Best Royal Brides & Wedding Dresses

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For me the best royal bride was Soraya of Iran, very nice woman, dress designed by Christian Dior and jewels by ¿Van Cleef and Arpels?;)

Princess Letizia was very nice in his wedding day.

Empress Farah Diba was very nice in her wedding day (the dress by YSL and the tiara by Harry Winston were impressive).

Princess Sofia of Greece and Prince Juan Carlos of Spain's wedding day was very nice too :)

Regards!!

Unfortunately I saw none of the recent Crown Princess's weddings live, but based on the photos alone I think I'd vote for Maxima of the Netherlands. Her gown and veil are among my all-time favorites.

Mathilde's ceremony looked very moving and emotional....and I loved CP Mary's veil....
Letizia's face looked like an angel, but unfortunately I found her hair to be a mess and I didn't like her gown at all.

Gown: Maxima
Hairstyle: Maxima
Crown: A combination of the tiaras worn by Mathilde and Letizia
Bouquet: Mary
Wedding Ceremony: I've not seen them all, but Mary's was regal, and Maxima's emotional.

Gown - Mette-Mait for being so simple
Letizia's dress as it was elegant with beautiful detailing
Maxima's dress as it was stunning

Hairstyle - Maxima

Veil - Maxima or Letizia

Tiara - Letizia or Mathidle

Bouquet - Letizia or Maxima

Gown: Mette-Marit
Hairstyle: Mathilde
Crown: Maxima
Bouquet: Maxima
Wedding Ceremony: Maxima.

Whether I'm taken by the gown or not, I think most brides look wonderful on their wedding day.

Some "older" brides who stand out (in no particular order):
- Queen Margrethe of Denmark for her regal gown
- Princess Margaret of Great Britain looked stunning and her gown was elegant
- Princess Grace was perfect, perfect bride, perfect gown...graceful, elegant, feminine, noble, beautiful
- Queen Astrid of Belgium was a beautiful bride, emanating a breathtaking innocence
- Queen Elizabeth and GD Maria Teresa both looked so happy

Some "modern" brides who stand out (in no particular order):
- CP Maxima for her radiance, lovely gown and beautiful veil
- CP Mathilde for her intrinsic feminine grace
- CP Mary for her regal comportment
- Diana Duchess of Cadaval was lovely from her joyous smile to her romantic gown
- Princess Tatjana of Liechtenstein was simple and beautiful from her persona to her gown

My Favorites are Grace Kelly and Maria Garcia de la Rasilla

I thought Camilla looked wonderful, personally speaking. I also thought Sarah, Duchess of York looked splendid as well.
Grace was by far the most beautiful, in that classic gown. Princess Margaret looked like the Princess she was in that high tiara and all that tulle.
Personally, I was never too impressed with Anne's wedding gown.
And, I think Princess Mary of Denmark looked breathtakingly beautiful with that hair and veil with tiara combination. She is so beautiful anyway, it's hard for her to look bad.
Mathilde and Letizia looked beautiful, but the collars on their gowns were a little weird to my eye.

i agree with jcbcode99 , camilla was fabulouse in her wedding .
-maxima was super beautiful with the super nice dress from valantino .
-letizia was staning in her withe and gold dress .
-mmm , i thinks claire of belgiem was beautiful too.

Diana, Sophie, and Peter Philips' wife looked great on their wedding days.

The Princess' dress is beautiful but it looked like it was going to engulf her.

I loved Princess Marie of Denmark's wedding dress. I also like Princess Mary's and Grace Kelly's wedding dresses.

Lady Sarah Chatto looked as close to perfect as one can get:
Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones

I always thought Lady Sarah's dress was smashing, it suited her personality (as we know it) perfectly.

Also, Mette-Marit's dress is very similar in it's design and simplicity. Again a dress that really suits her personality. I also loved MM's bouquet. It was so unusual, yet it worked perfectly with the dress and didn't overwhelm it.

I also thought Letizia's was beautiful. The embroidery on it made me drool!

I think I would be hard-pressed to find a royal bride that didn't have a pretty dress, with Mabel being the exception. The bows just make me shudder...and I had a bow (single at the back) on my wedding dress. I think if my daughter ever wears it, I will chop it off!

excellence wedding dress
CP Maxima
CP Letizia
Queen Margrethe

other (all wedding dress beautiful but I think not fit for Princess wedding dress)
CP Mary
Princess Laurentine
Princess Anette

The ones I like in no particular order:
Mette Marit
Duchess of York
Serena Linley
Autumn Phillips

Dreadful (and I'm bucking the trend):
Princess of Wales...the attack of the crumpled kleenex..and those sleeves
Princess Grace...Scarlet O'Hara enters a convent
Elizabeth II... Born Matronly. One of the richest women in the world, yet she's never owned a decent bra in her life.
Queen Silvia...the worst silk gunny sack of a dress with that awful cameo tiara and a veil that looks like my grandmothers tablecloth

Back
Top Bottom