Best Royal Brides & Wedding Dresses

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That´s Elena´s dress ;)
I haven´t been able to find a decent picture of her wearing the dress, only this one:
http://imagenes.publico.es/resources/archivos/2007/11/13/1194980477236duques_mas_boda465gd.jpg

The train was lovely, but I´m afraid the rest of the dress is way too much 90´s for my taste. I still prefer Cristina over the rest of Spanish royal brides.

I agree that Cristina was the most perfect Royal Spanish bride. I didn't hate Elena's outfit, I just don't think it's elegant and timeless like her sister's.

As for Letizia, she was drowning in a dress that overwhelmed her, and her hair was just sad, imo. :ermm: Only her lovely face and veil were perfect.

Last edited:
After watching the complete wedding video of Victoria and Daniel I have come to the conclusion that I think Crown Princess Victoria looked the most perfect of all brides on her wedding day. The dress perfectly suited her body shape and character, the tiara+jewellery, veil and hairdo were wonderfully coordinated as well as the bouquet. Not too much, not too little. Plus the main feature, to me, she was the one and only bride (that I watched at least) who was simply bubbling over with happiness on her wedding day and not afraid to show it.
You are right. We can all debate the minutia of wedding dresses and paraphernalia but you would be hard pushed to find such a perfect "Bride = Dress" combination. It really did reflect the Victoria we love at her very, very best. That day we got a unique glimpse of a future queen; perfect posture, beautifully gowned yet seemingly oblivious to all the extraneous pomp and circumstance. So much so that it was almost as if we got a peek at a private wedding where the bride and groom were warm, vibrant, comfortable in their own skins, so very in love and unashamedly sharing with family and friends.

That´s Elena´s dress ;)
I haven´t been able to find a decent picture of her wearing the dress, only this one:
http://imagenes.publico.es/resources/archivos/2007/11/13/1194980477236duques_mas_boda465gd.jpg

The train was lovely, but I´m afraid the rest of the dress is way too much 90´s for my taste. I still prefer Cristina over the rest of Spanish royal brides.

Thank you soo much Annie! I appreciate your help; And I must admit, that now that I have finally seen the front of the Dress, like you, I am not as impressed anymore as I was before..... Yes, Christina's Dress is probably no1 of the Infanta Gowns, for me too! Thanks again.:flowers:

Last edited:
Elena's dress train is gorgeous, and she looked the best she has ever looked on her wedding day:flowers:

I agree Andolini; The Train is just gorgeous. But the front let's the rest of the Dress down I feel. Still, now that I have seen Elena in the Dress, I admit, She still looks gorgeous. Thanks:flowers:

I liked just about everything about Stephanie's dress; but I though she needed better undergarments/corsetry. She looked extremely unsupportedly buxom, imo.:flowers:

I agree; The Dress might have been even lovelier with a little extra support underneath; perhaps a fuller hoop with lots of layers. But heavens, what a Divine Dress.......:flowers::whistling:

You are right. We can all debate the minutia of wedding dresses and paraphernalia but you would be hard pushed to find such a perfect "Bride = Dress" combination. It really did reflect the Victoria we love at her very, very best. That day we got a unique glimpse of a future queen; perfect posture, beautifully gowned yet seemingly oblivious to all the extraneous pomp and circumstance. So much so that it was almost as if we got a peek at a private wedding where the bride and groom were warm, vibrant, comfortable in their own skins, so very in love and unashamedly sharing with family and friends.

Oh, I agree - Crown Princess Victoria is just a wonderful, amazing future queen, and her wedding, if I had to choose one, is my favorite. As you put it so well, everything reflected Daniel and Victoria perfectly. Everything. Now with little Estelle, they are the cutest family!!!:flowers::flowers::flowers:

I absolutely agree. Our future Queen was the most enchanting bride. Extraordinarie was also her wish that all Swedes should be able to enjoy all of the festivities around and including her wedding. The television coverage was un-precedented.

In no specific order, as I would wear any of their gowns...Victoria, Charlene and The Princess Anne.

Francesca's dress by Versace is a dream. Here she is wearing a jacket over it but I have pics of the dress and it is beautiful. I can post them later if there is some interest in it. :)

Francesca's dress by Versace is a dream. Here she is wearing a jacket over it but I have pics of the dress and it is beautiful. I can post them later if there is some interest in it. :)

Absolutely beautiful. The coat alone is to die for, but I also died when I saw the gorgeous gown underneath. Perfect winter wedding.:flowers:

I agree it was a perfect winter wedding dress and the perfect day for it. It was awfully cold that day I think we had several minus degrees. About - 18 in the early morning as far as I remember.

Absolutely beautiful. The coat alone is to die for, but I also died when I saw the gorgeous gown underneath. Perfect winter wedding.:flowers:
Dear Andolini, do you happen to have access to a picture of Baroness Francesca 's wedding? I agree with you, from what I could glimpse: the coat is Divine, but I have not see the dress as yet. I have to laugh at your expression; "I died when....etc" I hope you don't mind me saying so.... :flowers:

Dear Andolini, do you happen to have access to a picture of Baroness Francesca 's wedding? I agree with you, from what I could glimpse: the coat is Divine, but I have not see the dress as yet. I have to laugh at your expression; "I died when....etc" I hope you don't mind me saying so.... :flowers:

Of course I do not mind you saying so!!!! Her dress may not be to everyone's taste, but I see it as the best of both worlds - 2 different wedding dresses!!!:flowers:

Attachments

• ArchdukeKarlWedding.jpg
    ArchdukeKarlWedding.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:
Of course I do not mind you saying so!!!! Her dress may not be to everyone's taste, but I see it as the best of both worlds - 2 different wedding dresses!!!:flowers:

ooopsy!!! Let try to post the picture again!!!

Attachments

• ArchdukeKarlWedding.jpg
    ArchdukeKarlWedding.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 317
  • 3017985237_2_19_TqlyCUk5.jpg
    3017985237_2_19_TqlyCUk5.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 382
ooopsy!!! Let try to post the picture again!!!

Love! I always thought they were one, but that the "coat" was simply the top that buttoned off and could be removed for the bottom dress to be unveiled, but it looks like there are in fact two different dresses! Correct me if I am wrong,

Love! I always thought they were one, but that the "coat" was simply the top that buttoned off and could be removed for the bottom dress to be unveiled, but it looks like there are in fact two different dresses! Correct me if I am wrong,

Oh dear, I posted again without proofreading!!!! What I meant to say was that I love that the dress LOOKS like two different dresses!!! Once again, I posted my comment too hastily!!! Sorry!!:flowers::flowers::)

I think so, too, that this is one dress only - plus coat :)
Nevertheless: beautiful!!!!
BYe Bine

Just exquisite, I agree:flowers:

Absolutely! I love it, the "look" is just soo elegant and Regal, yet also very romantic. And very practical for a winter wedding. Her father looked gorgeous too in His period costume.......just lovely.
Thank you for posting the photo's Andolini! Cheers,
:flowers::winkiss:

Absolutely! I love it, the "look" is just soo elegant and Regal, yet also very romantic. And very practical for a winter wedding. Her father looked gorgeous too in His period costume.......just lovely.
Thank you for posting the photo's Andolini! Cheers,
:flowers::winkiss:

Cheers to you too dear!!!!!:flowers:

I agree, Princess Charlotte's gown is really beautiful.
I can now see why Queen Victoria's gown was considered "simple" in comparison.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom