Best Royal Brides & Wedding Dresses

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My favorite Royal Valentino bride is Maxima, she was just all around an incredibly beautiful bride.

But I also love Lady Nicholas Windsor's gown. It's the first time I've noticed how truly beautiful it was!

Favorite is Marie Chantal's wedding gown. Only thing I would have changed is not make the bottom so straight and wooden. THe image for Paola de Frankopan's doesn't give a lot of detail, but it looks like a pretty gown for a simple royal wedding. Hey what kind of tiara is Countess Matilde Borromeo wearing on her head. It looks nice. As for her gown, I think it would have been great if it wasn't for the train and its strange fabric creation.

Countess Matilde. Because it's quite un-Valentino. Most Valentino dresses are awful, in my opinion. Almost on the same level as Chanel-hideous.

Empress Merel said:
Countess Matilde. Because it's quite un-Valentino. Most dresses Valentino dresses are awful, in my opinion. Almost on the same level as Chanel-hideous.

Which Mathilde are you talking about? because the Crown Princess of Belgium wore a dress by Natan. Maxima wore a Valentino dress.

Which Mathilde are you talking about? because the Crown Princess of Belgium wore a dress by Natan. Maxima wore a Valentino dress.
Countess Matilde Borromeo.
She's in the list of the Royal brides whom all have worn Valentino for their wedding day.

I did not notice the link, the tiara has to be the best part of that wedding outfit.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Wedding Wednesday: Natan Gowns

Natan is not one of my favorites, but he has made beautiful wedding gowns. Not a fan of coat dresses but I love Mathilde's simple look. The design on Claire's dress is gorgeous. However, even though I like Clarie's dress, it's not one of my favorites as I seen a lot of dresses that are very similar to her's. While Laurentien's gown is not one of my favorites, it is interesting and it suits her.

:previous: While Claire's wedding dress was nothing remarkable, especially for a royal bride, it was the best of Natan's wedding gowns, IMO. Considering what the tailoring of his clothing is usually like, it is hard to believe that this dress was so beautiful in design and so seamless in fit...and so flattering to the wearer.

I have never liked the other two gowns--that said, I think that Mathilde's is the nicer of the two.

I cannot think of one Edward Vermeulen/Natan gown that I really, really love. Even Princess Claire's-which is the only one that comes close-looks poorly fitted and bought off the rack. :sad:

I am crossing my fingers, my toes, and even my eyes that Natan is not in charge of Stephanie de Lannoy's bridal gown.

favourites :

1-CP Maxima
2-Countess Stephanie
3-CP Letizia
4-CP Victoria
5-Duchess of Cambridge
6-Princess Marie
7-Princess Charlene
8-CP Mathilde

Before I saw Stephanie's dress, my favourite was Mette-Marit's. Now, however, Stephanie is firmly on the first spot.
What an amazing, beautiful and elegant creation!

Last edited:
My favorite has been Catherine's, but now it's a tie between hers and Stephanie's. Both dresses are elegant and beautiful, and most of all, not over-the-top.

Stephanie's dress moved Victoria's down to No. 2 on my list with Maxima, Mette Marit and Margaret rounding out my top 5.

My favourite have been Catherine`s wedding dress, but now its def Stephanie`s beautiful creation from Elie Saab, just F A N T A S T I C :)

I believe that Stéphanie had definitely surprised us. Not many of us expected that she will look marvellous, just that she would continue her "Stéphanie"-look. But I loved her dresses.

Stephanie dress is now in my top ten favorite royal wedding dresses! Her gown was magnificent!

She was lovely. Everthing looked perfect.

I liked Stephanie's dress, but thought Kate's was better.

(And if Kate had worn a dress like Stephanie's she'd have been criticized for being too ostentatious). The dress, although lovely, was overwhelming.

My top 5 now consists out of these ladies:

1. Stephanie
2. Charlene
3. Catherine
4. Grace Kelly
5. Laura Ponte

Laura gets so much points for individuality. That dress never wore her and it fits her to a tea.
And I loooved Stephanie's dress. Elie Saab's dresses are always so rich, gorgeous and showstopping.

For example, my favorite Saab show ever with one of his best closing wedding dress to date.

Elie Saab Haute Couture Spring/Summer 2011 Full Show - YouTube
Skip to 11:23 for the wedding dress, but watch the whole show really.

I can honestly say I never thought another bride could or would replace Princess Grace as #1 on my Most Beautiful Royal Bride list...but Stephanie de Lannoy has come close. She didn't quite succeed in doing it...but she has come breathtakingly close indeed. Here is my new, revised list:

1)Princess Grace of Monaco
2)HGD Stephanie of Luxembourg
3)CP Maxima of the Netherlands
4)Fabiola Queen of the Belgians
5)Princess Charlene of Monaco
6)Katharine Duchess of Kent
7)Infanta Cristina of Spain
8)CP Mette-Marit of Norway
9)CP Victoria of Sweden
10)Princess Margaret

Stephanie's wedding gown was the stuff of fantasy. That long pearl and sequin studded train under floating out from her waist was simply magic.

Last edited:
I SO agree with all of you! This Bridal Creation is Absolutely Gorgeous and is now definitely one of My Favorites. So Royally Elegant, Graceful and Feminine! I love it.....

Please enjoy these images at this link:
http://www.hellomagazine.com/brides/gallery/201210229781/princess-stephanie-bridal-look/1/#4

I agree with you top three Moonmaiden - though I think I'd switch Maxima and Stephanie's places. Princess Grace is definitely the number one on my list.

4Pam, I go back and forth between Stephanie and Maxima at the #2 position...it's actually too close to call and they are tied for number two, imo!(btw that photo in your avatar is priceless...love it so much!)

I could stare at both their bridal veils till I go into a trance....sheer perfection by Valentino and Elie Saab!

Angelique, those photos are breathtaking! Thanks for the link!

Last edited:
Worst:
Mary of Denmark
Sophie of Isenberg
Diana, Princess of Wales
Mabel Van Orange Nassau
Caroline of Monaco , 1st wedding

I liked Mary's wedding dress even with its flaws. The design was great only the execution was bad.

I SO agree with all of you! This Bridal Creation is Absolutely Gorgeous and is now definitely one of My Favorites. So Royally Elegant, Graceful and Feminine! I love it.....

Please enjoy these images at this link:
http://www.hellomagazine.com/brides/gallery/201210229781/princess-stephanie-bridal-look/1/#4

These are absolutely beautiful. I love the jewelry. I think it went great with the dress. A bit off topic, but I love the second picture. Stephanie looks so sweet, and ethereal in int.

My favorites are still
1. Victoria
2. Letizia
3. Mette Marit

Well the best Royal bride was obviously HRH the Duchess of Cambridge and her wedding dress was simply divine. The artisans at The Royal School of Needlework are true professionals.
According to the Order of Sartorial Splendor, Catherine gown was number 5, oddly enough I was expecting to see a certain CP's wedding dress in the top ten but it didn't make it, although the Queen of Denmark did fly the flag for the Danes. Happy to see four Windsors make the list

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: New Top 10 List: Your Top Royal Wedding Gowns

When it comes to the best Royal brides and wedding dresses, HRH the Duchess of Cambridge is the alpha and the omega. The Angels sang as she glided towards the alter in Westminster Abbey. Absolutely beguiling.

Ah lets see.... Best Royal Bride: The Duchess of Cambridge :)
Best Wedding dress: The Duchess of Cambridge's :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom