, personally I admit to being also partial to the really Majestic and Regal Gowns like Maxima's Gown, Farah Diba's Gown, Fergie's Gown and also Queen Fabiola's Gown, which was just Gorgeous too. (and so many more of that vintage)
I guess our preferences also involve our age!! Ha, I am in my late forties now, so....
Angelique

Old 01-18-2011, 10:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well I loved Princess Grace of Monoco,

Princess Maxima

Queen Silvia of Sweden

But~ I too reserve the right to update my favorites based on the upcoming nuptuals this year! I have a feeling we will see some excellent, classic, timeless designs!
Old 01-19-2011, 10:13 PM
Nobility

I have long wanted to weigh in on this topic. Why do we women love weddings and gowns SO much...?? I am voting for loveliest bride in overall terms and not just the most beautiful gowns.

1. My all time favorite is Princess Grace. Her gown was certainly spectacular, but the way she wore it put it over the top. Her carriage and impeccable posture were the icing on the cake, so to speak. And notice: no decolletage or bareness at all. Just a truly lovely gown on a truly lovely woman.

2. Crown Princess Mary. Perhaps the gown was not perfect, although it was appropriately styled by a modern Danish designer for a modern Danish princess. But it was in good taste and was elegant. However, it was her carriage, aura and impeccable posture that lifts her to the top of my list. Again, a lovely and elegant woman made a lovely and elegant bride, and her overall appearance was nothing short of spectacular. Even the antique veil that lay somewhat awkwardly around her face could not detract from the overall effect. And I understand the fact that the antique veil was likely a 'must wear' to satisfy traditional sentiment.

3. An unusual dress, very medieval in feeling, but beautiful and perfectly fitted and flattering was Mette-Marit's gown. She was a stunning bride.

I feel that none of the others can compare with these two. Victoria's dress was very good, but the sleeve length did NOT flatter her arms. In fact, it made them look thick. Since I have seen her in sleeveless dresses, this did not need to have been the case. That sleeve length is flattering only on a thin, tall woman with long arms.

Many forum members like Marie's dress. It was indeed a beautiful gown, but, put me down to being a traditionalist, royal brides generally steer away from decolletage, so this was a bit of an odd note. Even most royal brides not marrying into the line of succession tend to avoid decolletage, so I found her dress surprising, although most lovely for any more typical bride.

Letitizia's and Sophie's gowns did not fit particularly well. Maxima's gown was beautiful, but her personal aura and carriage was not as notable as P. Grace or P. Mary. I would make the same comment about Marie Chantal. The lovely Rania needed a different gown, although religious concerns probably dictated the conservatism of her ensemble. But she certainly needed a different hair dresser!

The prize for national symbolism and meaning goes to Princess Elizabeth! The dress didn't fit particularly well, which may have been a stab at conservatism, because she did possess a spectacular figure which the dress downplayed. Still it was lovely and was intended to commemorate her subjects around the world.

The worst? In my estimation, Pr. Mabel.

I would like to think that we are all in for a treat in the future Princess William. She has a great eye, great style, a lovely figure and carriage, and a sense of the appropriate.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:29 PM
Royal Highness

I think I posted in this thread years ago. Today I'd pick the following dresses in this order: 1. Mette Marit
2. Marie
3. Maxima
4. Sarah Armstrong Jones
Old 01-28-2011, 01:14 PM
Heir Apparent

1. CPV of Sweden
2. SAJ- England
3. P . Marie- Denmark
4. CPL- Spain
5. Fergie- England
6. Diana - England
On the fence about:
1. Mary- Denmark

Dislikes in order:
1. Sophie- England
2. Mathilde - Belgium
3.Lady Linley- England
4. Maxima- Netherlands
5. Mette- Marit- Norway
Old 01-29-2011, 10:13 PM
Nobility

There's something that has been bugging me for a while as I look at all the royal weddings and that is do other royals know what the wedding dress or bridal party dresses look like as the Royals don't look at all suprised by what htye see, some don't really show any emotion at all.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:43 AM
Majesty

with no contest for me Mette Marit of Norway

Tags
bride, fashion, royal weddings, royal weddings; royal wedding dresses, wedding dress