Best Royal Brides & Wedding Dresses

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rose Windsor looked amazing - her hair-do was the best.

I just saw the 2008 poll and voted for Marie of Denmark.She was lovely!

I was absolutely captivated by CP Mary's dress, it was so original and beautfully folded, I thought she did the best ever job of a commoner marrying into royalty. Looking herself, and not being worn by the dress.

Easier for a real Princess of course - and the old favourite of Princess Margo always wins through. Groundbreaking in its simplicity, and she set the standard for all brides for many a year.

Beatrix, though not normally so stylish, made a wonderful bride - but perhaps it was as much her persistance and strength that stood out as well.

Margrethe - loved the folds (was Mary's a bit of an homage to hers?) and the very square train. She has always had her own unapologetic style, and is fabulous for it.

But of course... some let us down. Silvia? Normally faultless, but on the day she lost it. It didn't fit - good on paper, bad as soon as you lifted your arm (and exposed the handkerchief on a rubber band!)

And Letizia. Trying far too hard. A dress wearing a beautiful woman. And not that well..Sadly.

I love Lady Roses' dress. It was simple, elegant and suited both the bride & the situation. Looking back, her mothers' dress was much the same in its suitability to the setting of her wedding.:angel:

I agree - I think lady Rose looked picture perfect for her wedding. Her dress was so elegany and classical that in years to come when looking back on her photos she won't get a fright! It was a very 20's/30's design which is timeless and would suit most people.;)

Lady Rose was indeed the best bridal beauty of last year for me. I thought Autumn's dress a bit too like that at almost every wedding I have been to, and though Marie's was nice, it was just that, nice. Rose was beautiful and oh so elegant.

To me:
Infanta Cristina of Spain
Crown Princess Mette Marit of Norway
Princess Marie of Denmark
Princess Grace

All them were really wonderful:flowers:

Without doubt Princess Grace was by far the most beautiful.

Princess Mary and Maxima looked also beautiful and their gowns were breathtaking.

Princess Diana looked also breathtaking with her romantic wedding dress though I didn't like her puffed sleeves.

I didn't like the gowns of Mathilde and Letizia, I think the collars were kind of weird and Letizia hair was awful.

Crown Princess Maxima's wedding dress is my favourite. She really looked the part. Regal without being overwhelming, classic and very well made. The overall picture (veil, tiara, her hair and flowers) was just perfect. IMO she looked like a future queen!

Some royal brides I can remember :)
BEST:
Mette-Marit of Norway
Infanta Cristina of Spain
Princess Maxima of Netherlands
Princess Marie of Denmark

I also like Letizia´s and Mathilde´s dresses, but they aren´t between my favourites because they could be better. Anyway, both looked beautiful :flowers:

And I didn´t like Mabel´s and Diana. About Mary, I didn´t like it, but I think it was because of the dress´colour and the horrible hairdo :nonono: The dress wasn´t so bad...

I loved Mary's dress.. esp the top half. Add the veil, hair, makeup and bam! perfection imo.

My favourites :

- Princess Claire
- Princess Maxima

Favorites (in order):

1. Princess Astrid of Norway - I don't think anyone else has mentioned her, and she doesn't even have her own wedding thread, but she looks absolutely beautiful in the wedding pictures posted in one of the threads about her in the Norwegian forum. I love the flowers on the dress and the fur jacket she wore in the photos outside the church - perfect for a winter wedding.

2. Queen Paola - I've never been a big fan of her personally, but the dress - and the family veil - were gorgeous.

3. Queen Margrethe - so classic and timeless, perfect style for a tall bride. And she herself was just glowing with happiness.

Worst:

1. Mabel - absolute DISASTER :eek:

2. Queen Silvia - just sort of blah

Not ugly or even overly plain, but disappointing for me given the bride's beauty and how much I like all four of them:

1. Mary
2. Letizia
3. Queen Elizabeth - it was pretty, but I think it could have been even prettier because I love most of her other dresses from that era. It needed a fuller skirt or something.
4. Queen Sonja - I like the bell-shaped skirt and the veil, but otherwise it really doesn't do that much for me, which is disappointing for such a pretty woman. However, I think it's cool that she did it herself.

Last edited:
There are so many great dresses, but in recent years, I especially like Princess Marie of Denmark's.

I loved Sarah Ferguson's dress. I didn't really liked Diana's.

There are so many great dresses, but in recent years, I especially like Princess Marie of Denmark's.

Ooh, I completely forgot about her! Her dress was beautiful - move that to the top of my list and knock Astrid, Paola, and Margrethe each down one number. ;)

My pick would be Princes Maxima. To me it is timeless and classic. I cannot find a picture of Princess Astrid. I have looked on the Norway threads. Help anyone?

+
Duchess Fleur of Württemberg (it's comparable to mine)
Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano
Princess Märtha-Louise of Norway

-
Princess Caroline of Monaco (with Philippe Junot)
Masako Owada
Princess Kalina of Bulgaria

Thank you Maura724. I like her dress very much. I bet the detail is beautiful.

Wedding dresses

IMO,

Most beautiful

1- Crown Princess Maxima of Netherlands
2- Queen Fabiola of the Belgians
3- Queen Margrethe of Denmark
4- Archduchess Marie-Christine of Austria

Least favorite

Tie - Princess Olga of Greece & Princess Mabel of Orange-Nassau

Royal Wedding Dresses - Patterns?

Does anyone know where I can get a pattern for HRH Sophie, Countess of Wessex's wedding dress? I want to wear it at my wedding.

Back
Top Bottom