2Maxima
From past- Princess Grace
I don't like
Diana
Mabel
Kalina

Old 06-24-2007, 02:07 PM
Commoner

can anyone post a picture of princess Grace wedding dress?
Old 06-25-2007, 11:02 AM
Nobility

Please seach the forums for existing threads as there are already many photos posted at Prince Rainier & Grace Kelly: 19 April 1956

And, just reminder to everyone to follow the Royal Forums rules with regard to posting photos.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:23 AM
Serene Highness

My favourites are:
1. Letizia
2. Maxima

And least favourites:
1. Mabel
2. Mary
Old 06-25-2007, 11:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSaga View Post
I sort of liked Mable's wedding dress, but it's definately not my favourite.

1-Crown Princess Mary
2-Grace of Monaco
Least favourite:

1-Maxima
Old 06-25-2007, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

My favourites:

* Mette-Marit : The dress suited her alot! To me it looked like a true Fairy-tale dress. MM looked extremely beautiful on her weddingday. The dress looked very simple , but so lovely! It was definitely my favourite!

* Claire and Anita: They're dresses looked very similar and very nice, IMO. Loved the collar!

* Máxima: Maxima's dress was the most interesting dress for me. The colour of the dress and the long veil looked amazing! The collar gave it the special touch! I also loved the cut of the "skirt".

In-between:

* Mary: The cut of the dress and the old veil were amazing! I just didn't really like the colour of the dress and Mary's hairdo looked a bit too huge to me. Nevertheless she was an amazing bride!

* Letizia: I think the weddinggown made her look very small... The collar of the dress was stunning ... I didn't like the cut of the "skirt"...

Bad ones:
* Mabel: .... the bows... especially the giant bows on the train ruined the dress!

* Märtha: I didn't really like the coat of the dress... The shoulder-parts weren't really my cup of tea... I think the dress made her look so small... well, I liked her Tiara and hairdo..

Old 06-26-2007, 03:19 AM
Heir Apparent

For me (not necessarily in the exact order):

The Best Ones:

1. Mette-Marit - I loved the dress, so simple yet elegant. I can't imagine Mette-Marit in any thing else. She looked beautiful on her wedding day.

2. Camilla - I was wondering before the wedding what can she choose, had some ideas, but her choices, both for civil ceremony and the blessing, were amazing. suited her perfectly.

3. Letizia - I admit, I didn't like the dress at first. But the more I see it, the more I like it.

4. Maxima - One dress I thought was perfect for the future Queen (or Princess Consort, whatever) of the Netherlands, she looked very smar in it.

5. Grace - One of the most amazing brides ever. She looked every inch a Princess.

6. Claire of Belgium - I like her dress and it suited Claire

7. Queen Elizabeth - Princess Elizabeth was a breathtaking bride, possibly my favourite. The dress was one of the most amazing I had ever seen.

8. Anite - Anita looked sweet in her dress, liked it very much

In Between

Mary - the dress was nice, she looked lovely, but there was nothing special in it. She did still look lovely

Marie Chantal - too much Grace Kelly attempt. And not a successful one.

Cristina - Cristina looked looked nice, and yet nothing special in the dress for me (imo).

Worst Dresses

1. Mabel - one word: bows

2. Diana - Diana looked lovely and sweet on her wedding day but the dress was terrible. Like a huge cake (and I don't like cream).

3. Astrid of Belgium - I love Astrid very much but that dress didn't flatter her, in my opinion.

4. Clotilde - the dress wasn't terrible but the shoes... I still see them in my nightmares.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 06-26-2007, 07:08 AM
Gentry

My favorite dress is Princess Diana, Fergie, Mathilde, Mary and Maxima.
especially that of Princess Diana my favorite Princess.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:57 PM
Aristocracy

My favourite dress is Mette-Marit, Maxima, and Martha Louise.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:53 AM

i love märta-louise weddingdress and she had the most beautiful tiara.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:14 PM
Commoner

I think that Lady Sarah's (the daughter of princess mragerte) wedding dress is simillar to the wedding dress of Mette Marit, at least the top part. Does any one agree??
Old 08-19-2007, 03:05 AM
Aristocracy

My favourite is Fabiola
Old 08-19-2007, 08:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamar View Post
I think that Lady Sarah's (the daughter of princess mragerte) wedding dress is simillar to the wedding dress of Mette Marit, at least the top part. Does any one agree??
I`m agree with you tamar
Old 08-19-2007, 01:27 PM
Serene Highness

Marie Astrid of Luxemburg and her sister Margaret Louise were two of the loveliest brides off the beaten track I have ever seen.I acnnot find pictures anywhere...... Not to mention now Grand Duchess Maria Teresa in her Balmain wedding gown trimmed in ermine or sable so beautiful and appropriate married on Valentine's day. They were all so magnificent.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Marie Astrid of Luxemburg and her sister Margaret Louise were two of the loveliest brides off the beaten track I have ever seen.
You can find some pictures of Princess Margaretha, including her wedding, at WorldRoots:

Worldroots.com

And some of Princess Marie-Astrid on the same site:

Worldroots.com
Old 08-22-2007, 06:27 PM
Heir Apparent

My FIVE favorites in no particular order are

1)Queen Fabiola of Belgium

2)Infanta Cristina of Spain

3)Grace Kelly(Monaco)

4)Maxima Zorregueta(Netherlands)

5)Alexandra von Furstenburg(nee Miller)

Honorable mention to Mette-Marit of Norway(the only time I have EVER thought she looked truly beautiful) and Sarah Ferguson(I have to admit I was holding my breath in the days before her wedding but her gown was just beautiful. I still wish she had worn her hair in an upsweep-I did NOT like her hair. If she had worn a different hairdo I might have put her in my top five)
Old 08-23-2007, 01:09 PM
Heir Apparent

My five favorites are-

Alexandra von Furstenburg(nee Miller) I gasped when I saw her as a bride. The dress was just the ultimate bridal gown IMO. MUCH better than her sister
Marie-Chantal. Alexandra looked like a Queen.

Fabiola of Belgium-a winter stunner, with the dropped waist lined in ermine or mink. I loved that gown!

Maxima Zorregueta(the Netherlands) I loved her gown so much that I clipped photos of it. I thought the neckline especially elegant, and the skirt of it was sensational.

Grace Kelly(Monaco) Honestly, what is left to say that hasn't been said already about this gown? I can't believe how tiny her waist was. The gown displayed her long elegant neck and entire body to perfection. A CLASSIC.

Infanta Cristina of Spain. Ahhh. PERFECTION. She had the perfect lace mantilla worn over a perfect hairdo and perfect diamond earrings. She had a stunning gown that showed off her beautiful shoulders. And she had a PERFECT GROOM. My goodness he is gorgeous! I have never seen Cristina look that amazing.

Honorable mention to Mette-Marit of Norway. I never thought she was beautiful but on her wedding day she surpassed all expectations. She chose a simple, elegant gown that showed off her tall slim figure.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:27 PM
Gentry

my favorite dresses are
1. princess margaret
2.princess grace of monaco
3.queen mary
4. queen elizabeth
5.viscountess linley

the worst dress
1.princess anne (1st wedding)
2.lady helen taylor
Old 10-23-2007, 08:07 PM
Aristocracy

The Best
Princess Margaret
Lady Sarah Chatto
Princess Claire--
Honorable mention to Infanta Cristina
as a side note, Queen Paola's family veil is absolutely stunning. The most beautiful veil I have ever seen

The Worst--tough b/c of all of the royal brides, the 3 mentioned above stand the test of time. You could wear Princess Margaret's dress today and it won't look dated. The one's I dislike are the one's that look like a function of their time--ie, Diana, Astrid. Mabel is just in a class by herself. The most heinous creation I have ever seen.

Tags
bride, fashion, royal weddings, royal weddings; royal wedding dresses, wedding dress